What do you miss about Buffalo?

wow! Impressive list, but what about Uncle Sam's night club? I think it was somewhere around Walden and Union, or maybe George Urban and Dick. Previously, it had been a lumber yard. Your shoes would stick to the floor every time you took a step because there was spilled Boone's Farm strawberry wine everywhere. The dance floor was a mile long, and had colored lights that moved in synchrony with the drum set.

I was supposed to go see 'Cactus' and, much later, the 'Average White Band' but never got there. And, aahhh yes; Boone's Farm. Right up there with Marcel Foche and Blue Nun... YUCK ! Ha !

Anqua'N0' who else is on here from ?there?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was supposed to go see 'Cactus' and, much later, the 'Average White Band' but never got there. And, aahhh yes; Boone's Farm. Right up there with Marcel Foche and Blue Nun... YUCK ! Ha !

I was at Cactus. Tim Bogert broke a string on his bass, so they stopped playing. Jeff Beck then deliberately broke a guitar string, and they started up playing again. I'll PM you.

You bring up some of the same things I think about....but Chicken Man? Boy did I get a laught out of that! I go back that far as well. How about the original Glen Park? And the Inferno?

I don't remember the inferno, but Glen Park was pretty cool!

Nice to see another old fart on here that can remember Chicken man!

Go Bills

Am I the only person in this county that doesn't gush over Labatt or Molson?

I find them both to be vastly overrated.

The USA versions of those beers are different than actually going over and getting the Canadian brews. And it is more than alcohol content, too ! Try getting some Molson's Brador. That'll shut anybody up, Ha !

The USA versions of those beers are different than actually going over and getting the Canadian brews. And it is more than alcohol content, too ! Try getting some Molson's Brador. That'll shut anybody up, Ha !

Living in Buffalo for a few years and visiting family in Ogdensburg has allowed me the opportunity to take many trips into Canada to sample their beer, including Brador. I just don't see it as so much better than everything made in the US.

I also have never been one to try a million different microbrews and to only buy American beer that has seven different words in its title.

wow! Impressive list, but what about Uncle Sam's night club? I think it was somewhere around Walden and Union, or maybe George Urban and Dick. Previously, it had been a lumber yard. Your shoes would stick to the floor every time you took a step because there was spilled Boone's Farm strawberry wine everywhere. The dance floor was a mile long, and had colored lights that moved in synchrony with the drum set.

Before it was Uncle Sams it was Gilligans, located on Walden Ave between Union & Dick roads. I saw many great bands there including Johnny & Edgar Winter, Three Dog Night, Rick Nelson, Wilmer & the Dukes, Blood Sweat & Tears, Canned Heat, Deep Purple................I could go on & on.

Am I the only person in this county that doesn't gush over Labatt or Molson?

I find them both to be vastly overrated.

I am not sure what county you are in. I am in Sarasota County, & yes you are the only person that can't appreciate a great beer when you taste it.

I don't remember the inferno, but Glen Park was pretty cool!

Nice to see another old fart on here that can remember Chicken man!

Go Bills

sheesh thats even before MY time!! heard that Glen park was the hip place back then though

I remember seeing Cactus & Wishbone Ash along with 5 or 6 other bands at an all day outdoor Concert at UB in 69 or 70. GOOD TIMES. I saw Average White Band at Gilligans.

Is it true that Bailo's got cited for using horsemeat? Isn't Gowanda the place with the nuthouse?

I can get sponge candy out here about once every 5 years. I used to hate when I picked a chunk that had the hard sponge..bummer

It's a prison.

Before it was Uncle Sams it was Gilligans, located on Walden Ave between Union & Dick roads. I saw many great bands there including Johnny & Edgar Winter, Three Dog Night, Rick Nelson, Wilmer & the Dukes, Blood Sweat & Tears, Canned Heat, Deep Purple................I could go on & on.

Very nice, and thanks! I've seen Canned Heat and Deep Purple elsewhere.

great post!

for me:

SUBS!!!! john and mary's was the best, but in general you can find a tasty sub almost anywhere in the buf....

Good wings

Wegmans

batt's blue and (xxx)

i miss being content living there.... honestly growng up there was great. If i had been able to covince myself to move back there, i'd be enjoying that cost of living....

Bills fans.... they are great poeple....

one more... goo good dolls at Blind Melons. before they were any more than a garage band