Favorite Nam movie

Now I know some of the vets out there will tell me it was unrealistic[God bless you :worthy: ] but the use of lighting and music is phenomenal. "The bird is the word" by Sam the sham and the Pharaoh's after a GI pops a cap on some VC? Geniuses. Stanley Kubrick,to me, is a lot more important than the God MJ seems to have become.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Deerhunter

IMO, it begins and ends with Apocalypse Now. JMO

Now I know some of the vets out there will tell me it was unrealistic[God bless you :worthy: ] but the use of lighting and music is phenomenal. "The bird is the word" by Sam the sham and the Pharaoh's after a GI pops a cap on some VC? Geniuses. Stanley Kubrick,to me, is a lot more important than the God MJ seems to have become.

All great movies. I can't speak for how accurate the 'nam portion of FMJ is, but the boot camp scenes are very realistic.

All great movies. I can't speak for how accurate the 'nam portion of FMJ is, but the boot camp scenes are very realistic.

The bootcamp portion of the movie was really the only good part. If the second half of that movie lived up to the first, it would have been a much bigger hit than it was

Full Metal Jacket, Kubrick was way ahead of his time and one of the greatest directors of all time.

Platoon is also a great movie with an all-star cast, IMO.

I haven't seen Apocalypse Now, but from what I hear it's one of the best.

Full Metal Jacket, Kubrick was way ahead of his time and one of the greatest directors of all time.

Platoon is also a great movie with an all-star cast, IMO.

I haven't seen Apocalypse Now, but from what I hear it's one of the best.

"Full Metal Jacket" how the :worthy: did I miss that one! :cry: great movie. :(

Deerhunter

Platoon

Full metal jacket

Apocolypse now

I'm not a real war movie fanatic, but those would be my picks. I'd also add the Vietnam part of Forrest Gump to the list.