Last post wins!

/dev/null

Sigh. A once proud and passionate rivalry is now a phantom of its former self. Nearly the only person who think this hasn't changed over the years is the owner.

Hope everybody that celebrates Christmas has their shopping done and is on to wrapping - or just cooking and drinking if you've got the wrapping done.

Hope everybody that celebrates Christmas has their shopping done and is on to wrapping - or just cooking and drinking if you've got the wrapping done.

Shopping was finished Tuesday, wrapping done Wednesday night. Work tonight and tomorrow, then 2 days off with pay.

Here, my regular scheduled days off are Monday/Tuesday. Monday they close at 4pm, Tuesday they reopen at 2pm. I offered to switch with either of the guys working since it wouldn't interfer with my holiday, but they declined. I still get 8 hours of holiday pay for both days, I just miss out on the time and a half for working on a company holiday.

Here, my regular scheduled days off are Monday/Tuesday. Monday they close at 4pm, Tuesday they reopen at 2pm. I offered to switch with either of the guys working since it wouldn't interfer with my holiday, but they declined. I still get 8 hours of holiday pay for both days, I just miss out on the time and a half for working on a company holiday.

Better then last year (IIRC) when you didn't have holiday pay, time and a half, or even half of a time pay.

My GF wanted to watch the old Grinch movie. I need to dig up that link of yours and find when it may be on or just download it. It was a rough day. Don't even want to mention it but I really strongly dislike everything my dad stands for and cannot understand the type of person that he is to be so self centered and arroagnt. Anyways, I took 4 shots walking in the door have a mixed drink in front of me, and have to figure out a way to fix a $450 piece on a machine to get it to work so I do not have to wait until Wednesday/Thursday.

Oh, and I am making it my new years resolution to find a way I can afford to get up to the home opener, bring some ground beef so ya'll can make burgers and maybe some moonshine, too. If the offer still stands with some members trading beefs for services/items might be a good route! Ya'll are just good people and even in my frustrated state I am still able to see how lucky we are to have the Bills.

Edited by jboyst62

My GF wanted to watch the old Grinch movie. I need to dig up that link of yours and find when it may be on or just download it.

Do you mean the cartoon? I don't see any more listings for it this season, in fact that last one was at 6pm today. There are streaming sites online with it listed

Do you mean the cartoon? I don't see any more listings for it this season, in fact that last one was at 6pm today. There are streaming sites online with it listed

I will probably just download it.

Oh, and update about the machine. I took it apart, looked it over. It is an Auger/Post Hole Digger. I just replaced the teeth on it before starting this. Anyway, it's probably 20 years old and I knew that it might not be so good. It can take a minute to bore a whole usually with a fresh set up. After 12 holes it was just not right, I kept going thinking it was bad soil. Eventually stopped. As I said, I took it apart. I found an entire mount to a bearing was broke in half and the O it was supposed to be was split in half. Those parts must have got on the already worn gears and ripped apart what little bit was left of the sprockets. The race to that sprocket and its gears were ground in shreds. So...that sucks. A new one similar is $650 so I can decide to pay my taxes for my house or bore a new hole. D'oh.

Also, for whatever reason when I speak the word hole boring I always say "hore boling" which comes out as "whore bowling"... so yeah, that's fun. Just been that was forever.

Edited by jboyst62

Better then last year (IIRC) when you didn't have holiday pay, time and a half, or even half of a time pay.

My GF wanted to watch the old Grinch movie. I need to dig up that link of yours and find when it may be on or just download it. It was a rough day. Don't even want to mention it but I really strongly dislike everything my dad stands for and cannot understand the type of person that he is to be so self centered and arroagnt. Anyways, I took 4 shots walking in the door have a mixed drink in front of me, and have to figure out a way to fix a $450 piece on a machine to get it to work so I do not have to wait until Wednesday/Thursday.

Oh, and I am making it my new years resolution to find a way I can afford to get up to the home opener, bring some ground beef so ya'll can make burgers and maybe some moonshine, too. If the offer still stands with some members trading beefs for services/items might be a good route! Ya'll are just good people and even in my frustrated state I am still able to see how lucky we are to have the Bills.

Speaking of beef. I had a free 9 oz sirloin at

the company Christmas party at Texas Land

and Cattle tonight!

How about just renting one for now to get this fence finished and worry about buying one later?

Good point. Didn't really consider it, yet. I will check on it Wednesday when the world gets back to working. I think time constraints might limit what I can do - being off until the 2nd and having a lot of work to do - I probably will just buy a new one.

Speaking of beef. I had a free 9 oz sirloin at

the company Christmas party at Texas Land

and Cattle tonight!

I like me some steaks.

Yesterday I did a sampling of 4 steaks. It was awful having to eat so much! :nana: . I had a filet mignon, flank steak, strip steak, and a ribeye. I tried different ways of cooking them at diff temps as i cooked a little then cooked more... Trying to get an idea how to recommend for customers on ways to cook them and sample/test my products.

I do like steak and eggs.

isn't a high temp good to do steaks?

High temps cook faster and retain moisture. Low temps allow non-meat/muscle a chance to tenderize and break down. Fat becomes more soluble and tendons and cartiledge soften.

Ill respond to bridge thread tonight. I am writing a letter to mass media outlets to gain some traction and attention now that DOT sat on their hands.

Pork is cooked for hours. Not sure how I would like a ribeye cooked for 6 hours.

My GF likes it cooked to abotu 150 in the middle and done. You have to have the right marinade and flavoring to offset the rawish beef you may not be accustomed to. and most people do not realize there are set temps to cook certain cuts individually.

got all the moo's to the house, cleaned up with the scrape blade and got some tasks done. Went back to the fence work.

Anyone want to chime in here...

- I can rent a bobcat and auger for about $175 -i think. (if they have it Wednesday). It goes quicker usually and places the tractor will not go.

- I can save the $150, spend the money (maybe 200-300?) for a new gear box to the 20-23 year old auger I have now...a new one of the same model is $650.

- I can buy a new one of the same model for $650.

- I can buy a a slightly better one for $750-800 (quality would be reasonable with higher price).

I can probably sell what I have now for $250 bucks as is or scrap steel it when it weighs 170#. Either way, within a month I need a long term solution. Brother is thinking try new gear box - price one, at least. GF says new one. Dad says rent one. I say Ralph is cheap.