It Really Is A Win Win Scenario This Year For Buffalo

If Buffalo makes the playoffs, everyone is happy and all is well in here. If they don't, Jauron is gone and the list of coaches available has never been stronger. Even though Ralph has not hired a big name in the past, you have to believe that with this list, SOMEONE is coming here.

I just don't see a Bobby April or someone already here taking over (too much uncertainty after too much losing). Of course there are a couple on this list we have no shot at but hey, always looking at the bright side. Either way, this season is going to have some good news at the end of it.....

Shanahan

Cowher

Schottenheimer

Gruden

Holmgren

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Ive got t agree with Senator on this. Just because the Bill should fire DJ doesnt mean they will. They should have let him go after this past season but didnt. And just because those coaches are available doesnt mean that they wont just promote some assistant to HC. However I will be begging for Shannahan or Gruden if Dicky fails again.

Yeah, Ive got t agree with Senator on this. Just because the Bill should fire DJ doesnt mean they will. They should have let him go after this past season but didnt. And just because those coaches are available doesnt mean that they wont just promote some assistant to HC. However I will be begging for Shannahan or Gruden if Dicky fails again.

Don't count out...

He might even lure Graham Harrell to BuffTown

I truly don't think DJ is here without a 10-6 record....no way

it really is a win win for the bills this year.. obviously we all want playoffs but if that doesnt happen then we get a new coach and alll of the coaches available are pretty ridiculous lets just hope ralph isnt a cheapskate and puts out the big bucks for a good coach

How about 0-4.. He'll be gone then and an assitant will take over for the year. It's Ralph's mantra. This team is a train wreck.

If that is the case, than it also works because if that team goes 0-4, no assistant will be able to turn it around. For some reason, I just have this feeling that IF DJ does not reach 10-6, a bigger name is coming here.

it really is a win win for the bills this year.. obviously we all want playoffs but if that doesnt happen then we get a new coach and alll of the coaches available are pretty ridiculous lets just hope ralph isnt a cheapskate and puts out the big bucks for a good coach

Leach has no buyout clause and doubles as his own OC, saving Ralph big $$$$ - plus he's spot-on about everything from global warming to Madonna...

Mike Leach Talks Football, Global Warming, and Madonna

Jerry Sullivan on GR makes this point sometimes. The Bills finished 2-8 after a 4-0 start. He should of been fired after that joke of a Dallas game. Or the Jets away game last year. His conscious, exact decisions in these games have directly affected the outcome.

But since he's been extended now, there's no reason to think that he'll be gone if they do poorly next year. Ralph might just stick with consistency for consistency's sake. I really love the Bills, and like a lot of their players, but I just can't get behind this guy.

Give me something other than "we like our guys," "we tried hard" "we studied film all week" crap. Here's an idea, actually TALK to your players. When do you ever see Jauron chewing someone out on the sideline? Giving instruction, SOMETHING. Even Harbaugh, a first timer last year, was RIPPING into Ray Lewis during the playoffs one game I distinctly remember. Lewis is a former Super Bowl MVP, does Harbaugh care? No, its his team, do what he says. What time is it Dick? Is that too hard of a question to answer? 1 winning season in his career. 20 games plus below .500, and we're supposed to think he's "gonna figure it out, look at Belichick in Cleveland."

But since he's been extended now, there's no reason to think that he'll be gone if they do poorly next year. Ralph might just stick with consistency for consistency's sake. I really love the Bills, and like a lot of their players, but I just can't get behind this guy.

RW does not like paying coaches not to work. This was clearly demonstrated when Phillips got the boot in 2000, and I highly doubt the owner will change his stripes now. While we don't know the full nature of DJ's contract, I can't imagine it was for anything less than two seasons. That being the case, barring a disaster of a season (5-11 or worse) I can't see DJ leaving after 2009.

By the end of last year, I'd say fan support for DJ was extremely negative. Just two days after the final game of the 08 season, DJ was retained. If he can go 2-8 down the stretch and lose the way he did, it makes one wonder what it would take.

Well, it's no mystery which side of the Jauron fence I reside.

Regardless, I don't see how a "new" coach is a winning situation given the likelihood that the team will take a step back before it takes a step forward, as is usually the case when teams without a top 5 pick usher in and out new regimes like a Banana Republic.

How about 0-4.. He'll be gone then and an assitant will take over for the year. It's Ralph's mantra. This team is a train wreck.

You are the MOST negative person on this board. Who pissed in your cereal since you were two? Do you hate the Bills that much or were you just gang raped by a bunch of Patriot fans as a child? My god, fans of all are division rivals think more of us than you do. You are a real DOWNER!!!!

Regardless, I don't see how a "new" coach is a winning situation given the likelihood that the team will take a step back before it takes a step forward, as is usually the case when teams without a top 5 pick usher in and out new regimes like a Banana Republic.

I mean, can it get much worse? 10 years of no playoffs, and I will be fully behind giving Jauron the boot. And just because we bring in a new coach does not guarantee a step back. Many first year coaches have come in and had immediate success.

But my sad, gut feeling is that if the Bills finish anything above 7-9, Jauron will be retained.

Well there is one thing that I will bank on and that is if Jauron is no longer here, this team will most likely NOT take a step back. I truly hope he has a good season because that is what we all want but if it does not happen, so be it.

You are the MOST negative person on this board. Who pissed in your cereal since you were two? Do you hate the Bills that much or were you just gang raped by a bunch of Patriot fans as a child? My god, fans of all are division rivals think more of us than you do. You are a real DOWNER!!!!

Sorry if the truth hurts..

When the season starts, I'll be like the rest of you cheering on every play, but the off season gives you time to reflect on this mess of a team. Whenever anyone actually is on the verge of becoming a star in this league with Buffalo, they are traded or lost (Peters, Winfield, Clemens, etc.) . We are counting on the 100+ draft pick to be a starter on the O-Line and waste our first pick on a DE with one year of college experience and severly undersized? We move players around like chess pieces because they're tweeners.

We have a coach who is a loser in 7 of 8 years and recently goes 2-8 , hell we don't even have a football GM ; and you expect optimism?

3-13

Sorry if the truth hurts..

When the season starts, I'll be like the rest of you cheering on every play, but the off season gives you time to reflect on this mess of a team. Whenever anyone actually is on the verge of becoming a star in this league with Buffalo, they are traded or lost (Peters, Winfield, Clemens, etc.) . We are counting on the 100+ draft pick to be a starter on the O-Line and waste our first pick on a DE with one year of college experience and severly undersized? We move players around like chess pieces because they're tweeners.

We have a coach who is a loser in 7 of 8 years and recently goes 2-8 , hell we don't even have a football GM ; and you expect optimism?

3-13

As I understand your frustration, I dont think anyone can say anything about Peters at this point. It is unknown. As far as Winfield and Clements. You are incorrect. Neither of them have earned their (at the time) rediculous salaries. Winfield has come closer than Clements and is deserving of his contract now, but hes also unhappy and threatening to hold out until he gets more money. Who else would you like to throw into the mix? Spikes? McGahee? Fletcher? None of them have produced since they have been off this team. Yeah, sure they have lost some quality guys as well, but it sounds to me when looking at those names that we made the right choices. And Maybin maybe be undersized, and inexperienced but he was also projected as one of the best DE's in the draft. Time will tell on that one. With that said I hope that DJ gets the boot if he finishes anything short of a playoff birth.