Joe Biden says BO miscalculated on the economy

I especially love this quote ""This was supposed to be about jobs, jobs and jobs. And the fact is it turned into nothing more than spending, spending and more spending on a lot of big government bureaucracy," John Boehner of Ohio said."

John - where is your plan to help out the economy?

I especially love this quote ""This was supposed to be about jobs, jobs and jobs. And the fact is it turned into nothing more than spending, spending and more spending on a lot of big government bureaucracy," John Boehner of Ohio said."

Republican party don't have too many solutions, that is a part of the reason why they are where they are.

The best thing the Republicans have going for them are the liberals and their spending.

Republican party don't have too many solutions, that is a part of the reason why they are where they are.

The best thing the Republicans have going for them are the liberals and their spending.

That may be true with some voters... worst thing for them is sitting on the sidelines saying "I told you so" after the fact. That clearly does not show leadership.

That may be true with some voters... worst thing for them is sitting on the sidelines saying "I told you so" after the fact. That clearly does not show leadership.

It's what the Democrats did for eight years, and got them Congress and the White House. And what the Republicans did before that.

It's just politics.

It's what the Democrats did for eight years, and got them Congress and the White House. And what the Republicans did before that.

It's just politics.

I was just about to say the same thing.

It's just politics.

Didn't the republicans have the 60 votes for the majority of those eight years?

US Vice President Joe Biden said the Obama administration “misread how bad the economy was"

you don't say

Carrying on the proud American tradition of the Bumbling Vice-Prezzer.

I believe he just gave Israel the okay to attack Iran this week too.

So what I don't get, and yes I am sticking up for both Bush and Obama, but why are we blaming either of these idiot for the current economic issues. Seems like the whole world is a cluster !@#$. IMHO, the policies coming forth as of late will have long term bad effects, but short term, it sems like everything hit the crapper a year and a half ago.

I don't know, and I don't see where it's relevent. The party in power leads. The party not in power bitches. The voters become convinced by the party not in power that their lives suck (because it's always easy to convince people that their lives could be better) and vote them into power. Lather, rinse, repeat.

No. Not even close. You have to go all the way back to the 1907-1909 Congress and the days of Teddy Roosevelt.

In more recent decades, they were clearly in the minority up until 1995, with the Democrats averaging 56-44 advantage in the Senate and 260-175 in the House. The Republicans took control of both from 1995-2007, but it was a much thinner majority than the Democrats enjoyed:

1995 52-48 230-204

1997 55-45 226-207

1999 55-45 223-211

2001 49-51 221-212

2003 51-48 221-212

2005 55-44 231-202

Thus the Republicans never had close to a fillibuster-proof majority, and all legislation had to include some democratic crossover to get voted on. Starting in 2007 the Democrats took control - needless to say, we have not seen in our lifetimes what absolute control of the legislation process means.

2007 49-51 199-236

2009 40-60 178-257

So no, it isn't quite business-as-usual in a two party state.

No. Not even close. You have to go all the way back to the 1907-1909 Congress and the days of Teddy Roosevelt.

In more recent decades, they were clearly in the minority up until 1995, with the Democrats averaging 56-44 advantage in the Senate and 260-175 in the House. The Republicans took control of both from 1995-2007, but it was a much thinner majority than the Democrats enjoyed:

1995 52-48 230-204

1997 55-45 226-207

1999 55-45 223-211

2001 49-51 221-212

2003 51-48 221-212

2005 55-44 231-202

Thus the Republicans never had close to a fillibuster-proof majority, and all legislation had to include some democratic crossover to get voted on. Starting in 2007 the Democrats took control - needless to say, we have not seen in our lifetimes what absolute control of the legislation process means.

2007 49-51 199-236

2009 40-60 178-257

Thanks for the info. I was just curious.

The biggest mystery to me in politics is how either John Boehner or Nancy Pelosi continually get elected. They are both useless and ignorant. The people who they represent must be embarrassed by them right? I know I would be. Why do these useless people continue to get elected?

1995 52-48 230-204

1997 55-45 226-207

1999 55-45 223-211

2001 49-51 221-212

2003 51-48 221-212

2005 55-44 231-202

2007 49-51 199-236

2009 40-60 178-257

Given what they did with the power they had, one has to be ecstatic that they didn't get a filibuster proof majority. That would have been catastrophic.

The biggest mystery to me in politics is how either John Boehner or Nancy Pelosi continually get elected. They are both useless and ignorant. The people who they represent must be embarrassed by them right? I know I would be. Why do these useless people continue to get elected?

To a grossly uninformed public, Boehner and Pelosi are the correct choice to most folks because they are recognizable names.

To a grossly uninformed public, Boehner and Pelosi are the correct choice to most folks because they are recognizable names.

That and all politics are local.

Nancy and Boner have been there for decades bringing home the bacon to the hungry sheeple, who are more than happy to send them back for another round at the government buffet table

Seeing Pelosi is my representative (god that just makes me shudder to say that) I have a feeling I'm going to become more involved in politics than I ever had when she runs for re-election. It will be very interesting.