In NE they said game may be over at halftime

Ray

This morning on WEEI the local sports station here in Boston they seem to think this game will be a blowout. Even said it may be over at half so they could go to bed early for the morning show! I don't see this as the same Bills team that got whacked last year in the season finale. Granted this was not a comment by anyone in the Pats organization just the local Boston press. Run McGahee 40 times this game. Run Willis Run!!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given our road history and past last half dozen prime time performances mixed in with the fact that we haven't won in NE since the Clinton Administration I can't blame them for being confident. I believe our last win in NE was an OT win. Bledsoe caught his finger in Sam Rogers helmet and John Friese had to play......Sam Cowart was an animal that game. Steve Christie nailed a 53 yarder in miserable conditions. The ball never rose above 12 feet off the ground, hooked a little and tied the game....a great kick. Oh yeah Flutie was our QB also...a long time since we've had a W in NE....I guess we're overdue.

Our D was so awesome that day that we won the OT toss and elected to kick. A decision that proved damn smart.

Guest BillsRebound

This game might as well be the Super Bowl for Bledsoe. If he continues his miserable play on the road, Losman will be on the field within the next 2 weeks. As far as his career goes, this is Drew's single most important game. We don't even have to win, just a decent showing by the offense.

Bills have to keep running the ball right at the Patriots Defense. Their secondary is weak, so clearly BB would imagine the Bills would exploit it. I'd attack the secondary, but only extensively in the 2nd half. Pound that ball with McGahee and then put Henry in when Willis needs a breather. Get them to respect the run, then take advantage of their weakness with the play-action pass.

This morning on WEEI the local sports station here in Boston they seem to think this game will be a blowout.  Even said it may be over at half so they could go to bed early for the morning show!  I don't see this as the same Bills team that got whacked last year in the season finale.  Granted this was not a comment by anyone in the Pats organization just the local Boston press.  Run McGahee 40 times this game.  Run Willis Run!!!!

109405[/snapback]

I'm really surprised that "intelligent" (I use that term loosely) sports radio people would think that this team is still a bad team. The Bills are a lot better than the last time we played only a few weeks ago, and we came close to beating them back then. With the Pats as injured as they are and the Bills relatively healthy, depending on Vincent's health, I actually think the Bills may be fielding the better team. If this game was at home, I'd almost be surprised if they Bills lose this game. But since its on the road, where we all know how they've played recently, I give the Pats the edge because of that and better coaching. But to think this will be a blowout is a lot of overconfidence. If the Bills continue to not turn the ball over, we will win this game.

I'm really surprised that "intelligent" (I use that term loosely) sports radio people would think that this team is still a bad team.  The Bills are a lot better than the last time we played only a few weeks ago, and we came close to beating them back then.  With the Pats as injured as they are and the Bills relatively healthy, depending on Vincent's health, I actually think the Bills may be fielding the better team.  If this game was at home, I'd almost be surprised if they Bills lose this game.  But since its on the road, where we all know how they've played recently, I give the Pats the edge because of that and better coaching.  But to think this will be a blowout is a lot of overconfidence.  If the Bills continue to not turn the ball over, we will win this game.

109510[/snapback]

Two problems here: The Boston sports radio guys don't watch any games other than the Patriots, so they have no idea how other teams are playing.

They are also the biggest homers you will ever know, including that two-faced, hairy ape of a traitor named Fred Smerlas.

They're also idiots, and I don't mean Red Sox-like idiots.

OK, there are three problems :flirt: But there is one simple fact: until the Bills can beat a quality opponent on the road, and until the Pats show that they will ever lose a game at home again, their fans have every right to be over-confident.

Given our road history and past last half dozen prime time performances mixed in with the fact that we haven't won in NE since the Clinton Administration I can't blame them for being confident. I believe our last win in NE was an OT win. Bledsoe caught his finger in Sam Rogers helmet and John Friese had to play......Sam Cowart was an animal that game. Steve Christie nailed a 53 yarder in miserable conditions. The ball never rose above 12 feet off the ground, hooked a little and tied the game....a great kick. Oh yeah Flutie was our QB also...a long time since we've had a W in NE....I guess we're overdue.

Our D was so awesome that day that we won the OT toss and elected to kick. A decision that proved damn smart.

109413[/snapback]

i believe that was the game in which vinitieri missed 2 game-winning FGs...one at the end of regulation and one in OT.

that two-faced, hairy ape of a traitor named Fred Smerlas.

:lol: Dead-on accurate!!! Fred will smootch Patriot behind as long as he gets a paycheck in NE.

Let's not forget that the @ssclowns on WEEI also pronounced the ALCS as over when the Yankees went up 3-0. They are also the ones calling New England's win over a crappy Rams team a huge win and inspiring turning point for the Pats' entire season.

C'mon, they feed up to their audience whatever they think the "fellowship of the miserable" want to hear.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*
Bills have to keep running the ball right at the Patriots Defense.  Their secondary is weak, so clearly BB would imagine the Bills would exploit it.  I'd attack the secondary, but only extensively in the 2nd half.  Pound that ball with McGahee and then put Henry in when Willis needs a breather.  Get them to respect the run, then take advantage of their weakness with the play-action pass.

109431[/snapback]

Thats the game plan I'd like to see, but I also thought we were gonna get that in Baltimore so we'll see.

This morning on WEEI the local sports station here in Boston they seem to think this game will be a blowout.  Even said it may be over at half so they could go to bed early for the morning show!  I don't see this as the same Bills team that got whacked last year in the season finale.  Granted this was not a comment by anyone in the Pats organization just the local Boston press.  Run McGahee 40 times this game.  Run Willis Run!!!!

109405[/snapback]

This is what New York was saying. Granted this one is on the road, but we have a tough team that is playing very physical ball. The Bills are very very confident and in no way are the same team we brought to Foxborough last season. Beliceck can dream up all the wacky defensive schemes he wants but he will be very hard pressed to stop McGahee. My bet's they don't stop him and the Bills get a huge win.

109413[/snapback]

I remember that Christie kick. It was crazy- didn't look like it had a prayer and then it hooked at the last second. Ugliest make I've seen. Great game, but it has been way too long since winning there. I think we have a shot this weekend. New England has had trouble with stopping the run this year. Willis could have a good day.