Bill O'Reilly on higher Canadian life expectancy

I love how obesity is considered a "disease" in our society. Yes, some people are afflicted by dangerously slow metabolisms and other genetic quirks, but the VAST majority of obese people just eat too f*cking much and never exercise.

When the cure to your "disease" is to order the vegetables instead of the french fries and then take your dog for a walk around the block, it's not a disease.

This country has a higher rate of obesity than any other country in the world by a freakin country mile, and THAT is the reason for our low life expectancy...not health care. Why couldnt' Bill-O just have said that?

I don't think I agree with most of your posts but I can't find anything to contest in this one. Agree 100%

People without a goal and vision are less likely to push for solutions, and are willing to settle for war, health care for some, and intolerance. Too bad you're willing to settle for less than success.

That's !@#$ing funny. :rolleyes: Is your middle name "Irony"?

In other words, if Canada had a larger population, they'd regress toward the mean, and therefore their higher life expectancy is wrong. ;)

Seriously, though...it probably has less to do with health care than it does with lifestyle. I'd bet, on average, your typical Canadian eats better and gets more exercise than your typical American.

Well it's normal, but I mean I'm sure that we'll get less exercise once we finally invent the automobile.

Life expectancy has very little to do with health care. Fill out any life insurance application and they don't ask you about your current or past health coverage but more about your lifestlye and and family history.

here's the thing, chef. in canada, no one fills out an insurance application.

jw

sorry, thought it was health. my fault. sincerely apologize. thought it was about health insurance, in which no one is denied coverage. still, no excuse on my end.

jw

Like Kelly said... Welcome to hell! You ain't supposed to apologize here or you will get painted as a weak wristed liberal. You are supposed to pick up the entrenching tool and dig in!

;):thumbsup:

Like Kelly said... Welcome to hell! You ain't supposed to apologize here or you will get painted as a weak wristed liberal. You are supposed to pick up the entrenching tool and dig in!

:pirate:;)

A man is born gentle and weak

At his death he is hard and stiff

Green plants are tender and filled with sap

At their death they are withered and dry

Therefore the stiff and unbending is the disciple of death

The gentle and yielding is the disciple of life

Thus an army without flexibility never wins a battle

A tree that is unbending is easily broken

The hard and strong will fall

The soft and weak will overcome

A man is born gentle and weak

At his death he is hard and stiff

Green plants are tender and filled with sap

At their death they are withered and dry

Therefore the stiff and unbending is the disciple of death

The gentle and yielding is the disciple of life

Thus an army without flexibility never wins a battle

A tree that is unbending is easily broken

The hard and strong will fall

The soft and weak will overcome

poetry. freakin poetry.

simon, you ain't one of those Sabres boyfriends someone was asking me about earlier?

i'm kidding. i'm kidding. ... ok, i'm now banned. gulldurnit. :pirate:

jw

poetry. freakin poetry.

simon, you ain't one of those Sabres boyfriends someone was asking me about earlier?

i'm kidding. i'm kidding. ... ok, i'm now banned. gulldurnit. :pirate:

jw

The wisdom and humour of the Dao are as the Dao itself, without beginning they have no end. That is why my policy is that if I'm chuckling, nobody's getting banned.

And while I wouldn't pass up a roll with Cammi Granato, no I don't !@#$ hockey players. ;)

The wisdom and humour of the Dao are as the Dao itself, without beginning they have no end. That is why my policy is that if I'm chuckling, nobody's getting banned.

And while I wouldn't pass up a roll with Cammi Granato, no I don't !@#$ hockey players. ;)

Are you insane? :pirate:

And while I wouldn't pass up a roll with Cammi Granato, no I don't !@#$ hockey players. :pirate:

i resist the urge to suggest that Cammi has strong thighs. once again, i noted that i resisted the urge to suggest that. ...

jw

i resist the urge to suggest that Cammi has strong thighs. once again, i noted that i resisted the urge to suggest that. ...

jw

So noted.

But I'm guessing only by you.

Twice.

Yeah slick, I'm sure you wouldn't give that a second glance walking by the pool.

I assume you mean the girl?

Look, I am going off googleimages. If she floats your boat more power to you. If that isn't her, well I am an ignorant redneck. I have no doubt she is probably more intelligent and could kick my ass if she desired.

I assume you mean the girl?

Look, I am going off googleimages. If she floats your boat more power to you. If that isn't her, well I am an ignorant redneck. I have no doubt she is probably more intelligent and could kick my ass if she desired.

A reasonably attractive person can take a bad picture. But an ugly person cannot take a reasonably attractive picture. She's not a model but in the pic I linked to she looks pretty damned good for a 40 year old Mom with no make-up. Not to mention she's married to a relatively wealthy former pro athlete who's now a TV personality, the kind of fellow who doesn't generally marry Broom Hilda.