The more that each day passes..............

LIBills

The more each day passes, I seem to get more and more enraged the Dick Jauron is still the head man of this team. I know that this has been beat to death, but we all know he doesn't belong on an NFL sideline.

This reason ALONE has me thinking that this season is going to be a waste when somebody of competence should have been brought in.

Someone please get me fired up for the season and tell me we will win.

Actually, I have the opposite feeling. I was annoyed (but not especially surprised) that they decided to keep him on. However, since that disappointment I have come to grips with it. Note also that for the first time since he's been the Bills' head coach, he is operating under scrutiny from upstairs. The players like him and play hard for him, so maybe that will give them extra incentive to prevent Russ and Ralph from bringing in a hard-ass.

As each day slips through my fingers... I come to grips with the reality that I'm the A-hole in this equation. Owners and players make the money, I spend it. Owners and players reap the rewards, I suffer(9 yrs). How many in the BBills organization really care? 5-6?

Yet here I lurk day in and day out hoping for a shred of positive reassurance. Then Pisa goes to the bears on a one yr deal. (Meanwhile K Ellison is somwhere LA scorin azz.)

But hey thats how the wheel turns.

Prediction: Dicky J goes 10-6, misses the playoffs on a tie-breaker. Keeps his job, Has a "great" off season/draft in 2010. goes 6-10 in 2010. Gets fired. We start over with Romeo bum Crennel who will bring back the 3-4 (10yrs too late). The team goes 5-11 and becomes Canada's problem.

Yet here i lurk

The more each day passes, I seem to get more and more enraged the Dick Jauron is still the head man of this team. I know that this has been beat to death, but we all know he doesn't belong on an NFL sideline.

This reason ALONE has me thinking that this season is going to be a waste when somebody of competence should have been brought in.

No problem. I guarantee you the Bills will win this season under DJ........7 games. After that, you are on your own looking for things to be more positive about. Each of the past three off seasons I have argued in favor of the Bills being improved, and making the playoffs. I have even bashed the media "experts" who have gone way out on a limb and predicted the Bills to finish....drum roll please.....7-9-0. However, no matter how positive I've been, and even after their 5-1-0 start last season, DJ has figured out how to finish 7-9-0. So maybe the "experts" are right. The odds are certainly in thier favor.

Actually, I have the opposite feeling. I was annoyed (but not especially surprised) that they decided to keep him on. However, since that disappointment I have come to grips with it. Note also that for the first time since he's been the Bills' head coach, he is operating under scrutiny from upstairs. The players like him and play hard for him, so maybe that will give them extra incentive to prevent Russ and Ralph from bringing in a hard-ass.

The Bills should not accept mediocrity for a head coach nor should the fans.

You've got big problems if you're "enraged" about anything having to do with a freaking game.

When is your summer vacation over?

Since there isn't a damn thing you, or anyone else here can do about it, do the same thing you've been doing since you became a Bills fan. Support the good guys in scarlet, white and blue, scream your brains out at the TV (or at the game if you're lucky enough to be at The Ralph) and hang in there. The only constant is change.

The Pats went from perennial whipping boys to dominating the NFL. The Bills went from being a pathetic joke to winning the AFC 4 YEARS IN A ROW. If that can be accomplished once, it can be accomplished again. TO may just turn out to be the match that lights the fuse. Maybin may become a frigging Sack Monster. Edwards, TO and Evans may be the next Kelly, Reed and Lofton. Lynch may be the next Thurman Thomas.

I've done my share of bashing the triumvirate and some players and reserve the right to continue to do so. I do it because I care. If the Bills fail to win the superbowl and I'm not bitching about something, it is because I no longer care. But I do. Hope springs eternal.

You dont get laid much do you? Seem to have too much pinned up anger...try getting some arse in the offseason, its much more relaxing then stressing over a freaking HC in June...lmao

Positives on DJ

Continuity of systems, players play hard for him, experienced as a HC (though a losing one).

Negatives on DJ

Continuity of losing, not innovative, not feared by players or opponents, thinks its hard to win in the NFL, not quick on the uptake on gamedays.

Overall, a net negative. But I have decided to give him one more chance to prove me and the whole world wrong about him. It helps make the upcoming season more palatable. Plus the Bills have had 3 good coaches in 50 years (Saban, Knox, and Levy) and the rest had problems or were horrible. The Bills batting percentage on HC's is in the low .200's. OK maybe for a great fielding SS but not for an NFL franchise. This doesn't bode well as a basis for hope the next coach will be better than DJ. Remember, we are not selecting the next HC, the FO is.

Positives on DJ

Continuity of systems, players play hard for him, experienced as a HC (though a losing one).

Negatives on DJ

Continuity of losing, not innovative, not feared by players or opponents, thinks its hard to win in the NFL, not quick on the uptake on gamedays.

Overall, a net negative. But I have decided to give him one more chance to prove me and the whole world wrong about him. It helps make the upcoming season more palatable. Plus the Bills have had 3 good coaches in 50 years (Saban, Knox, and Levy) and the rest had problems or were horrible. The Bills batting percentage on HC's is in the low .200's. OK maybe for a great fielding SS but not for an NFL franchise. This doesn't bode well as a basis for hope the next coach will be better than DJ. Remember, we are not selecting the next HC, the FO is.

but, but, ummmm, it is hard to win in the NFL...isn't that our motto? :cry:

No problem. I guarantee you the Bills will win this season under DJ........7 games. After that, you are on your own looking for things to be more positive about. Each of the past three off seasons I have argued in favor of the Bills being improved, and making the playoffs. I have even bashed the media "experts" who have gone way out on a limb and predicted the Bills to finish....drum roll please.....7-9-0. However, no matter how positive I've been, and even after their 5-1-0 start last season, DJ has figured out how to finish 7-9-0. So maybe the "experts" are right. The odds are certainly in thier favor.

It's funny, each of the last two years I have made the argument that we simply weren't improved enough to make the playoffs. I looked at the roster and saw inexperience or a lack of talent and especially difference makers.

So it was no surprise to me to learn that we weren't very good the past two years. It seemed to me that a team with our lack of a pass rush, inexperienced QB, lack of a second reciver and (before Stroud) soft middle just wasn't likely to be particularly good. I thought that with Belichick as our head coach we might have won one, maybe two more games.

Doesn't mean I am convinced yet that DJ is the guy. But I think that anyone who thought before the season the last three years that we were playoff material has made his own bed.

As each day slips through my fingers... I come to grips with the reality that I'm the A-hole in this equation. Owners and players make the money, I spend it. Owners and players reap the rewards, I suffer(9 yrs). How many in the BBills organization really care? 5-6?

Yet here I lurk day in and day out hoping for a shred of positive reassurance. Then Pisa goes to the bears on a one yr deal. (Meanwhile K Ellison is somwhere LA scorin azz.)

Prediction: Dicky J goes 10-6, misses the playoffs on a tie-breaker. Keeps his job, Has a "great" off season/draft in 2010. goes 6-10 in 2010. Gets fired. We start over with Romeo bum Crennel who will bring back the 3-4 (10yrs too late). The team goes 5-11 and becomes Canada's problem.

Yet here i lurk

oh god the nightmares!

Yet here i lurk

:thumbsup: