What do you miss about Buffalo?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about fish fries and Mexican food, one of the best Mexican dishes in AZ is fish tacos: batter fried fish on a flour tortilla garnished with a tartar-type sauce, salsa/pico de gallo, and shredded cabbage.

I'am 71 years old, and was @ the Anchor Bar the night that CHICKEN WINGS were born. A bunch of guys & myself used to play basketball every wed. night. After our workouts we went AB for beers & somethink to eat. After having a few beers & some eats, the lady that owned the AB, brought us a plate of wings to sample, saying that if liked them she would put that on the meun. WE ate them and asked what the hell we were eating, she said chicken wings. Need les to say they

were great. She put that on the menu & as they say the rest history. They were fried in butter, in a big black iron frying

pan. A number of are still alive to back this story up.

GOD BLESS THERASA

P.S. Thats what the woman name was.

really? I've read that same story ont eh back of their menues too

Talking about fish fries and Mexican food, one of the best Mexican dishes in AZ is fish tacos: batter fried fish on a flour tortilla garnished with a tartar-type sauce, salsa/pico de gallo, and shredded cabbage.

I prefer tuna taco.

Mighty Taco is a great, terrible, "Mexican" fast food joint.

Please don't restart this argument. All we need is for Chef Jim to start lecturing us about Mexican food again. Mighty Taco isn't Mexican. That doesn't make it bad. It is what it is...a WNY-style taco/burrito. It serves it's purpose...sobering up drunks at 4am.

PTR

love fish tacos here in cali...but without the batter and PLUS put de lime juice onnnnn

love fish tacos here in cali...but without the batter and PLUS put de lime juice onnnnn

I like a good fish taco, and prefer the fish be unbattered, too.

As noted, Mighty bares little resemblance to real Mexican food. Still, that doesn't mean people can't enjoy them, or that they can't be tasty (to some), or appropriate under a certain set of circumstances.

I was never a Mighty freak, but they do taste OK after putting a heat on. I like to make them as hot as possible. When I lived in Buffalo, I always preferred steak tacos at Mike's Big Mouth, or most anywhere else that had a good hot sauce. But, in a pinch Mighty worked.

One time, as an "adult" (shudder), I had a hankering for something spicy, and a taco in particular, in the middle of the afternoon. I went to a nearby Mighty. Wow, not that good, when you are stone-cold sober (yes, I was sober in the middle of the afternoon).

Oh, sure.

I miss seeing the band TALAS play at Cassidys the bass guy was great. Billy sheenan I think was his name. Those were great days in Buffalo, mid-late 70's early 80's.

Havent lived in Buff since '86 but those are memories you can't replicate.

I remember also when they finally razed Cassidys,. there was a rat problem in the neighborhood for like 2 years that place was vermin infested to the nth degree.

Good cheap pitchers of Blue made it all worth it.

I miss seeing the band TALAS play at Cassidys the bass guy was great. Billy sheenan I think was his name. Those were great days in Buffalo, mid-late 70's early 80's.

Havent lived in Buff since '86 but those are memories you can't replicate.

I remember also when they finally razed Cassidys,. there was a rat problem in the neighborhood for like 2 years that place was vermin infested to the nth degree.

Good cheap pitchers of Blue made it all worth it.

I used to love a bar called Jack Daniels (on Forrest?). They had good music, too. Also liked Cassidy's and Gabels...cookout night...free (or 25 cent) burgers and dogs and pitchers of mixed drinks for $2.