The harder the schedule, the more battle tested your team will be...

SKOOBY

I used to think that the easier your schedule, the better your chances are at making the post season but after much thought, the odds of winning it all diminish after playing the other playoff teams. Making the playoffs is one thing, having a realisitic chance of winning it all takes experience during the season.

If we make the playoffs this season, we'll have a chance of bringing glory home.

Go Bills!!

I used to think that the easier your schedule, the better your chances are at making the post season but after much thought, the odds of winning it all diminish after playing the other playoff teams. Making the playoffs is one thing, having a realisitic chance of winning it all takes experience during the season.

If we make the playoffs this season, we'll have a chance of bringing glory home.

Go Bills!!

Yes, if we win a lot of games against good teams we will be a good team. Truly insightful.

Guest dog14787

Battle tested? I'll say

Fellas, we were 0-6 in our Division last season, until we can do better in our division it probably doesn't matter how hard our schedule is we still won't make the playoffs.

It's a given that the Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, Giants, Colts will all be winning football teams. They are consistent and not one year wonders like the Titans, Chargers, Cardinals, Jets, Dolphins, etc.. were last year.

The Pats, Steelers, Giants, Colts, and Eagles all draft well which is why they stay competitive each year.

It's a given that the Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, Giants, Colts will all be winning football teams. They are consistent and not one year wonders like the Titans, Chargers, Cardinals, Jets, Dolphins, etc.. were last year.

The Pats, Steelers, Giants, Colts, and Eagles all draft well which is why they stay competitive each year.

The Chargers are not one year wonders. Sure, they got lucky by making the playoffs at 8-8, but it was their worst record since 2003. They are a consistently good team. Just haven't put it all together in the playoffs yet.

Battle tested? I'll say

Fellas, we were 0-6 in our Division last season, until we can do better in our division it probably doesn't matter how hard our schedule is we still won't make the playoffs.

Oh how quickly and conveniently we forget the fact we were 7-1 against the Jets/Dolphins prior to last year.

Guest dog14787
Wow. This is the work of a genius. Fantastic insight SKOOBY. I'll wager that despite the horridly obvious thread subject, it will still see a second or third page.

The Steelers had the hardest schedule in the 08 season, what did they do, win the Superbowl.

09 seasons hardest schedule according to figures presented by ESPN AFC East blogger Tim Graham, the combined winning percentage of Dolphins’ opponents is an NFL-toughest .594 (152-104 combined record)

SQUISH <_<

Guest dog14787
Having the hardest schedule is one thing. Having the best team in the NFL is another...

Didn't I explain that well enough? the Steelers just had the hardest schedule and was also the best team in the NFL at seasons end.

Having the hardest schedule is one thing. Having the best team in the NFL is another...

I actually think that the best team doesn't win the superbowl every year just because of different circumstances that go against them, one call / play. You can't tell me that NE had the best team during their SB wins, I'll assure you they didn't. The year they did have the best team, the giants won. Sound familiar?

I actually think that the best team doesn't win the superbowl every year just because of different circumstances that go against them, one call / play. You can't tell me that NE had the best team during their SB wins, I'll assure you they didn't. The year they did have the best team, the giants won. Sound familiar?

You are right...In fact the best team in the regular season was the Titans including a win over the Steelers....and what did Baltimore do...Punch them in their mouth....

Battle tested? I'll say

Off the top of my head right now I can't think of a tougher division than the AFCE. Whoever wins the AFCE will be the best battle tested team going into the playoffs. I'm glad Buffalo plays in this division because the winner of the division will be an elite team. It doesn't guarantee a SB win but it does mean they've already beaten some elite teams. If Buffalo can become the division winner it's a very good sign for the future of this team. They are young and a lot of guys are just hitting their stride now. <_<

Didn't I explain that well enough? the Steelers just had the hardest schedule and was also the best team in the NFL at seasons end.

Steelers also go lucky in who they played in the play offs, a lot of other teams did the work for them, they played an 8-8 (without their best player even touching the field) team, an 11-5 team that they had already beaten twice, and a 9-7 team. One of the easiest play off runs ever. Had the Colts, Giants, Eagles, and Titans not choked they wouldn't be champs. Hell if the Pats hadn't had such bad luck with the tie breaker I think we could have knocked them out too.

in 03 and 04 they certainly did, I'll give you 01 though obviously.

Yeah, the Steelers had the "most difficult" schedule last year. But for the most part, I think, a difficult schedule just means more losses, especially for a team that hasn't won a must-win game in so many years.