For all the Madden junkies - Bills player ratings

Ramius

Here they are, courtesy of pastapadre.com. The ratings may change a little bit before the release, but these give a good barometer on what certain players should be rated this year. I'd post a link, but there isn't one, because EA requested pastapadre take the ratings down. (I think ESPN is doing some sort of ratings presentation over the next few days.)

EDIT: link found... http://madden.easportsfans.com/?p=237

Position Name OVR SPD ACC

QB T. Edwards 76

QB R. Fitzpatrick 65

RB M. Lynch 87 87 90

RB F. Jackson 77 87 91

RB D. Rhodes 74 84 87

FB C. McIntyre 70

WR T. Owens 91 89 91

WR L. Evans 85 97 96

WR J. Reed 77 78 82

WR R. Parrish 66 95 96

WR J. Hardy 61 82 84

WR J. Jenkins 61 87 88

TE D. Fine 67 67 78

TE S. Nelson 67 83 87

TE D. Schouman 66 69 78

OL L. Walker 78

OL A. Levitre 76

OL B. Butler 76

OL E. Wood 75

OL G. Hangartner 74

OL S. McKinney 71

OL K. Chambers 71

OL J. Scott 65

OL M. Philip 62

OL D. Bell 52

DL M. Stroud 92

DL A. Schobel 86

DL C. Kelsay 78

DL A. Maybin 78

DL K. Williams 76

DL J. McCargo 70

DL R. Denney 68

DL S. Johnson 67

LB P. Posluszny 82 74 80

LB K. Mitchell 81 78 88

LB J. DiGiorgio 70 63 78

LB K. Ellison 68 78 84

LB J. Corto 62 79 80

LB P. Thomas 58 75 77

LB N. Harris 56 77 84

CB T. McGee 82 92 95

CB L. McKelvin 78 89 93

CB D. Florence 67 83 85

CB C. Harris 66 85 86

CB A. Youboty 62 85 87

CB R. Corner 55 84 88

S D. Whitner 85 88 90

S K. Simpson 73 80 85

S J. Byrd 72 85 92

S G. Wilson 69 79 90

S B. Scott 64 74 79

S J. Wendling 64 80 86

K R. Lindell 79

P B. Moorman 89

You'll have to create Hamdan/S. Johnson. Looks like they took the spread out ratings to heart. Based on looking at the other teams' ratings, they are very scattered, and there's a huge difference in players. I saw a bunch of 50s rated players and even a few players in the 40s. Now we'll just have to see what effect this has on actual gameplay.

Here they are, courtesy of pastapadre.com. The ratings may change a little bit before the release, but these give a good barometer on what certain players should be rated this year. I'd post a link, but there isn't one, because EA requested pastapadre take the ratings down. (I think ESPN is doing some sort of ratings presentation over the next few days.)

QB T. Edwards 76

QB R. Fitzpatrick 65

RB M. Lynch 87 87 90

RB F. Jackson 77 87 91

RB D. Rhodes 74 84 87

FB C. McIntyre 70

WR T. Owens 91 89 91

WR L. Evans 85 97 96

WR J. Reed 77 78 82

WR R. Parrish 66 95 96

WR J. Hardy 61 82 84

WR J. Jenkins 61 87 88

TE D. Fine 67 67 78

TE S. Nelson 67 83 87

TE D. Schouman 66 69 78

OL L. Walker 78

OL A. Levitre 76

OL B. Butler 76

OL E. Wood 75

OL G. Hangartner 74

OL S. McKinney 71

OL K. Chambers 71

OL J. Scott 65

OL M. Philip 62

OL D. Bell 52

DL M. Stroud 92

DL A. Schobel 86

DL C. Kelsay 78

DL A. Maybin 78

DL K. Williams 76

DL J. McCargo 70

DL R. Denney 68

DL S. Johnson 67

LB P. Posluszny 82 74 80

LB K. Mitchell 81 78 88

LB J. DiGiorgio 70 63 78

LB K. Ellison 68 78 84

LB J. Corto 62 79 80

LB P. Thomas 58 75 77

LB N. Harris 56 77 84

CB T. McGee 82 92 95

CB L. McKelvin 78 89 93

CB D. Florence 67 83 85

CB C. Harris 66 85 86

CB A. Youboty 62 85 87

CB R. Corner 55 84 88

S D. Whitner 85 88 90

S K. Simpson 73 80 85

S J. Byrd 72 85 92

S G. Wilson 69 79 90

S B. Scott 64 74 79

S J. Wendling 64 80 86

K R. Lindell 79

P B. Moorman 89

You'll have to create Hamdan/S. Johnson. Looks like they took the spread out ratings to heart. Based on looking at the other teams' ratings, they are very scattered, and there's a huge difference in players. I saw a bunch of 50s rated players and even a few players in the 40s. Now we'll just have to see what effect this has on actual gameplay.

