The harder the schedule, the more battle tested your team will be...

SKOOBY

Yeah, the Steelers had the "most difficult" schedule last year. But for the most part, I think, a difficult schedule just means more losses, especially for a team that hasn't won a must-win game in so many years.

How do you prepare for a must win game, with a should win game?

Off the top of my head right now I can't think of a tougher division than the AFCE. Whoever wins the AFCE will be the best battle tested team going into the playoffs. I'm glad Buffalo plays in this division because the winner of the division will be an elite team. It doesn't guarantee a SB win but it does mean they've already beaten some elite teams. If Buffalo can become the division winner it's a very good sign for the future of this team. They are young and a lot of guys are just hitting their stride now. :)

Think of the AFC South.

I know every game is critical. But I mean games that are essential -- do or die -- to keep playoff hopes alive.

We need to be able to play any team in the NFL at a even level, otherwise hope is fleeting at best.

I used to think that the easier your schedule, the better your chances are at making the post season but after much thought, the odds of winning it all diminish after playing the other playoff teams. Making the playoffs is one thing, having a realisitic chance of winning it all takes experience during the season.

If we make the playoffs this season, we'll have a chance of bringing glory home.

Go Bills!!

1- We don't know if our schedule is hard or not until we get like 8 or so weeks into the season. Every year games you think are hard become easy while games you pencil in as wins become losses. So lets reserve judgement about the schedule.

2- Lets say the schedule is just as hard as it appears on paper than it becomes a double edged sword. One you may not make the playoffs because of a bad start OR you can improve as the season goes on because you will be more tested.

I wish I shared your optimism about the year. But having a harder schedule is not always conducive to playoff success. Its mostly how healthy you are going into the playoffs and how well you are playing going into the playoffs.

Off the top of my head right now I can't think of a tougher division than the AFCE. Whoever wins the AFCE will be the best battle tested team going into the playoffs. I'm glad Buffalo plays in this division because the winner of the division will be an elite team. It doesn't guarantee a SB win but it does mean they've already beaten some elite teams. If Buffalo can become the division winner it's a very good sign for the future of this team. They are young and a lot of guys are just hitting their stride now. :)

NFC East is likely to be the toughest division in the NFL.

Compare the QBs of the NFC East to the QB's in our division

Eli Manning - Tom Brady

Tony Romo - Chad Pennington

Donavon Mcnabb - Trent Edwards

Jason Campbell - Mark Sanchez

Even though Brady is the Best of the bunch the overall QB play is better in the NFC East. The defenses in the AFC East are better but by not by much of a margin. The Offensive play in the NFC East are much better up and down. The NFC East is the toughest division in football 4 tough defenses with 4 good running backs with 3 really good QB's and each offense having solid weapons all around.

Our division is one of the Better divisions in football no doubt about it. However I would rank the NFC East as a little bit tougher all around. The Jets lack a really solid passing attack. The Dolphins lack an explosive offense (Not to mention Wide Receivers). Our team lacks a confidence inspiring O-line and the defense isn't great (I would rank it as above average on paper). The Pats are good but have a weak secondary and an aging line backing core.

You could point out the weaknesses of the NFC East but they aren't as glaring as some of the teams in our division.

NFC East is likely to be the toughest division in the NFL.

Compare the QBs of the NFC East to the QB's in our division

Eli Manning - Tom Brady

Tony Romo - Chad Pennington

Donavon Mcnabb - Trent Edwards

Jason Campbell - Mark Sanchez

Even though Brady is the Best of the bunch the overall QB play is better in the NFC East. The defenses in the AFC East are better but by not by much of a margin. The Offensive play in the NFC East are much better up and down. The NFC East is the toughest division in football 4 tough defenses with 4 good running backs with 3 really good QB's and each offense having solid weapons all around.

Our division is one of the Better divisions in football no doubt about it. However I would rank the NFC East as a little bit tougher all around. The Jets lack a really solid passing attack. The Dolphins lack an explosive offense (Not to mention Wide Receivers). Our team lacks a confidence inspiring O-line and the defense isn't great (I would rank it as above average on paper). The Pats are good but have a weak secondary and an aging line backing core.

You could point out the weaknesses of the NFC East but they aren't as glaring as some of the teams in our division.

:)