Who was the tool? Bledsoe or Mularkey?

Sorry about pissing in the cornflakes, but as happy as I am about yesterday's win over the Jets I'm still pissed at how the Bills wasted the last 10-15 seconds or thereabouts of the 2nd half when we were on the friggin' Jets 2 yard line and then kicked a field goal. They had plenty of time to run one more play but they just stood there and let all that precious time run out and then kicked the gimmee. Mularkey said when he was leaving the field that they failed to get a play in on time. That was friggin' horrible. Thought we were fugged after that ineptness but fortunately it didn't happen.

Sorry, had to vent. Now back the the post game celebration.

Sorry about pissing in the cornflakes, but as happy as I am about yesterday's win over the Jets I'm still pissed at how the Bills wasted the last 10-15 seconds or thereabouts of the 2nd half when we were on the friggin' Jets 2 yard line and then kicked a field goal. They had plenty of time to run one more play but they just stood there and let all that precious time run out and then kicked the gimmee. Mularkey said when he was leaving the field that they failed to get a play in on time. That was friggin' horrible. Thought we were fugged after that ineptness but fortunately it didn't happen.

107271[/snapback]

I blame MM for that and I was screaming at my TV...just horrible clock mismamagement. Seemed to me that DB kept looking to sideline for a play. I think that blunder is to be laid at the OC/HC's feet.

I think MM had some questionable/bad calls during the game but the bottomline is that they won.

Drew should have pulled a jim kelly and called FU on 2 on 2. TD to moulds on an out. That would have shown leadership. This is just one example on how football has driven me mad over the years. I hate to say it, but back in the day, kelly would have ripped the mic out of his helmet and taken a dump on it at midfield.

107271[/snapback]

There is plenty of blame to go around. First the refs didnt set the clock back when they should have when the drive got the first down and goal. Second, IMO, Burns should have got the ball out of bounds when he had a chance with over a minute to go. Third, IMO, they should have just run the ball without a huddle three times in a row behind Sam Adams with Willis and easily could have in one minute. Fourth, they did have two plays called but they had that run package in with no WRs and I don't have any clue why they couldn't just call a tackle eligible which is without question in that package and at least TRY to score a TD. Most of the blame, IMO, goes to Clements and Mularkey for sticking that package in and then NOT running it down their throats three plays in a row, and by not having a pass called into the endzone if they are not going to run it quickly.

All on the coaching staff. Drew kept looking over his shoulder to the sidelines for a play. Anyone else screaming at the TV ? :(

107275[/snapback]

Ooops! Posted my above before seeing your reply...quit reading my mind! (I know...a short story, indeed). <_<

Drew should have pulled a jim kelly and called FU on 2 on 2.  TD to moulds on an out.  That would have shown leadership.  This is just one example on how football has driven me mad over the years.  I hate to say it, but back in the day, kelly would have ripped the mic out of his helmet and taken a dump on it at midfield.

107286[/snapback]

I may be wrong but I don't think Moulds or any WR was even on the field for the last 50 seconds and maybe the last full minute.

The fans were not happy and the boos rained down. Why did we call a run on the previous play ? Should have tried short passes into the end zone. Incomplete passes stop the clock.

Coaches dropped the ball there. Bledsoe wasn't at fault.

107271[/snapback]

The problem all started with taking the TO in the first place. The Bills had 1:20 to work with and 1st&G on the 2. By taking the TO, you are effectively limiting your options to pass-pass-pass (which they ended up not doing, and you saw the result). 1:20 is more than enough time for 3 plays, plus, the less time you leave the Jets with, the better. So run a play instead of taking a TO...Run or pass (keeps the defense guessing). If you throw and miss, you stop the clock with say a minute left, have a TO, and still can do anything. If you run and miss, you have the clock ticking down from 1:00, and can either run a pass play or call the timeout. Either way, once you're at 2nd down, you're under no time pressure, and have plenty of options in the play calling arena.

I may be wrong but I don't think Moulds or any WR was even on the field for the last 50 seconds and maybe the last full minute.

107289[/snapback]

He wasn't, nor were any others. How the hell do you make a 'D' play honest with no WRs on the field??! Let's put 11 in the box and dare you to throw...to whom????? <_<

Since my kid didn't actually get hit by the car he ran in front of, I'm not going to be upset about his playing in the street...

107308[/snapback]

But when the smell of burnt tires fades, he sure is less likely to do it again.

So far they seem to be making good adjustments at half time, and getting better each week. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

From what MM said, he was surprised they didn't get in on the run, I like the confidence, but they should be ready if it fails.

Drew should have pulled a jim kelly and called FU on 2 on 2.  TD to moulds on an out.  That would have shown leadership.  This is just one example on how football has driven me mad over the years.  I hate to say it, but back in the day, kelly would have ripped the mic out of his helmet and taken a dump on it at midfield.

107286[/snapback]

excellent point. i made the same argument in another thread.

But when the smell of burnt tires fades, he sure is less likely to do it again.

So far they seem to be making good adjustments at half time, and getting better each week. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

From what MM said, he was surprised they didn't get in on the run, I like the confidence, but they should be ready if it fails.

107316[/snapback]

I hope so, Gary. It was a blunder for sure, but at least they didn't take the short bus and screw up their FG opportunity. I actually think Drew made a good decision to realize the screw up and not compound the problem.

I'm a little upset that they don't seem to realize that the timeout should have been saved to begin with. There was no reason to take it with 1:20 left and 2 yards to go. That timout would have been useful in many ways, one of which being that it could have been called in case of a screw up.

All on the coaching staff. Drew kept looking over his shoulder to the sidelines for a play. Anyone else screaming at the TV ? <_<

107275[/snapback]

Come on. He's been in the NFL for how long? He shouldn't need the sideline to come up with a quick play on 3d and goal from the 2. Would Farve, Manning or Brady allow that to happen? NFW.

Drew played a very good game. I can't remember the last time he moved around in the pocket to avoid pressure like that. And the scramble was classic. But he should have been able to handle the clock at the end of the first half.

i thought moulds was split wide... I didn't get to see the game on my tivo box, so i didn't have the opportunity to rewind. If mouilds wasn't in the game, then bledsoe should have called FU on two on two and thrown it to campbell, or hell, run a naked bootleg and spike the ball on everyone who talked bad about him.

Drew played a very good game. I can't remember the last time he moved around in the pocket to avoid pressure like that.

The last time he moved around like that was Vs. the Dolphins, and before that vs. the Jags.