Looks right...all except the corners. I think Florence and Youboty are undervalued. Other than that-all seems legit...especially O-Line. Ugh

There is absolutely NO WAY that McKelvin's speed is 89 compared to the rest of the NFL players. They clocked him running at 21mph on one of his KO return TD's last year. There aren't too many guys who can run that fast. Once again the Madden franchise proves it's mental prowice :thumbsup:

Funny thing is, I only play the game, against the computer, at the All-Madden level. I can pass my way out of any situation, almost any time. I do, however struggle to run in some games. But every year, no matter how average my running game is, I will be damned, if everyone of my starting O-linemen are not named to the Pro-Bowl...

They have the safeties out of wack - Ko (millions) Simpson over Scott? Apparently, they stopped watching in 2007. Not sure how they rated the offensive lineman - after all, Butler was one of our best the last two seasons and Levitre is ahead of him having never played a down in the league.

Anyone know how the Leodis and Roscoe are rated as returners?

Funny thing is, I only play the game, against the computer, at the All-Madden level. I can pass my way out of any situation, almost any time. I do, however struggle to run in some games. But every year, no matter how average my running game is, I will be damned, if everyone of my starting O-linemen are not named to the Pro-Bowl...

I'm with you. I dont bother playing online due to the prevalence of cheaters. I play against the CPU with the sliders all adjusted to fit what i deem a "normal" game. For example, i adjusted them so you can actually average more than 2.5 yards per carry. But, like you buftex, every year all 5 of my OL make it to the pro-bowl as starters. Perhaps the stretched ratings will finally have an impact.

Horrible ratings. Edwards a 76? McKelvin speed 89?

Jesus

You do know they stretched out the ratings, don't you? Gone are the days of everyone being rated over 70. The new madden ratings have 70 as the average. Players in the 70s are basically average starters, 80s are good players, and 90s pretty much reserved for the elite players. I feel that most of the Bills players are rated right where they should be.

Its all crap. Madden has been crap since they monopolized the video game industry with there NFL deal. AS far as the ratings. Most of them have no bearing at all on the statistics of players the prevous year. Where are they getting this crap from I wonder. Some nerdy eyed programmer who is a Dallas fan? The biggest joke last year was Romo had 87 speed lol that is faster that Mckelvin this year. Honestly to give Edward's a 76 is a joke as well IMO he was 10-14th rated passer in the league last year.

I am happy i never have to give EA another Dime cus I modded my XBOX and dl all the games free. FU EA! FU EA! HOW DARE THEY CHARGE 70 dollars every year for BUG fixes and roster updates LOL its a joke really!

GO BILLS!

Horrible ratings. Edwards a 76? McKelvin speed 89?

Jesus

Well I think in this years Madden they are putting more of a full rating system in this years game. If you have a guy in the 70's than he is an average starter. If you are in the early to mid 80's than you are an above average to good starter. If you are in the latter half of the 80's than you are around probowl level. If you are in the 90's than you are a probowl player and one of the best at your position.

So when putting that in prospective the Bills are about right where they should be. The only thing i think is odd is that Wood is a point less than Levitre not that big of a deal just a little odd. I like the way they are doing the rating system its long overdue and has been a problem in all football games for as long as I have been playing them.

I just hope that they don't add a gimmick like they do in almost every game. In 2007 it was the be your own blocker, In 2008 it was the weapon system, and in 2009 it was the Madden IQ thing (which was a good concept but they way it was executed made it into a gimmick). From what I have read I like what they are trying to do with this years Madden. They are removing things that people hate (weapons system optional and Madden IQ) and addressing concerns people have had for a while (more realistic pocket, better injury system, more fluid animations, and other things.)

So I am cautiously optimistic for this years game and will likely buy it if it gets good reviews.

Like stated. They lowered everyones ratings on every team. In previous games, few were below 60, while a ton were above 80. Now there will be players in the 30s - 50s. Average starters in the 70s, good starters in the 80s, and only pro-bowl players in the 90s.

man...everyone is pretty irratated with these rankings....they are pretty much right. The bills are an average team

drizz....Edwards 76....has he done anything to state he should be higher? homer statement

Taking a look at all the other QB's in the league I think that Edwards is rated about right. But the fact that Mark Sanchez is a 78 without taking a snap is really stupid. Edwards has 21 starts with a high completion percentage under his belt. All Sanchez has is his draft status and his one year at college. Stafford is also a 79 which is way too high in my book as well.

