Vick reinstated on conditional basis

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*waits for the idiots to come invade this thread again and complain about how evil Mike Vick is because they know him personally*

You don't need to know Michael Vick personally to realize the actions that led to his prison sentence and this suspension were evil. What a stupid post.

"As you can imagine, the last two years have given me the time to reevaluate my life, mature as an individual, and fully understand the terrible mistakes I made in the past and what type of life I must lead moving forward. Again, I would like to thank Commissioner Goodell for the chance to return to the game I love and the opportunity to become an example of positive change.

"Finally, I want to sincerely thanks Coach Dungy for being in my corner, and I look forward to him being a mentor for me."

Powerful words, but as Goodell told Vick in a letter sent to him today, actions in the end will speak the loudest.

"As I emphasized to you when we met, as I have said in other cases, it is actions that count," Goodell wrote. "I accept that you are sincere when you say that you want to, and will, turn your life around and that you intend to be a positive role model for others. I am prepared to offer you that opportunity.

Well put.

Bring him in....if anyhing at all it will be fun to throw chicken wings at the peta protestors outside of the Ralph!

*waits for the idiots to come invade this thread again and complain about how evil Mike Vick is because they know him personally*

Didnt know Hitler or Pol Pot personally but I am pretty sure they were bad guys.

You fail.

Didnt know Hitler or Pol Pot personally but I am pretty sure they were bad guys.

You fail.

Oh really, so you are comparing HITLER and MIKE VICK? Are you serious kid?

Hitler you can clearly realize he was not a good person. Mike Vick's actions are far different and making a judgment off what the public knows about him is foolish.

i couldnt agree more with you... yeah he did some messed up things but hasnt everyone in this world... people deserve second chances, thats why so many people have a difficult time deciding which side to support on this issue :blush:

You fail.

Wow... you fail. I'm certainly not a Vick apologist, but you just compared him to Hitler. That's pathetic.

Thanks for taking the thread in that direction.

Good job. :blush:

Oh really, so you are comparing HITLER and MIKE VICK? Are you serious kid?

Hitler you can clearly realize he was not a good person. Mike Vick's actions are far different and making a judgment off what the public knows about him is foolish.

Yet another fool who doesn't understand the difference between a comparison and a hyperbolic analogy. But I'll bite...why can't I judge the guy for torturing and killing innocent animals? What piece of evidence could be possibly make this forgivable?

Well there are certain degrees of actions that other people have that can make you have a conclusion about someone. Running a dog ring doesn't necessarily mean he is an awful person. There are tons of variables and such that could have led to that situation, and not to mention some people deserve a second chance. You guys must all be perfect

i couldnt agree more with you... yeah he did some messed up things but hasnt everyone in this world... people deserve second chances, thats why so many people have a difficult time deciding which side to support on this issue :blush:

Nope, sorry, but I can't claim to have ever electrocuted a dog.

Thoughts on the suspension: the people who didn't think he should face any further discipline won't like this decision. Neither will the ones on the other side of the argument who suggest that the death penalty's too good for him. Both sides will be sure to let the rest of us know of their unhappiness, so I'd say that means Goodell drove the ball right down the middle of the fairway.