Two Breakout Players for 2009

Kenwick

Here are my two players who I expect to have breakout seasons......

QB Trent Edwards on Offense. With the offensive weapons at his disposal and a O-Coordinator whose job is on the line, I expect him to start out on fire this year and stay that way. As long as his offensive line keeps him up right that is.

On Defense I expect to see Whitner to be the man....... It would not surprise me to see him play a rover type position ... Whitner reads offensive plays well. As a rover, he can do the unexpected. That would be mostly confusing opposing QBs. With the quality of talent now in the backfield I can see this happening sooner than later.

What is a Rover ? A Rover plays anywhere on the field he wants to. QBs never know where he will be and can cause a lot of frustration especially with a player like Whitner causing havoc........Remember, one of his strengths is that he reads opponents play calling very well.....

In any event I see those two having great seasons for the Bills this year. There will be others of course. The more the merrier......

QB Trent Edwards on Offense. With the offensive weapons at his disposal and a O-Coordinator whose job is on the line, I expect him to start out on fire this year and stay that way. As long as his offensive line keeps him up right that is.

On Defense I expect to see Whitner to be the man....... It would not surprise me to see him play a rover type position ... Whitner reads offensive plays well. As a rover, he can do the unexpected. That would be mostly confusing opposing QBs. With the quality of talent now in the backfield I can see this happening sooner than later.

What is a Rover ? A Rover plays anywhere on the field he wants to. QBs never know where he will be and can cause a lot of frustration especially with a player like Whitner causing havoc........Remember, one of his strengths is that he reads opponents play calling very well.....

In any event I see those two having great seasons for the Bills this year. There will be others of course. The more the merrier......

I think Youboty is an upcoming defensive star, if he can stay healthy. He reminds me of Tim Connally

On offense the big candidates are Trent and Lee Evans (Good player could be a great one with TO). Dark horse candidates are Shawn Nelson and Hangardner. Hangardner could be the Center we always needed and Nelson is another guy who could take advantage of TO and Evans on the outside.

On Defense the top candidates are Poz and McKelvin both young guys who are going to be asked to do a big role. As for dark horse candidates are McCargo and George Wilson. Wilson could be asked to start and could hold down the position. McCargo could step up he seems to be trying to turn around his career during this offseason and might be asked to step up if we need more size up the middle.

Mine is not "expect to". Mine is "better have"...

John McCargo, for both his sake, and for the sake of the Buffalo Bills.

As for "his sake", this is it for his contract, or he's another JP Losman.

As for "the sake of the Buffalo Bills", as for the interior of the D-Line, I'm not among the Kyle Williams love fest. The Bills need a real blue chipper alongside Stroud, or it's 16 weekends of pain.

Whitner? Come on already! The guy has played 3 seasons and clearly will never be a "playmaker." He's a great leader but an average safety.

I'll go out on a limb and say Puz becomes a solid to good MLB.

I like your choice of Trent Edwards who has lots of weapons finally. Problem is the O-line is probably going to be a disaster and he'll likely get hurt. The O-line (and smoking weed) is also going to hinder Marshawn Lynch who could otherwise have had a breakout year.

Whitner? Come on already! The guy has played 3 seasons and clearly will never be a "playmaker." He's a great leader but an average safety.

I'll go out on a limb and say Puz becomes a solid to good MLB.

I like your choice of Trent Edwards who has lots of weapons finally. Problem is the O-line is probably going to be a disaster and he'll likely get hurt. The O-line (and smoking weed) is also going to hinder Marshawn Lynch who could otherwise have had a breakout year.

Jason peters

Jabari greer

Felton Huggins :lol:

But seriously, my pick is none other than...Lee Evans. Sure, Evans is already considered a star on this team, but with T.O. lined up with him, I think this is the year he leaves all doubters in the dust. I'm really thinking Pro Bowl numbers for #83 this year.

Donte Whitner has to be my other candidate. With a pass rush that's even a little bit improved I'm hoping he can show off his play making ability. Of course, the existence of said ability seems to be a rather sharp sticking point around these parts.

Since I am from Iowa and I went to Iowa State, I am selecting, Alvin Bowen on D/ST since he went to ISU. and Fred Jackson on O, since he went to COE College in I.O.W.A. I guess you can say I am with Home Team.

Whitner is not going to be doing much roving if the defensive line doesn't get any penetration.. he'll be too busy back-pedalling..

Mine is not "expect to". Mine is "better have"...

John McCargo, for both his sake, and for the sake of the Buffalo Bills.

As for "his sake", this is it for his contract, or he's another JP Losman.

As for "the sake of the Buffalo Bills", as for the interior of the D-Line, I'm not among the Kyle Williams love fest. The Bills need a real blue chipper alongside Stroud, or it's 16 weekends of pain.

100% agree. The Bills have little to no depth and as it stands now only 1 legit starter. Kyle Williams is forced to start via default. He's not a bad player, but a guy who's much better off as part of a rotation than a guy we should have to rely on. After Kyle Williams it gets really ugly. I really hope McCargo amps up his game. The entire dline is still a huge question mark from dt's-dends. The sooner someone outside of Stroud/Williams steps up and the sooner someone replaces Chris Kelsay as a starter the better we'll be looking defensively.