If you had to put your life on the line in a football game and you had to choose between either the having Trent Edwards, Matt Stafford, or Mark Sanchez as your starting QB who would you choose? Not saying Edwards should be higher but that those guys should be a few points lower.

Also the Vikings and 49er's have the worst QB's in the league being rated at 69.

Taking a look at all the other QB's in the league I think that Edwards is rated about right. But the fact that Mark Sanchez is a 78 without taking a snap is really stupid. Edwards has 21 starts with a high completion percentage under his belt. All Sanchez has is his draft status and his one year at college. Stafford is also a 79 which is way too high in my book as well.

If you had to put your life on the line in a football game and you had to choose between either the having Trent Edwards, Matt Stafford, or Mark Sanchez as your starting QB who would you choose? Not saying Edwards should be higher but that those guys should be a few points lower.

Also the Vikings and 49er's have the worst QB's in the league being rated at 69.

Rookies tend to be overated by Madden. They always have. I think Edwards' rating is pretty accurate. Look at his surroundings. There are 10-12 QBs solidly above him (the likes of manning, rivers, brees, etc), and a half dozen of so below him (the 49ers, broncos, browns starters). Edwards falls in the middle category with the likes of garrard, campbell, flacco, etc. All of those are guys that are still more potential than substance.

If anyone on the bills really got a low rating, it'd have to be McGee. He should be in the high 80s as opposed to low 80s.

Rookies tend to be overated by Madden. They always have. I think Edwards' rating is pretty accurate. Look at his surroundings. There are 10-12 QBs solidly above him (the likes of manning, rivers, brees, etc), and a half dozen of so below him (the 49ers, broncos, browns starters). Edwards falls in the middle category with the likes of garrard, campbell, flacco, etc. All of those are guys that are still more potential than substance.

If anyone on the bills really got a low rating, it'd have to be McGee. He should be in the high 80s as opposed to low 80s.

I don't mind overrating rookies that much due to the fact that they can step in and play well more so in football than any other sport. But rookie QB's shouldn't be as high as they usually are. I do think McGee should be a few points higher but not quite in the high 80's level. Also think that they have the free agents rated a little too high.

You do know they stretched out the ratings, don't you? Gone are the days of everyone being rated over 70. The new madden ratings have 70 as the average. Players in the 70s are basically average starters, 80s are good players, and 90s pretty much reserved for the elite players. I feel that most of the Bills players are rated right where they should be.

True, but Lee's speed is 97 and (i think) McKelvin is faster...I think i read somewhere lat year that he is the new fastest on the team...

QB T. Edwards 76

QB R. Fitzpatrick 65

RB M. Lynch 87 87 90

RB F. Jackson 77 87 91

RB D. Rhodes 74 84 87

FB C. McIntyre 70

WR T. Owens 91 89 91

WR L. Evans 85 97 96

WR J. Reed 77 78 82

WR R. Parrish 66 95 96

WR J. Hardy 61 82 84

WR J. Jenkins 61 87 88

TE D. Fine 67 67 78

TE S. Nelson 67 83 87

TE D. Schouman 66 69 78

OL L. Walker 78

OL A. Levitre 76

OL B. Butler 76

OL E. Wood 75

OL G. Hangartner 74

OL S. McKinney 71

OL K. Chambers 71

OL J. Scott 65

OL M. Philip 62

OL D. Bell 52

DL M. Stroud 92

DL A. Schobel 86

DL C. Kelsay 78

DL A. Maybin 78

DL K. Williams 76

DL J. McCargo 70

DL R. Denney 68

DL S. Johnson 67

LB P. Posluszny 82 74 80

LB K. Mitchell 81 78 88

LB J. DiGiorgio 70 63 78

LB K. Ellison 68 78 84

LB J. Corto 62 79 80

LB P. Thomas 58 75 77

LB N. Harris 56 77 84

CB T. McGee 82 92 95

CB L. McKelvin 78 89 93

CB D. Florence 67 83 85

CB C. Harris 66 85 86

CB A. Youboty 62 85 87

CB R. Corner 55 84 88

S D. Whitner 85 88 90

S K. Simpson 73 80 85

S J. Byrd 72 85 92

S G. Wilson 69 79 90

S B. Scott 64 74 79

S J. Wendling 64 80 86

K R. Lindell 79

P B. Moorman 89

Our DL ratings are higher than our secondary ratings.Say no more.