Emmy announcments

K-Gun10

I glanced through them quickly.. i had no idea there were so many categories.

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series - If Tina Fey doesn't win for her spoofs of Sarah Palin it would be a shame.

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series - Simon Baker. The Mentalist is so hot right now, all the other networks are starting on their clones to it.

Outstanding Main Title Design - Watch True Blood every week, even though the intro is like 2 hours long, it's awesome.

Other than that, nothing really jumped at me. I don't watch that much TV. I've never seen Flight, but my father watches it.

I got two "tweets" today from actors saying they had been nominated (Rainn Wilson & Louis CK). I looked at that list and wondered how in the world I wasn't nominated for something? Maybe next year when they create another dozen categories for TVs annual "Hooray for us" celebration.

Anyway, nice to see FOTC getting recognition. It never failed to make me laugh.

I glanced through them quickly.. i had no idea there were so many categories.

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series - If Tina Fey doesn't win for her spoofs of Sarah Palin it would be a shame.

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series - Simon Baker. The Mentalist is so hot right now, all the other networks are starting on their clones to it.

Outstanding Main Title Design - Watch True Blood every week, even though the intro is like 2 hours long, it's awesome.

Other than that, nothing really jumped at me. I don't watch that much TV. I've never seen Flight, but my father watches it.

Unfortunately, the intro is the only good thing about that show! My girlfiend loves the show, but even she agrees, it gets sillier and sillier by the week....

I am hoping "Breaking Bad" wins for best drama, if only so that people will watch it. To me, it is the closest thing to a tv drama thrill since the Sopranos went off the air...

I love "Flight of the Concords" glad to see it get some recognition. It is very different than just about anything on tv.

One show, which I do watch, but I think is past its' prime, is "Weeds". Mary Louise Parker is great, as is Andy Kirk, but I have grown to want to groan any time Elizabeth Perkins and/or Kevin Nealon get any face time. They just seem to have run out of ideas for these characters, and they have become incredibly annoying... I guess I don't hate the show, but the writers' well seems to be running dry....

I've never been a big fan of the Emmys. Especially since they continually ignore brilliant, clever shows in favor of the shows that star all of their friends.

For God's sake how many nominations can "30 Rock" get? Is that show really that good? It just amazes me with the number of shows on TV these days that one show alone can garner so many nominations on it's own.

Reminds me of when tons of nominations would go to overrated shows like "Sex and the City" & "The West Wing".

This is where the Emmys are greatly flawed. They continue to heap nominations on one or two shows and sparsely acknowledge other great shows.

On a personal note, the one category that upsets me is Best Supporting Actress Drama Series. They nominated Cherry Jones in "24" and not Annie Wersching? :thumbsup:

I'm not saying that Cherry Jones was bad, she gave a good performance. Yet Annie Wersching who played "Renee Walker", gave an exhausting, powerful performance. Watching her character go through the hardships in that series and watching her change as the hours went by was amazing. She deserved to be nominated.

Jemaine Clement is definitely good on the show but I think Rhys Darby (Murray) is more deserving as a Best Supporting Actor. I also disagree with some of the song selections as liked many other songs not nominated better. Either way I just hope the show stays on the air as think it's easily one of the best comedies on tv now but fear it might not have the audience to last.

Jemaine Clement is definitely good on the show but I think Rhys Darby (Murray) is more deserving as a Best Supporting Actor. I also disagree with some of the song selections as liked many other songs not nominated better. Either way I just hope the show stays on the air as think it's easily one of the best comedies on tv now but fear it might not have the audience to last.

People always say that, but HBO is struggling for hits right now, with Sex & the City and The Sopranos gone. The have True Blood, Big Love, Entourage and not much else in the comedy/drama area.

FOTC may not draw the biggest numbers, but it has a large cult following...I think it will be around a few more years...Emmy nominations won't hurt. It took "Curb Your Enthusiasm" a while to gain an audience as well.

Unfortunately, the intro is the only good thing about that show! My girlfiend loves the show, but even she agrees, it gets sillier and sillier by the week....

the show I believe is actually good, I mean it hints at being a comedy theme for a drama show.

Got to love the billion stories going on at once and the silliness of the characters

I agree about Murray. He's probably the main reason why I tune into that show.

"Weeds" is one of the few shows I TIVO and follow regularly, and for the life of me I have no idea why it is considered a "comedy." Granted, it has its humor, especially from Kevin Neeland, whose character is beyond anything I would have expected from him. But there is a lot going on in this show, and calling it a comedy is a head scratcher.

"Weeds" is one of the few shows I TIVO and follow regularly, and for the life of me I have no idea why it is considered a "comedy." Granted, it has its humor, especially from Kevin Neeland, whose character is beyond anything I would have expected from him. But there is a lot going on in this show, and calling it a comedy is a head scratcher.

Yes, Weeds is definitely comedy of the darkest variety. I really like it at times, but, particularly the last full season, and the current season, it just seems like Neeland and Elizabeth Perkins characters are just kind of tacked on to meet some contractual obligation to the actors. There story lines seem to have arched a while ago...I like the corruption of the youngest kid, and the utter insanity of Nancy...and the brother in-law is just funny... this past week, Neeland's character going on about the George Hamilton tan thing was just sort of pointless, and not very funny...but, of course, I keep watching...cuz when it is good, it is good...

People always say that, but HBO is struggling for hits right now, with Sex & the City and The Sopranos gone. The have True Blood, Big Love, Entourage and not much else in the comedy/drama area.

FOTC may not draw the biggest numbers, but it has a large cult following...I think it will be around a few more years...Emmy nominations won't hurt. It took "Curb Your Enthusiasm" a while to gain an audience as well.

Count me among the FOTC cult. I tried to get tickets to a concert the guys were performing in Toronto but the damn thing sold out presale. I personally like most HBO shows but will admit Sex & the City and Big Love aren't among my favorites. I can live with Entourage but FOTC's comedy is far superior. Curb Your Enthusiasm is easily the best comedy on HBO right now.