SIGN VICK RALPH

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for you. Are you happy with the bills end result the past decade? If not, are you suggesting that you'd rather deal with another decade or two of losing seasons as long as the team has high character guys on them?

I think he's suggesting that the two are not mutually exclusive, and that winning doesn't have to come at that cost. There are times when it makes sense to sign a player with a troubled past. I don't think this is one of them.

Let me ask you a question. Are you seriously suggesting that signing Vick will make us successful? 'Cause he wasn't that good to begin with, and I don't see him adding even one win to this team after two years in prison. Not worth the trouble.

I think he's suggesting that the two are not mutually exclusive, and that winning doesn't have to come at that cost. There are times when it makes sense to sign a player with a troubled past. I don't think this is one of them.

Let me ask you a question. Are you seriously suggesting that signing Vick will make us successful? 'Cause he wasn't that good to begin with, and I don't see him adding even one win to this team after two years in prison. Not worth the trouble.

Would it hurt to sign him to a one year deal and have him compete with our mediocre backups and give Trent some competition in training camp? As stated before ad nauseum, we could even instill a few Wildcat formations where Vick lines up in the backfield or takes a direct snap, much like how Miami plans on incorporating Pat White into their offense. Say what you want about Vick's abilities as a pure pocket passer, but the guy was one of the best overall athletes and homerun threats in NFL history. He ran for 1,000 yards and passed for 2,500 in the same season, for Christ's sake. Maybe Bobby April could find a way to utilize his gamebreaking ability on our top-ranked special teams unit.

Who knows? Could it really hurt to try?

I have a question for you. Are you happy with the bills end result the past decade? If not, are you suggesting that you'd rather deal with another decade or two of losing seasons as long as the team has high character guys on them?

What I'm saying is that I have set moral standards and values that I try to live by. I expect the players that I cheer for to have similar values. They don't have to be choirboys, but I don't expect them to casually kill unwitting animals for their own sick entertainment. Vick obviously didn't need the money, so his personal enjoyment of the slaughter must have been his primary motive.

Being disappointed with the end result of the Bills seasons doesn't mean I will accept winning at any cost. Character is an important part of being a professional athlete and role model to kids. I want a superbowl win for the Bills, but not at any cost. Not if it means having players of the Michael Vick variety.

I guarantee no team with genuine playoff hopes for 2009 will sign him. He'd be huge distraction and would impede the progress of training camp.

What I'm saying is that I have set moral standards and values that I try to live by. I expect the players that I cheer for to have similar values. They don't have to be choirboys, but I don't expect them to casually kill unwitting animals for their own sick entertainment. Vick obviously didn't need the money, so his personal enjoyment of the slaughter must have been his primary motive.

Being disappointed with the end result of the Bills seasons doesn't mean I will accept winning at any cost. Character is an important part of being a professional athlete and role model to kids. I want a superbowl win for the Bills, but not at any cost. Not if it means having players of the Michael Vick variety.

I guarantee no team with genuine playoff hopes for 2009 will sign him. He'd be huge distraction and would impede the progress of training camp.

u make good points....

Guest dog14787

I will say one thing, can you imagine the publicity of having Michael Vick and T.O. both at the same time, meanwhile Ralph Wilson prepares for his induction into the HOF. (talk about circling the wagons)

Media sensory overload :beer:

I created this thread as petition for Ralph to sign Vick. I want to see how many people on this board want us to sign Vick. So no dumbass comments just reply "I" if you do.

I'll be the first

I

NO - because he's a bad quarterback.

Here my two cents.....to OBD.

Even after 2 years in jail Vick is a better player than Fitz or Hamdom

He could be used as a "Slash" kind of player

1 Thrid string QB

2 QB in the wildcat formation you would have to admit is is the perfect wildcat RB/QB

3 TO, Evans, Roscoe, Vick who the hell you gonna double team and somebody is gonna be open for sure.

Most people are gonna look what he did, and as a former dog owner I understand.

But the man paid his dues for two years. Everybody deserves a second chance. If the Bills can sign TO to a 1 yr deal, and I'm am still surprised that TO is in a Bills uniform.....

