Positive Comments about Jauron

It looks like not everyone in Buffalo is hating on Dick Jauron. Check out this article.... http://www.insidetheralph.com/

oh...and bonus points for the spectacular title. haha.

Really nothing positive from the writers point of view, and other than RW and ML's endorsements really nothing pimping DJ in this article. It was a pretty neutral article IMO. He did mention the "rebuilding" as a possible excuse for DJ mediocrity, but nothing stating he likes him as a HC...

As much as I poke fun at the guy for his "speaking style," I am a big supporter of coach Jauron...at least until the smoke clears on the 2009 season.

The reason of course for the heated debates on his competency is the fact that this subject like several others (Trent Edwards' potential, the value of Jason Peters, the trade of Jason Peters, etc.) is not totally cut and dried. In all of these debates, a fairly compelling argument can be made for either extreme viewpoint and there's plenty of room between the extremes for more moderate opinions. He's probably not as bad a coach as his detractors claim, nor as good a coach as his supporters argue.

As I said before, I'm giving him one more year, with as the author pointed out, the most talented roster he's ever coached.

We will know by week 8 what his future is. There can be no excuses made for him this year.

The definition of stupidity: Doing the same things over and over again while expecting different results.

7-9, 7-9, 7-9,....... My prediction for this team in 2009-2010 (under Jauron) 7-9 :rolleyes:

Guest dog14787
It looks like not everyone in Buffalo is hating on Dick Jauron. Check out this article.... http://www.insidetheralph.com/

oh...and bonus points for the spectacular title. haha.

The Buffalo Bills going into this season in my opinion have more talent then the Bears team DJ went 13-3 with, but our division has got to be the toughest in the NFL especially with the return of Tom Brady. Personally I don't see the same Bear team going 13-3 in our division. Any team that matches up with the AFC East on their schedule has got to be feeling pretty sad about the situation because its almost like getting matched up with a meat grinder.

AFC East is one nasty division to play in so regardless of the talent level, its get really good with all the talent we have or get clobbered and miss the playoffs.

Dick Jauron needs to beat Bill Belichick at least once before I believe there's any hope with him at the helm.

Mangini did it. Herm did it. Al Groh did it. Sparano did it. Saban did it. Jim Bates did it. And even Dave Wannestedt did it. Give Gregg Williams one, too, and even Wade Phillips in 2000.

Of AFC East head coaches since Belichick took over in New England, only Cam Cameron, Mike Mularkey, and Dick Jauron have never defeated the Great Belichick, which given enough tries, even some pretty marginal coaches can pull off. Dick's had six. If he makes it to 0-8 this year, I'm done.

The definition of stupidity: Doing the same things over and over again while expecting different results.

7-9, 7-9, 7-9,....... My prediction for this team in 2009-2010 (under Jauron) 7-9 :doh:

I guess for 4 years under Fisher, the Titans must have been out of their minds.

We will know by week 8 what his future is. There can be no excuses made for him this year.

No excuses? This offensive line may actually be worse than when Touton Reyes and Mike Williams played. There's going to be no holes for Lynch to run thru, and no time for Fitzpatrick to complete a pass after Edwards winds up in traction. That's a legit excuse for me.

No excuses? This offensive line may actually be worse than when Touton Reyes and Mike Williams played. There's going to be no holes for Lynch to run thru, and no time for Fitzpatrick to complete a pass after Edwards winds up in traction. That's a legit excuse for me.

If only Jauron weren't so influential on player personnel, I'd say you had a point.

As much as I poke fun at the guy for his "speaking style," I am a big supporter of coach Jauron...at least until the smoke clears on the 2009 season.

The reason of course for the heated debates on his competency is the fact that this subject like several others (Trent Edwards' potential, the value of Jason Peters, the trade of Jason Peters, etc.) is not totally cut and dried. In all of these debates, a fairly compelling argument can be made for either extreme viewpoint and there's plenty of room between the extremes for more moderate opinions. He's probably not as bad a coach as his detractors claim, nor as good a coach as his supporters argue.As I said before, I'm giving him one more year, with as the author pointed out, the most talented roster he's ever coached.

I think you are his only supporter, and NOONE thinks he is "That good a coach".

Dick Jauron needs to beat Bill Belichick at least once before I believe there's any hope with him at the helm.

Mangini did it. Herm did it. Al Groh did it. Sparano did it. Saban did it. Jim Bates did it. And even Dave Wannestedt did it. Give Gregg Williams one, too, and even Wade Phillips in 2000.

Of AFC East head coaches since Belichick took over in New England, only Cam Cameron, Mike Mularkey, and Dick Jauron have never defeated the Great Belichick, which given enough tries, even some pretty marginal coaches can pull off. Dick's had six. If he makes it to 0-8 this year, I'm done.

AFRIGGENMEN!!! None of it matters until that monkey is off the Bills back.

The reason of course for the heated debates on his competency is the fact that this subject like several others (Trent Edwards' potential, the value of Jason Peters, the trade of Jason Peters, etc.) is not totally cut and dried. In all of these debates, a fairly compelling argument can be made for either extreme viewpoint and there's plenty of room between the extremes for more moderate opinions. He's probably not as bad a coach as his detractors claim, nor as good a coach as his supporters argue.

As I said before, I'm giving him one more year, with as the author pointed out, the most talented roster he's ever coached.

If, and that is one very big if, Jauron can break out of his perennial 7-9 record spanning 8 seasons, then I will support him as well. But until he does, he is a head coach with a losing record 7 out of 8 seasons.

AFRIGGENMEN!!! None of it matters until that monkey is off the Bills back.

There are a lot more monkeys on his back than beating Belichick. There is Sparano and Ryan to get past in the AFC East as well as 10 other teams.

Really nothing positive from the writers point of view, and other than RW and ML's endorsements really nothing pimping DJ in this article. It was a pretty neutral article IMO.

I would consider any "neutral" comment on Jauron's behalf should be counted as positive, even though in this case it isn't.

Jauron = Loser as an HC and DC.

I guess for 4 years under Fisher, the Titans must have been out of their minds.

It's ironic that DJ went to his first SB in his fifth full season as a HC in the NFL. And that Jeff Fisher didn't win the AFC in his fifth season, advance to the SB, and come with mere yards of winning it just like DJ.

The irony!