Parrish unhappy requested trade

Parrish needs to get the ball with a lot of room because one hand on him and he's done, that is the big difference between him and Welker, Welker can run through some arm tackles. and he should maybe shut up because with T.O and Nelson this is the first year in a long time where the Bills have a good chance of clearing out the underneath routes, If Parrish could make a couple of big plays as a WR as well as a punt returner his trade value might go from a 4-5 to a 3rd.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parrish needs to get the ball with a lot of room because one hand on him and he's done, that is the big difference between him and Welker, Welker can run through some arm tackles. and he should maybe shut up because with T.O and Nelson this is the first year in a long time where the Bills have a good chance of clearing out the underneath routes, If Parrish could make a couple of big plays as a WR as well as a punt returner his trade value might go from a 4-5 to a 3rd.

Dancing With the Stars is more likely.

I find it laughable that people are so enamored with Roscoe because his numbers in no way justify the hype.

His return skills are difficult to replace.

Josh Reed's skillset as a WR is very very easy to replace, which is why as somebody finally mercifully pointed out on page 4 of a pointless thread yesterday, we could not get a 5th round pick for him if we tried.

Josh Reed's skillset as a WR is very very easy to replace, which is why as somebody finally mercifully pointed out on page 4 of a pointless thread yesterday, we could not get a 5th round pick for him if we tried.

I have a feeling that anyone Bobby April puts back there will do a very good job on punt returns.

Parrish needs to get the ball with a lot of room because one hand on him and he's done,

Perhaps you haven't seen any of his punt returns. If you had, you wouldn't make such a comment.

I've got to agree with Roscoe. It's insane that the Bills don't utilize him more. Perhaps he's not the most polished receiver; but he should be catching balls on slip screens, reverses,--i.e., getting some touches in space. It's not like this team has that many other guys who can score a TD any time they touch the ball.

Im with this Wolverine on this one. I dont think he's had enough opportunity to fully test his potential at WR. That being said, Trent has to be on his feet to get him the ball....that O-Line is seriously freightening.

I might agree with you here if the guy could also return kicks which he can't. It is hard to justify a roster spot and high salary for a guy who touches the ball so infrequently.

Not to mention my more significant point and the one behind this thread has to do with his alleged skills as a WR. The guy has had years to prove that he has any. Give me one example of a game where he showed any signs of being a real and consistent threat at WR. He isn't plain and simple. He is a threat in space but if in traffic or when he has to fight to get off the line he is useless.

It might speak to Parrish's intelligence or awareness, but if he wasn't in a coma, they were trying to trade him for a big portion of the off season, so what makes him think if he requests a trade it will make it happen?

Tim made a subtle, but strong point in his article. The Bills shopping Parrish was just damn good marketing by agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Shortly after the Owens acquisition, reports circulated Parrish was on the trading block, suggesting the Bills were shopping him around. But that wasn't true, regardless of how badly agent Drew Rosenhaus, who represents both Parrish and Owens, wanted to stimulate some action.

The Bills simply weren't interested in trading Parrish.

Tim made a subtle, but strong point in his article. The Bills shopping Parrish was just damn good marketing by agent Drew Rosenhaus.

I never bought it either given the premium the Bills place on all facets of special teams. Roscoe is a weapon, pure and simple, and makes teams pay when they kick to him. I can't count the number of times he's given us good field position. That said, he'll NEVER be a wideout because he's not strong enough and can't beat press coverage consistently. Nor is he the caliber of Reed in the slot given what that position demands from a physical standpoint. But he's worth keeping just for punt returns alone. I just hope he doesn't become too disgruntled. And maybe we'll find ourselves in game situations where we can get him the ball in creative ways offensively.

GO BILLS!!!

Really? Why?

I won't say he can't. He's certainly an option if someone gets hurt. But I will offer the 'why' instead. KOs demand more straight line speed, get to a spot and explode through it rather than the elusiveness of making the first guy miss (or in Roscoe's case, the 2nd through 6th guys as well) needed on punt returns. McKelvin has the speed you covet in an elite KO return man. McKelvin certainly was that in college and showed it last year as well. Roscoe lacks that kind of straight ahead speed. But man, he's got a serious case of the quicks. That's the short answer.

GO BILLS!!!

I won't say he can't. He's certainly an option if someone gets hurt. But I will offer the 'why' instead. KOs demand more straight line speed, get to a spot and explode through it rather than the elusiveness of making the first guy miss (or in Roscoe's case, the 2nd through 6th guys as well) needed on punt returns. McKelvin has the speed you covet in an elite KO return man. McKelvin certainly was that in college and showed it last year as well. Roscoe lacks that kind of straight ahead speed. But man, he's got a serious case of the quicks. That's the short answer.

GO BILLS!!!

I may be wrong here, but I believe Roscoe's straight-line speed (in uniform on the field) is at least as good as McGee's.

I never bought it either given the premium the Bills place on all facets of special teams. Roscoe is a weapon, pure and simple, and makes teams pay when they kick to him. I can't count the number of times he's given us good field position. That said, he'll NEVER be a wideout because he's not strong enough and can't beat press coverage consistently. Nor is he the caliber of Reed in the slot given what that position demands from a physical standpoint. But he's worth keeping just for punt returns alone. I just hope he doesn't become too disgruntled. And maybe we'll find ourselves in game situations where we can get him the ball in creative ways offensively.

GO BILLS!!!

You're mostly money. The jury might be still be out the bolded part. Our OC has 1 season under his belt, and some new weapons at his disposal. Let's see what Roscoe, Tyke, and Turk can do this season before writing his WR obit...

You're mostly money. The jury might be still be out the bolded part. Our OC has 1 season under his belt, and some new weapons at his disposal. Let's see what Rosco, Tyke, and Turk can do this season before writing his WR obit...

I'm more than willing to see what they can come up with. I like Roscoe. But when he's split wide his greatest asset, his quickness, is more easily negated. And with Evans and Owens I'm not sure ANYONE else sees much time split wide. But like I said, I'm hoping the can find some creative ways to get him the ball in space.

GO BILLS!!!

I may be wrong here, but I believe Roscoe's straight-line speed (in uniform on the field) is at least as good as McGee's.

I wouldn't bet on it but I'm willing to accept the fact that you're right for argument's sake. McGee doesn't have the straigt line speed of McKelvin either. Evans and McKelvin are the fastest guys on the team. Like I said previously, if, God forbid, someone goes down, we can do a lot worse than having Roscoe back there to run back kickoffs.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

McKelvin was a good kickoff returner in college. He averaged 23.1 yards per return with 1 TD. He was actually a more effective punt returner at Troy averaging over 10 yards per return with 7 TDs.

I totally agree with your analysis of Roscoe's skill set and how it lends itself to punt returns more than kickoff returns. He probably has the quickest 10 yard and 20 yard splits as any player out there. He can stop and start on a dime. That's definitely punt return stuff.

As for returning kickoffs, if he did I'd be afraid that he might lose his life doing so. I don't remember a frailer looking wide receiver ever.