Shanahan looking to return in 2010

Mike Shanahan is looking to coach again in the NFL next year, where do you think he's going to end up?

Teams who might be looking for a new coach in 2010:

Buffalo

Oakland

San Diego

Cincy

Jacksonville (if they don't move :lol: )

Dallas

Philly

Oakland or SD would be my guesses with the quality of RBs they have on their roster.

Mike Shanahan is looking to coach again in the NFL next year, where do you think he's going to end up?

Buffalo

Oakland

San Diego

Cincy

Dallas

Philly

Oakland or SD would be my guesses with the quality of RBs they have on their roster.

There's no way Shanahan is coaching for Al Davis again, so mark off Oakland.

From the recycle bin:

Again, you're dreaming if you think this is even a remote possibility.

Firstly in 50 years, Ralph has never paid top dollar for a coach.

Secondly he will never again relinquish executive authority to one person as he did with Tom Donahoe. The top coaches these days typically insist on total or top authority regarding football matters. The Bills run a consensus model.

This is what your dream coaches made last year:

Shanahan $6 million

Gruden $4 million

Holmgren $8 million

Dick Jauron made $2 million

Marquee coach for the Bills? Ain't gonna happen.

From the recycle bin:

Secondly he will never again relinquish executive authority to one person as he did with Tom Donahoe. The top coaches these days typically insist on total or top authority regarding football matters. The Bills run a consensus model.

Shanahan $6 million

Gruden $4 million

Holmgren $8 million

Chuck Knox?

Buffalo

Oakland

San Diego

Cincy

Dallas

Philly

San Diego and Dallas are going to be the two teams that are going to hire Shanahan. The only way he comes to Buffalo is if there isn't any other job out there for him and Ralph offer a decent deal neither of which are going to happen.

To me I hope we get Jon Gruden. He revived the Oakland Raiders and built them into a contender. He has a Super Bowl ring on his finger and won't command as much money as the other big names out there (Odds are he is going to command like 4-5 million a year) If Ralph is committed to this team I could see him spending 4 million on Gruden. Not likely but not impossible either.

San Diego and Dallas are going to be the two teams that are going to hire Shanahan. The only way he comes to Buffalo is if there isn't any other job out there for him and Ralph offer a decent deal neither of which are going to happen.

To me I hope we get Jon Gruden. He revived the Oakland Raiders and built them into a contender. He has a Super Bowl ring on his finger and won't command as much money as the other big names out there (Odds are he is going to command like 4-5 million a year) If Ralph is committed to this team I could see him spending 4 million on Gruden. Not likely but not impossible either.

I think he can only sign with one team at a time.....(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Buffalo

Oakland

San Diego

Cincy

Jacksonville (if they don't move :unsure: )

Dallas

Philly

Plus coaches dont pick desinations based on who the Running Backs are! Especially Mr. Runningback turnover himself Mike Shannahan. They go where A they will get paid, B they feel like the owner and front office will give them the pieces they need, and C where the family would be willing to live.

These are also the reasons the Bills have never been able to get a big name coach... we wont pay him..... we dont get the big name players..... and people dont desire to live in Buffalo.

I completely agree with you on Gruden and I've said it here before... I think the guy runs a W.C. offensive scheme that would be ideal for Trent Edwards... He could possibly turn Trent into an all-pro. But I also think it may be a pipe dream given Ralph Wilson's history of not paying coaches... and would Gruden want too much control?

You left off Washington. He will either be the head coach of the Redskins or the Cowboys next year mark my word.
Plus coaches dont pick desinations based on who the Running Backs are! Especially Mr. Runningback turnover himself Mike Shannahan. They go where A they will get paid, B they feel like the owner and front office will give them the pieces they need, and C where the family would be willing to live.

These are also the reasons the Bills have never been able to get a big name coach... we wont pay him..... we dont get the big name players..... and people dont desire to live in Buffalo.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and I think there is a chance he could end up in Dallas... But two things to consider... RBs do not make the decision for him, but the Cowboys have the biggest offensive line in the NFL by average size and weight. Shannahan likes a small, athletic OL for his zone-blocking scheme, no? Also, wouldn't there be a power clash between an ego like Shannahan and Jerry Jones, who likes to have control over his HC ala our favorite ol' boy Wade Phillips?

From the recycle bin:

Shanahan $6 million

Gruden $4 million

Holmgren $8 million

You forgot to mention Bill Cowher who might get caught in a bidding war between the Cowboys and Redskins should they falter this year. He will command at least 8-10 million normally,perhaps as much as 12 million in a bidding war.

Sadly, now that his daughter has passed in the off season. who knows what RW is feeling about his team right now but him.

He has been to the SB-BS 4 times and won AFL championships in the past, does he care about winning a SB or simply filling his stadium? He would really need to bring in big time FO talent to compete with Belichick and Parcells and that would cost him more then he wants to spend.

The guy I'd love to see in Buffalo has a history of reviving losing teams and getting his team to the playoffs and could work with this FO and is a Buffalo Bill alum, Marty Schottenheimer.

If RW could coax Marty out of retirement for one last shot, he might come fairly inexpensively compared to other names and would definitely get the Bills into the playoffs, more then Jauron has yet to do.

From the recycle bin:

If Shanahan is looking for total/top authority (again, like he had with the Broncos), the Bills don't want him.

Buffalo

Oakland

San Diego

Cincy

Jacksonville (if they don't move :unsure: )

Dallas

Philly

Cincy: Possible: Pro Bowl caliber QB in Palmer. Shanahan would like that. Lewis is on the hot hot hot seat.

Dallas: Possible: Another good QB and if SOB (Son of Bum) can't get them into the playoffs, he's gonzo.

San Diego: Possible: Another very good QB in Rivers: Norv's last year unless he can break his own perennial "Curse of Norv" jinx.

Oakland: Nope....Larry the Cable Guy will win "Best Actor" before that happens.

Jax: Nope, they like Del Rio and so would I for the Bills. Hmmmm.....

Philly: Nope. Not unless Reid retires and may be McNab's last year so QB situation may be unsettled. Don't see Reid leaving.

Buffalo: Nope. For all the reasons brought up in the other posts.