locked keys in car

mead107

:w00t: wife went in to go to the bathroom and i was going to drive. so at the clarence rest area i get out with the car running go to get in the driver seat and the door is locked so are all the others . we asked the state trooper for help . he was sitting in the parking lot to keep an eye on the jet fans so that there was no trouble . he called a garage for us and 1 and a half hours and $54 later we where back on the road . got to the parking lot at 12:30. stoped in the wine country on the way back spent $600 on wine .got home at 9:15 tonight , now have to get ready for work .loved the win, GO BILLS

:w00t: wife went in to go to the bathroom  and i was going to drive. so at the clarence rest area  i get out with the car running go to get in the driver seat and the door is locked so are all the others .  we asked the state trooper for help . he was sitting in the parking lot to keep an eye on the jet fans so that there was no trouble . he called a garage for us and 1 and a half hours and $54 later we where back on the road . got to the parking lot at 12:30.  stoped in the wine country on the way back spent $600 on wine .got home at 9:15 tonight , now have to get ready for work .loved the win, GO BILLS

108908[/snapback]

Get a spare key made and put it in your wallet. Lot cheaper than $54. At least you saw a good game.....

If you have "road hazard" coverage on your car insurance you can get that reimbursed.  Don't ask me how I know.  :w00t:

108919[/snapback]

You could also break your windshield to open the door, and then call a glass replacement company. No questions asked. :D (havn't done that myself, but know someone who did...)

CW

You could also break your windshield to open the door, and then call a glass replacement company.  No questions asked. :w00t: (havn't done that myself, but know someone who did...)

CW

108923[/snapback]

Why would you break the windshield and not a different window? Nothing better than driving 65 down the road with no windshield.

Call Wayne Szalinski....have him shrink you down small enough to fit into your tailpipe...crawl up thru the engine and when you get into the radiator take a left.....2 right and another left and you should be able to pop out the Ac duct.

Let me know how you make out :w00t:

Why would you break the windshield and not a different window?  Nothing better than driving 65 down the road with no windshield.

108931[/snapback]

Because a lot of glass replacement companies now will come out and do the replacement on the spot - they come to you, you don't go to them.

If you have power locks the best thing to do is try to get a hanger or something else with some stiffness to it and get it through the weatherstripping and push down the power lock button.

I've done this at least twice. :w00t:

:w00t: wife went in to go to the bathroom  and i was going to drive. so at the clarence rest area  i get out with the car running go to get in the driver seat and the door is locked so are all the others .  we asked the state trooper for help . he was sitting in the parking lot to keep an eye on the jet fans so that there was no trouble . he called a garage for us and 1 and a half hours and $54 later we where back on the road . got to the parking lot at 12:30.  stoped in the wine country on the way back spent $600 on wine .got home at 9:15 tonight , now have to get ready for work .loved the win, GO BILLS

108908[/snapback]

A good idea to get a spare key made. I ALWAYS keep a spare in my pocket.

Because a lot of glass replacement companies now will come out and do the replacement on the spot - they come to you, you don't go to them.

108954[/snapback]

Exactly. Plus, apparantly windshield replacement is easier and is 100% free, while a lot of insurance companies charge for side/rear windows.

CW

Once, someone unlocked my Pathfinder's door with half a cinderblock. I know it was a half because I found it in the truck. After rummaging around the POS took my favorite baseball cap and a lunch box. That's it. I called the police and they told me that they wouldnt send anyone out, thye just gave me a case number.