Keith Ellison

Actually, I couldn't believe I was admitting this to myself at the practice last night, but I'm really starting to like Ellison this camp. Yes, it is just training camp, but he always seems to be around the ball, and I'm actually noticing him (unlike the games). He seems like a really smart player, or maybe something has clicked, but I think we'll be fine there. Obviously these aren't games, but I'm at least encouraged from what I've seen thus far.

Pat Thomas has also looked pretty good to me.

Actually, I couldn't believe I was admitting this to myself at the practice last night, but I'm really starting to like Ellison this camp. Yes, it is just training camp, but he always seems to be around the ball, and I'm actually noticing him (unlike the games). He seems like a really smart player, or maybe something has clicked, but I think we'll be fine there. Obviously these aren't games, but I'm at least encouraged from what I've seen thus far.

Pat Thomas has also looked pretty good to me.

In pads?

For a 6th round pick who was forced to start because of injuries, he has been a great pick. People need to get off his sac. He's a good solid football player who probably is best as a backup. But people act like the guy is the devil himself.

I've got no problem with Ellison. But you are right in that he's best suited as a back-up and/or situational LB. He's simply in over his head as a 16 game starter. The problem isn't Ellison per say, just the front office who watched him struggle last season as a starter and then determined that there was no need to upgrade.

I've got no problem with Ellison. But you are right in that he's best suited as a back-up and/or situational LB. He's simply in over his head as a 16 game starter. The problem isn't Ellison per say, just the front office who watched him struggle last season as a starter and then determined that there was no need to upgrade.

Well, I think did try to upgrade but didn't go out of their way to do it. Pisa and June are upgrades but are they enough of one to spend decent $ on? It's debatable. Plus, there are a lot of young guys like Bowen, Harris, and Ellison that might deserve a shot.

And we weren't losing games because of Ellison. OLB is a position that isn't the most important in a defense. It would be nice to have a star but if you had to pick a spot to be a little weaker in, OLB is probably the one you would pick.

That said, I'd still want to know if they talked to Derrick Brooks. Even if he can't play, it would almost be worth it to bring him in as a teacher/leader if his salary demands were reasonable.

Is it me, or does Ellison look a little bigger this year?

Ellison has his good qualities but was either undersized for a man of his speed or underspeeded for a man of his size- if he has gotten a little bigger and stronger and can turn some of those drag down tackles into stops at the point of contact I'm going to be pretty happy with the Bills LBs

Im rooting for Harris, hard. I Think he can be a stud. I hope the Bills coaching staff throws him to the dogs early and often just to see how he responds. Unfortunately, nothing this staff has done in the past would give me any hope that it will happen, see Corner, Jackson, Hardy, McKelvin etc.