Tyler Dunne sez Nic Harris is da man

A second-generation Tampa 2’er, Fewell finally has the pieces to do some serious damage. Buffalo jumped from 31st to 14th on defense last year and finished 2nd in the AFC in negative-yardage plays

Seriously? That includes sacks, too?

Seriously? That includes sacks, too?

hard to believe. But I pray every day that Harris or Bowen over takes Ellison. Another year of a 6'0 220lb WLB makes me cringe. At least harris is listed at 6'3 230. He was a far, far better college player then ellison. Here's hoping...

Finishing 2nd in the AFC in negative yardage plays is great, considering Schobel missed over 2/3 of the season and was probably hobbled for the 5 games he did play. And for the stunt Crowell pulled at the last minute, thrusting former backup Keith Ellison into a starting role overnight.

Finishing 2nd in the AFC in negative yardage plays is great, considering Schobel missed over 2/3 of the season and was probably hobbled for the 5 games he did play. And for the stunt Crowell pulled at the last minute, thrusting former backup Keith Ellison into a starting role overnight.

We were also top 10 in 3rd down defense, despite our terrible pass rush.

We were also top 10 in 3rd down defense, despite our terrible pass rush.

I've been saying all along that the Bills' problems last year were on offense and that the defense kept the Bills in every game, except against the Cards. The addition of TO should prove huge, and I think Rhodes will add a lot as a short-yardage back.

I've been saying all along that the Bills' problems last year were on offense and that the defense kept the Bills in every game, except against the Cards. The addition of TO should prove huge, and I think Rhodes will add a lot as a short-yardage back.

You are wasting your breath, I have been saying the same thing too, even throughout last season, but everyone believes that the defence has to be top 5of all time, or else you can't be a good team. But the Bills would have been a playoff team last year if the offence could have scored about a TD more per game, which isn't much. The offence was horrible last year, the defence held them in most games

LOL! At this point, the only thing I want to read are training camp reports. The off-season nattering is wearing real, real thin.

Aren't you the cranky bastard. :lol:

(don't even open the thread if it's gonna bunch up yer BVDs)

You are wasting your breath, I have been saying the same thing too, even throughout last season, but everyone believes that the defence has to be top 5of all time, or else you can't be a good team. But the Bills would have been a playoff team last year if the offence could have scored about a TD more per game, which isn't much. The offence was horrible last year, the defence held them in most games

Count me as a lifetime member of the "Shut up about the defense already, it's our offense that does nothing to win games" club.

I feel the same way. The O was doing "OK" till the KO of TE, then it was a downward spiral. If the O had put more points on the board there would have been more sacks, as teams would have had to pass more to catch up. When the D line can tee off on obvious passing situations they will be more productive. We still would have sorely missed Schobel, but at least our numbers would have been better. And who knows given this scenerio we may have cracked the top 5 in D due to less time on the field. The O spent way to much time on the sideline. I was OK with that during the "no huddle era" but at that time the O was putting points up by the bucket fulls. I would love to see this D work with a high powered O. If you look at the Pats 2 years ago, there were glaring weakness' in their D but teams would get so far behind they would not be able to exploit it. The best Defence is a good offense.

It's both.

I'll give you that.

We don't have a game changing, points scoring defense (07 Cowboys game excluded).

But few teams in the league do, and what we do have is a defense that can buy the offense PLENTY of time to establish a lead.

I'm of the firm belief that if the offense held up ITS end of the bargain, our defensive statistics would benefit greatly from opponents having to work their way back into games. As it is now, the offense does the defense no favors when it comes to forcing the opposing teams' hands.

So yes, it is both, but only because of the symbiotic relationship the units share.