Joel Segal! Misfit agent!

jason268152

Joel Segal is the agent for Michael Vick(convicted felon) and Percy Harvin(drug user coming to a police blotter near you) and our own Aaron Maybin! I think this pretty much means the bills are dealing with some real trash!

I think agents like this are just worried about how much money they can make and nothing else! They don't care if they have to sell there soul to get it!

I would love your opinion on this subject!

This is completely ridiculous. You clearly have a poor understanding of the negotiating process, and the contract process in the NFL. And judging an agent by the actions of some of his/her clients is remarkably ignorant.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is completely ridiculous. You clearly have a poor understanding of the negotiating process, and the contract process in the NFL. And judging an agent by the actions of some of his/her clients is remarkably ignorant.

I thought the negotiating process was the contract process?(Psst, they are negotiating a contract) I also don't think its a coincidence that this particular agent has cornered the market on thugs.

I don't mind a player holding out, but there comes a time when it effects his future earnings. An example of this is Derrick Harvey(1st round pick 2008). Derrick held out so long that he wasn't able to earn playing time which lead to him sitting on the bench for most of the year.

It seems to me your the one with a poor understanding.

Hey dean, I'll let in on a little secret, THEY ARE NEGOTIATING A CONTRACT!

Duh.

The negotiation is one part of the contract process.

Than why did you state them as 2 different things?

The contract process is bigger than the negotiation process. The negotiation is ONE part of the contract process. Is stated them as two different things because they are two different things.

The contract process is bigger than the negotiation process. The negotiation is ONE part of the contract process. Is stated them as two different things because they are two different things.

WOW!!! ONE MORE TIME! THEY ARE NEGOTIATING A CONTRACT!

WOW!!! ONE MORE TIME! THEY ARE NEGOTIATING A CONTRACT!

I think what The Dean is getting at is that there are other factors to contracts than just negotiating. Which is true, but you seem to be playing some ignorant game with it.

Riddle me this, 'jason268152', why would Joel Segal be going after "thug clients" as you point out when if in fact they are all "thugs" as you say, they would find themselves not playing often which in turn results in less mojo ($$$)?

When Vick was coming out of college, had Segal not signed him, the next agent would have. And then we'd be here talking about THAT agent instead of Segal because you display that belief that everyone's entitled to an opinion and they want to share it with everyone to make yourself sound like 'the expert'.

Furthermore, if YOU 'jason268152' were an NFL agent and Michael Vick visited your office after he left college, you TOO would lust at the thought of attaining him as a client.

What'd you do today? Pick up the paper, read the some schmoe SMOKE UP YER @$$ columnist and instantaneously become Mr. ESPN Insider?

Hope this helps!

I think what The Dean is getting at is that there are other factors to contracts than just negotiating. Which is true, but you seem to be playing some ignorant game with it.

Riddle me this, 'jason268152', why would Joel Segal be going after "thug clients" as you point out when if in fact they are all "thugs" as you say, they would find themselves not playing often which in turn results in less mojo ($$$)?

When Vick was coming out of college, had Segal not signed him, the next agent would have. And then we'd be here talking about THAT agent instead of Segal because you display that belief that everyone's entitled to an opinion and they want to share it with everyone to make yourself sound like 'the expert'.

Furthermore, if YOU 'jason268152' were an NFL agent and Michael Vick visited your office after he left college, you TOO would lust at the thought of attaining him as a client.

What'd you do today? Pick up the paper, read the some schmoe SMOKE UP YER @$$ columnist and instantaneously become Mr. ESPN Insider?

Hope this helps!

If you look at the NFL the thugs get more exposure, which allows them to keep getting chances.

I won't deny the fact that these players are talented. But this doesn't excuse there behavior.

If a person does business with criminals, whatever business that might be, they are choosing to associate themselves with people of low character. I am sorry but if you associate with criminals you are going to be considered a criminal!

By the way, what is this: What'd you do today? Pick up the paper, read the some schmoe SMOKE UP YER @$$ columnist and instantaneously become Mr. ESPN Insider?

By your statement i can see you have none, but try to have some Class!

If you look at the NFL the thugs get more exposure, which allows them to keep getting chances.

I won't deny the fact that these players are talented. But this doesn't excuse there behavior.

If a person does business with criminals, whatever business that might be, they are choosing to associate themselves with people of low character. I am sorry but if you associate with criminals you are going to be considered a criminal!

By the way, what is this: What'd you do today? Pick up the paper, read the some schmoe SMOKE UP YER @$$ columnist and instantaneously become Mr. ESPN Insider?

By your statement i can see you have none, but try to have some Class!

So teams are just lining up to sign troublesome players?! Is that why Vick has already signed with a team?

Oh brother :worthy:

I have class, what I'm running thin on is tolerance for ignorant over-stated opinion givers.

Hope this helps!

By the less intelligent among us, of course.

Well if you have ever read a sociology book in your life you would know that people gravitate to behaviors like there own.

Like you, I bet you associate with A$$h0!es!

Yes, if you read part of a Sociology 101 book, that might be your take-away. Actually study sociology, and you will realize it is far more complex than that.

Joel Segal is the agent for Michael Vick(convicted felon) and Percy Harvin(drug user coming to a police blotter near you) and our own Aaron Maybin! I think this pretty much means the bills are dealing with some real trash!

I think agents like this are just worried about how much money they can make and nothing else! They don't care if they have to sell there soul to get it!

I would love your opinion on this subject!

Vick has "paid his debt to society" and deserves another chance to play in the NFL....right? So of course he needs an agent. Plus, some perfectly legal and ethical lawyers defended Vick, and represent Vick in his bankruptcy case, so why should Joel Segal be singled out for representing him as his agent? And Percy Harvin hasn't even signed his first contract in the NFL yet, so who knows what kind of a person he will end up being?

In short, I would like to see Joel Segal's entire client list before I call him real trash. Maybin seems to be a young man of very high character, and I'm sure when Overdorf and Segal get him properly "slotted", he will sign a very fair rookie contract and get to work, regardless of whether Segal can ever find a team to give Vick a shot or not.

Well if you have ever read a sociology book in your life you would know that people gravitate to behaviors like there own.

Like you, I bet you associate with A$$h0!es!

Jason I will add only one thing to this debate.

It is their own not there own

You keep making this grade school grammer error over and over and it is really annoying.

Please try to change that from here as it certainly lends credence to Deans assessment of you.

Jason I will add only one thing to this debate.

It is their own not there own

You keep making this grade school grammer error over and over and it is really annoying.

Please try to change that from here as it certainly lends credence to Deans assessment of you.

Hey, if I wanted your opinion I would tell you what your opinion could be, other than that shut your mouth!