Anyone ever do this?

NyQuil

OK has anyone on here ever pulled off something to this effect:

Saturday morning - Wake up early and be active throughout the day.

Saturday around 5 or 6 - Go to sleep.

Sunday midnight - Wake up, go to bar.

Sunday 4:30-5am - Go get breakfast.

Sunday 7:59am - Honk your horn waiting for gates to open.

Sunday 8am - Tailgate

Sunday 12:30 - Go to stadium and the game.

I'm not as young as I once was (still in my 20s) but me and a group of friends are contemplating doing this on the weekend of the Browns game. The reason for that game is that we all have Monday off for Columbus Day so its an extra day to recover. So has anyone done this before? Any tips (no alcohol related) to help someone fall asleep at 6pm? Would it be better aiming for 9-10pm and getting four hours max? Our main concern doing it is what happens if we can't sleep or even if we do pull it off are we going to pass out at the game.

Thanks.

Sunday 8am - Tailgate

I'm not as young as I once was (still in my 20s) but me and a group of friends are contemplating doing this on the weekend of the Browns game. The reason for that game is that we all have Monday off for Columbus Day so its an extra day to recover. So has anyone done this before? Any tips (no alcohol related) to help someone fall asleep at 6pm? Would it be better aiming for 9-10pm and getting four hours max? Our main concern doing it is what happens if we can't sleep or even if we do pull it off are we going to pass out at the game.

Thanks.

Why bother sleeping? just sleep in on Saturday real late and start drinking when you get up until you leave the Ralph? Ive done that before. Sleep till like noon and just pull off the all nighter. Lots of Vodka Redbulls and youll be fine. Your heart will explode from a heart attack but youll be awake until you die.

Sunday 8am - Tailgate

Thanks.

Stay around the hotel and forget the night life. If you choose to caberet, get into the sack before 9. If not, start the heavy boozing at 3 PM Saturday. Eat the fun stuff, but buy some of those high-fiber bars to mitigate the slop. You don't want to have the sh*t s. Plan on hitting the hay by 9 PM at the latest.

Be sure to take 2 aspirin and at least 16 oz. of water when you lay down to say your nightly prayers.

Your plan will have you all fighting to embrace the porcelain altar - orally or rectally - the day of the game, and possibly not awakening in the first place.

I'm thinkin you'll be fine. Based on the way this team played last year, by about 1:15 on Sunday you'll be able to get a few good hours of solid sleep before waking up and driving home. So no worries.

<_<

Sunday 8am - Tailgate

Thanks.

can't say i've done exactly that, but i have driven through the night from way up north (maine) to get to buffalo at 6 a.m. and start tailgating for a 1 p.m. kickoff.

here's my suggestions:

- regarding sleep, it really depends on how much you usually sleep. if your group is comprised of 8+ hours per night kind of people, you should get to bed closer to 6, if you typically sleep less, go more towards 8ish.

- to get to sleep earlier, turn the temperature in the room up a few degrees and then take a hot shower (it'll wear you out temporarily enough to get to sleep, but won't make you so tired that you need to sleep longer than normal).

- i'd also suggest working a glass of water in the rotation after every few drinks to keep your system from wearing out (alcohol is a depressant, after all), this should keep you from passing out (oh yeah, and no sugar-based energy drinks, they'll kill your night/day way early)

- it's been my experience that you won't pass out at the game once you get there, the environment will keep you up and at it, but once the game's over your crew will likely crash like you wouldn't believe, so it wouldn't be the worst idea to park where you can take a little nap before driving back

just my 1 cent

Sunday 8am - Tailgate

Thanks.

That was my typical weekend in the late 70s early 80s(with other things substituted for the Bills game) . Aaaaah to be young again......-I feel like crap now if I dont get my 8 hrs of sleep.LOL

Why bother sleeping? just sleep in on Saturday real late and start drinking when you get up until you leave the Ralph? Ive done that before. Sleep till like noon and just pull off the all nighter. Lots of Vodka Redbulls and youll be fine. Your heart will explode from a heart attack but youll be awake until you die.

LMFAO. Yes party hard, die young, and you make a nice corpse. And sleep is overrrated. As mrags suggests, you can sleep all you want when you're dead.