Why not sign him or at least give it some serious thought.

You do make good points but ....

Jim Kelly was not a saint off the football field.

I have heard stories about Bruce Smith, Biscutt, and some others on those Super Bowl teams we had and let me tell ya you would be surprised. We cheered for those guys big time overlooking their faults because we wanted to win the Super Bowl so bad. What is the difference now???

In a couple of weeks Bruce goes to the Hall of Fame. It was based what he did on the field not off it. And I will bet nobody on stage will mention is troubles with drinking. Hell even Thurman had drinking problems after his career was over but nobody said anything about it during his Hall of Fame week.

My point being we are all human beings, we all make mistakes, some make huge mistakes and they pay the price for it.

Vick paid his price and it was a heavy one.

All im saying he should not be denied a chance to make a living and we all know that he is a football player first.

I personally don't give a shi t what kind of human being a player is; if he's good and helps our team be successful I'll take him. What has going after "character guys" done to make the Bills relevant this past decade?

100% agreed!!!

Hell, if they were football players, I'd take Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer...if it lets me see my favorite SPORTS team win some games, and enter the playoffs...

I dont care who is on this team, I just wanna see us WIN!

Vick probably has such a HUGE chip on his shoulder, and he would probably just about do anything for the team he is on, just to make the team and play. We could use him in crazy ways. Plus, it would sell even MORE tix and jerseys.

If it happened, AS SOON as it happened...ALL the Vick haters, would soon be Vick lovers...a la T.O.

SO mark me down for..."AYE!"

He also didn't brutally murder dogs. Vick is a psychopath.

Remember the LB who played for the Broncos Romonoski, was he sane??

Naw he was a psychopath as well .

I understand what he did to those poor dogs. But again I say he paid his debt to society get over it and move on.

You do make good points but ....

Jim Kelly was not a saint off the football field.

I have heard stories about Bruce Smith, Biscutt, and some others on those Super Bowl teams we had and let me tell ya you would be surprised. We cheered for those guys big time overlooking their faults because we wanted to win the Super Bowl so bad. What is the difference now???

In a couple of weeks Bruce goes to the Hall of Fame. It was based what he did on the field not off it. And I will bet nobody on stage will mention is troubles with drinking. Hell even Thurman had drinking problems after his career was over but nobody said anything about it during his Hall of Fame week.

My point being we are all human beings, we all make mistakes, some make huge mistakes and they pay the price for it.

Vick paid his price and it was a heavy one.

All im saying he should not be denied a chance to make a living and we all know that he is a football player first.

There's a difference between what they did and the sociopathic crimes that Vick pulled. How much jail time did those guys serve?

100% agreed!!!

Hell, if they were football players, I'd take Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer...if it lets me see my favorite SPORTS team win some games, and enter the playoffs...

I dont care who is on this team, I just wanna see us WIN!

Vick probably has such a HUGE chip on his shoulder, and he would probably just about do anything for the team he is on, just to make the team and play. We could use him in crazy ways. Plus, it would sell even MORE tix and jerseys.

If it happened, AS SOON as it happened...ALL the Vick haters, would soon be Vick lovers...a la T.O.

SO mark me down for..."AYE!"

people who think like this should seek psychiatric help

I'm really having a hard time believing so many people are opposed to bringing this guy into TC and having him compete against our mediocre stable of QBs. Worst case scenario: he sucks. So cut him, problem solved. I can't fathom him being worse than !@#$ing Gibran Hamdan or Ryan Fitzpatrick (Kelly Holcomb 2.0), even two years removed from playing a down in the NFL.

Would it give us even more exposure? Obviously yes. Could that be a distraction? It could be. You could also view it as taking pressure off of some of the other guys (Trent, offensive line, defensive line) as some people have viewed T.O. dominating the limelight. Vick is a very polarizing player, even moreso than Owens, and opinions are going to be split down the line no matter how much one side tries to argue their point. I'm just saying that, in my opinion, it would be a good move to at least give this freakish athlete the opportunity to come in and compete for a spot on our QB depth chart, which is less than stellar to say the least.