It Really Is A Win Win Scenario This Year For Buffalo

You mean the guy who's team lost 4 games with their playoff hopes on the line, including at home to the Raiders? The one who's players basically came out and said they hated after he was fired?

Yeah, he screams at his players and people around here have heard of him...don't you know that those are the two prerequisites?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your logic is faulty

Dick has 3 years left on his contract and Ralph will not eat the money.

It is clear that after going 2-8 and keeping his job, Dick has a free pass no matter what his record in 2009.

and you think Ralph will pay a big name coach -ha ha :thumbsup:

I tend to agree that Ralph Wilson will look to avoid paying Jauron the last two years if the team falls on its face this season, but that will not stop him from firing him if it goes really badly. Look at Al Davis, Shanahan is still trying to get his last 2 years out of his Raider contract. Owners can find ways and reasons to break a contract and not pay.

Lets not forget that he fired Wade Phillips for refusing to fire some assistant coaches and I seem to recall reading that RW never paid him the remainder of his contract.

I can only think of one person I'd go after If I owned the Buffalo Bills, the one guy who has a history of rebuilding broken teams and getting them motivated and into the playoffs after years of losing.

Martyball

I tend to agree that Ralph Wilson will look to avoid paying Jauron the last two years if the team falls on its face this season, but that will not stop him from firing him if it goes really badly. Look at Al Davis, Shanahan is still trying to get his last 2 years out of his Raider contract. Owners can find ways and reasons to break a contract and not pay.

Lets not forget that he fired Wade Phillips for refusing to fire some assistant coaches and I seem to recall reading that RW never paid him the remainder of his contract.

I can only think of one person I'd go after If I owned the Buffalo Bills, the one guy who has a history of rebuilding broken teams and getting them motivated and into the playoffs after years of losing.

Martyball

+1 for Marty

your logic is faulty

Dick has 3 years left on his contract and Ralph will not eat the money.

It is clear that after going 2-8 and keeping his job, Dick has a free pass no matter what his record in 2009.

and you think Ralph will pay a big name coach -ha ha :thumbsup:

The thing is - nobody REALLY knows what the heck is contract states.............................

Was it a win-win situation when we hired Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, or Dick Jauron?

Because we're either going to get a young, unproven, first time head coach or a retread off the scrap heap.

That's the way it always is at One Bills Drive. And there's 50 years of history to support this claim.

Big name coach? You're dreaming.

Leach has no buyout clause and doubles as his own OC, saving Ralph big $$$$ - plus he's spot-on about everything from global warming to Madonna...

Mike Leach Talks Football, Global Warming, and Madonna

I would love Leach as I think the spread would be great in the NFL and he is one of the best. However, if I am going to take a college coach to the NFL it has to be Les MIles, LSU, hands down. The guy has steel nuts and gets the most out of his players. We need a coach who plays to WIN, not to lose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSo9cc68jrU