Will you be buying Madden 2010?

How many Madden players are on this board? What do you hate or like about the way the series has gone. Do you think all the added improvements they are looking to implement into this years version will work out? When was the last year you bought a Madden game?

I usually buy Madden every other year. The last year I bought was 2008 so by that pattern I would be buying Madden 2010. My biggest gripe with the series has been a slow show of progress since EA bought out the NFL license in 2005. Which meant the NFL 2k franchise stopped and Madden was left without any competition. There are things in NFL 2k5 that have taken five years to be put into Madden.

Even little things like the half a sack stat take forever to be put into the Madden games. I also don't like fact that they feel the need to put in gimmicks into the game rather than focus on making the game more in tune with real football. For example in Madden 2008 they put in the weapons system (Example a guy who was a heavy hitter had a hammer on his player icon and it meant he was likely to cause fumbles.) which didn't make the game any better it was just kind of a gimmick.

Yet this year I am really liking the way the game is shaping up. It looks like they have found a lot of the problems with the game and are trying hard to fix them. They have a new pocket forming system which looks like (From Videos I have watched) that the offensive line will form a realistic pocket around the QB and maybe having a good O-line will actually matter. They also added in a new animation system that makes it much more realistic in regards to the way a player reacts to the tackles of other players.

I also like the new rating system. The presentation looks better. The online franchise looks cool. The game appears to have slowed down a little bit to reflect football a little more accurately. In conclusion I want to play that demo you get for preordering it to see if they have improved it but I like what they are doing in concept at least. I will likely buy Madden 2010.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Madden players are on this board? What do you hate or like about the way the series has gone. Do you think all the added improvements they are looking to implement into this years version will work out? When was the last year you bought a Madden game?

I usually buy Madden every other year. The last year I bought was 2008 so by that pattern I would be buying Madden 2010. My biggest gripe with the series has been a slow show of progress since EA bought out the NFL license in 2005. Which meant the NFL 2k franchise stopped and Madden was left without any competition. There are things in NFL 2k5 that have taken five years to be put into Madden.

Even little things like the half a sack stat take forever to be put into the Madden games. I also don't like fact that they feel the need to put in gimmicks into the game rather than focus on making the game more in tune with real football. For example in Madden 2008 they put in the weapons system (Example a guy who was a heavy hitter had a hammer on his player icon and it meant he was likely to cause fumbles.) which didn't make the game any better it was just kind of a gimmick.

Yet this year I am really liking the way the game is shaping up. It looks like they have found a lot of the problems with the game and are trying hard to fix them. They have a new pocket forming system which looks like (From Videos I have watched) that the offensive line will form a realistic pocket around the QB and maybe having a good O-line will actually matter. They also added in a new animation system that makes it much more realistic in regards to the way a player reacts to the tackles of other players.

I also like the new rating system. The presentation looks better. The online franchise looks cool. The game appears to have slowed down a little bit to reflect football a little more accurately. In conclusion I want to play that demo you get for preordering it to see if they have improved it but I like what they are doing in concept at least. I will likely buy Madden 2010.

I for one would be pissed if having a good offensive line is more important, since I won countless games with Antowain Smith, Travis Henry, Marshawn and some pretty terrible offensive lines. Being a Bills fan, the last thing I want is realism. I buy it every couple of years, because I know its the closest I'm going to get to a Bills Super Bowl win.

I think Madden 09 was the best edition of the game since Madden 05.

I believe from what I have seen, some of it you referred to above, that this is going to be even better than 09 and not just simply 09.5.

...I will be buying.

I believe from what I have seen, some of it you referred to above, that this is going to be even better than 09 and not just simply 09.5.

...I will be buying.

Buy APBA Football. You don't need a computer, just another person.

http://www.apbagames.com/stadium/games/boa...o_football.html

APBA Baseball is legendary...

http://www.apbagames.com/stadium/games/boa...o_baseball.html

Last year was the first year I did not buy it in close to ten years. Used to be addicted. Seems like now that I work for a living, I dont have time to play it to the degree I used to. My favorite part of the game was the offseason, draft, FA and GM work.

I used to love taking the Cardinals (bc they used to suck), and revamp their roster through the draft. Those were the days.

Yes, I am a madden fan. I like college football too, but if could only buy one it would be Madden 2010. Am interested to see this new franchise mode. And at least the Bills will be good with me controlling them-LOL.

...I will be buying.

Yeah I played Madden 2009 and it seemed like an improvement but Madden 2007 and 2006 were terrible on the 360. It almost seemed like I was playing a beta (You couldn't do a fantasy draft in madden 2007). Madden 2008 was pretty good and Madden 2009 seemed like they upped the graphics, added gang tackling, and made the presentation better. Yet in Madden 2009 and 2008 while solid efforts they still had the same Madden issues.

It seems like 2010 is going to take that next step and fix some of the issues that plagued Madden for many years and football games in general for many years.

I'm buying. First Madden for my PS3. I got sick of the last few for ps2, seemed nothing changed at all. I'm really looking forward to this version. Should be able to put up lots of points with the skill players on offense as long as Trent is decent.

I for one would be pissed if having a good offensive line is more important, since I won countless games with Antowain Smith, Travis Henry, Marshawn and some pretty terrible offensive lines. Being a Bills fan, the last thing I want is realism. I buy it every couple of years, because I know its the closest I'm going to get to a Bills Super Bowl win.

It use to piss me off so much when I would do a fantasy draft and I would draft a really awesome offensive line and it wouldn't matter. I know playing with the Bills it was nice that having a bad o-line didn't really hurt the production of the running backs but it overall sucked because you felt that if took away from the realism of the game.

quick question, is the thing any easier on the WII. I know the graphics will suck compared to the other systems, but i have no time to learn 30 buttons.

I have 09 for the Wii, and it's definitely easier in tems of basic mechanics. My 7-year-old and 11-year-old can pretty much keep up with me, and they are neither hard-core gamers nor total football wonks. They also like the "call your shot" feature on the Wii version, when you can make up your own passing routes for the receivers.

There are three games i will buy every year and they are madden,ncaa, and nhl. I am a madden lover and love beating up on my buddies at school. The first year i don't buy the game will be a sad year for me haha

I beg to differ. You'll probably get laid that year.