If the Bills start out 1-3......

LIBills

If the Bills start out 1-3, which is very possible, and look bad in doing so, does the old man try to save face and let go of the corpse in trying to save the season. I say, of course not.

What do you think?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills start out 1-3, which is very possible, and look bad in doing so, does the old man try to save face and let go of the corpse in trying to save the season. I say, of course not.

What do you think?

No, that would mean he would have to pay 2 coaches and once and he won't do that-assuming the corpse you are talking about is stone face Jauron.

What do you think?

What if the Bills start out 0-4 or 2-2 or 3-1 or 4-0? It's all possible. The one thing that you can bet your house on though? Jauron will be looking stoic on the sidelines for the Buffalo Bills all year long.

What do you think?

No chance. Besides, 1-3 is not the end of the season by any means. No, it's not a positive way to start the season, but it's still plenty of football left to be played.

I love the Bills as much as anyone, and I consider myself to be an eternal optimist, but 1-3 is not outside of the realm of reality. I can see our one win coming at home against Tampa. I think we'll put up a good fight against New England in the opener, and win against the Bucs, get blown out by the Saints, and the Dolphins game, well, i just don't know....

but if that happens, all is not lost......but no way DJ gets canned for that.

No, that would mean he would have to pay 2 coaches and once and he won't do that-assuming the corpse you are talking about is stone face Jauron.

He did fire a few coaches during the season... Collier, Kay, Bullough... so it can be done. If we are 1-3, 1-4 and look bad, he might not have a choice.

What do you think?

No - the earliest I see them replacing DJ is 6 games in, but more likely around the bye week after or before week 8.

If the Bills go 1-6 or get to a point where you know they aren't going to make the playoffs than I think they fire Dick to save face with the fans and let Bobby April take over so as not to pay a second guy. Firing Jauron is really just a move they would pull in order to prevent the Bills fans from hating the team.

1-3 they still stick with Jauron the Bills would have to go something like 1-6 or 2-7.

...then they'll have to go 6-6 the rest of the way to end up 7-9!

Seriously, 4 games is NOT any indication of how you're gonna do.

The difference between 1-3 & 3-1 could easily be 2 plays.

Barring any other significant factors (player insurrection, etc) anything other than keeping the status quo until we're eliminated from the playoffs (i.e. at least 8 losses) would be impetuous and foolish.

What do you think?

If the Bills hit 9 losses at some point, Ralph will have all of the fans howling with pitchforks ready and torches lit. Not to mention TO having conniption fits by that time as well as sports writers eviscerating everybody from Ralph on down. That will either be the end of DJ right there (but I doubt it) or immediately after the last game of the season. I don't know that any marquis coach will want to take over before the season is over and he has free reign to clean house.

If the Bills hit 9 losses at some point, Ralph will have all of the fans howling with pitchforks ready and torches lit.

You think it will take that long for the pitchforks and torches to come out? I think there are people with pitchforks now who are just waiting to re-light the torches. The calls will start after we get killed by New England on MNF. If Skeletor pulls off a win he buys himself until Thanksgiving at least. If not, all bets are off.

What do you think?

Sept. 14 @ New England 7:00 LOSS 0 - 1 Ouch.

Sept. 20 Tampa Bay 4:05 LOSS 0 - 2

Sept. 27 New Orleans 4:05 WIN 1 - 2

Oct. 4 @ Miami 4:05 LOSS 1 - 3

1 - 3 after four games

Old Ralph is essence has put this franchise on auto-pilot with the 3 year contract given Jauron.

The Front Office will spin tough schedule, or new O-line, or QB injuries, or "2010 is the new make or break year", or

solar flares, or rookies didn't produce, or not enough talent.

Take your pick.

You think it will take that long for the pitchforks and torches to come out? I think there are people with pitchforks now who are just waiting to re-light the torches. The calls will start after we get killed by New England on MNF. If Skeletor pulls off a win he buys himself until Thanksgiving at least. If not, all bets are off.

No...you're right....the pitchforks and torches will be out before then. However, I think Ralph will hold pat until the team hits 9 losses. He may make up his mind then, but not necessarily fire DJ until after the last game out of professional courtesy.

Sept. 14 @ New England 7:00 LOSS 0 - 1 Ouch.

Sept. 20 Tampa Bay 4:05 LOSS 0 - 2

Sept. 27 New Orleans 4:05 WIN 1 - 2

Oct. 4 @ Miami 4:05 LOSS 1 - 3

1 - 3 after four games

Old Ralph is essence has put this franchise on auto-pilot with the 3 year contract given Jauron.

The Front Office will spin tough schedule, or new O-line, or QB injuries, or "2010 is the new make or break year", or

solar flares, or rookies didn't produce, or not enough talent.

Take your pick.

This team is NOT going to beat Nawlins. Not unless there is 8 inches of snow on the field and a howling 40 mph wind. I do think they "can" beat Tampa, but TB has traditionally had Buffalo's lunch. Still 1-3 after 4.

This team is NOT going to beat Nawlins. Not unless there is 8 inches of snow on the field and a howling 40 mph wind. I do think they "can" beat Tampa, but TB has traditionally had Buffalo's lunch. Still 1-3 after 4.

You're probably right. I just figured after getting WORKED against N.E. and losing a stunning last minute

game to T.B. on a bad call/non-call/D.J. call, they pull all the stops out and man up against N.O. at home.

:wallbash:

You're probably right. I just figured after getting WORKED against N.E. and losing a stunning last minute

game to T.B. on a bad call/non-call/D.J. call, they pull all the stops out and man up against N.O. at home.

:wallbash:

Hey lawdy momma, I hope you're right. But I don theen so.