Fantasy Nerds

QB: Brees, Brady, Rivers

RB: Peterson, Westbrook (if healthy), Turner

WR: Moss, Andre Johnson, Wayne

TE: Gonzales, Gates, Shockey (if healthy)

Guy I would take if I owned the first pick? Adrian Peterson without question.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB: Brees, Brady, Rivers

RB: Peterson, Westbrook (if healthy), Turner

WR: Moss, Andre Johnson, Wayne

TE: Gonzales, Gates, Shockey (if healthy)

Guy I would take if I owned the first pick? Adrian Peterson without question.

Every year I kick myself for not taking Westbrook b/c even though he's always hurt, he ends up killing it...

I'm guessing it will be the same this year!

How do you feel about P. Manning?

good post... but you have to ask yourself this, if you're drafting #1 (assuming its a ladder draft) that means that your next pick is at the end of the 2nd round, so are you confident that the player you really want is going to last that long?

that said, I'd take Peterson over MJD.

where does Ronnie Brown fall to this year?

I think Brown comes in as a late 2nd/early 3rd rd choice, myself.. the rest of the league will be ready for their gimmicky offense, and they're playing a 1st place schedule.

I like Peterson #1 overall, myself.. although, in my league we each get to keep one player from the previous season, and play a 2 QB system.. so QB's go fast a furious. I'll be keeping Romo this season, and probably going after another QB real early..

Why? You could probably get MJD later in the second round. Just because you think a player will be the #1 producer doesn't mean you should take him #1.

Sage:

You are seriously underestimating Maurice Jones Drew- as there is no way he will last to the second round pick in fantasy football drafts this year. With Fred Taylor no longer in the picture I expect him to put up elite numbers.

He can run inside, outside, catch passes, return, is durable, and is a top notch goal line runner on a run first team.

I will be targeting Jones-Drew in all my drafts this year and would only take Adrian Peterson over him.

Why? You could probably get MJD later in the second round. Just because you think a player will be the #1 producer doesn't mean you should take him #1.

MJD is a top 5 pick this year, no questions about it. He's top 3 if it is a PPR league.

Who else is taking carries away from him this year? They have a great defense which means that they are probably going to run the ball more. He is coming off a 14 TD season, has a career 4.8 YPA, and had 62 catches last year. Oh, and his O-Line got completely decimated by injuries and he himself was injured last year with a high ankle sprain yet still averaged 4.2 YPA.

I'll take MJD over any other RB next year except maybe AD.

I think he will be a #1 producer and I would take him #1 overall. You're starting to sound like the people on this board come draft time with their arguments about reaching for a player who the Bills could've drafted 10 spots later. If you like someone, take him. No questions asked.

Sage:

You are seriously underestimating Maurice Jones Drew- as there is no way he will last to the second round pick in fantasy football drafts this year. With Fred Taylor no longer in the picture I expect him to put up elite numbers.

He can run inside, outside, catch passes, return, is durable, and is a top notch goal line runner on a run first team.

I will be targeting Jones-Drew in all my drafts this year and would only take Adrian Peterson over him.

Glad someone else gets it.

Sage:

I think MJD is a huge breakthrough pick this year. Now that Fred Taylor's gone, he's going to tear it up. I just hope they don't make Greg Jones their goal line back. MJD is too good to sit down.

My impromptu Top Ten:

1. A. Peterson

2. F. Gore

3. M. Turner

4. S. Jackson

5. M. Forte

6. T. Brady

7. S. Slaton

8. P. Manning

9. L. Fitzgerald

10. M. Jones-Drew

Here's an early top ten average draft:

1 Adrian Peterson RB MIN

2 Maurice Jones-Drew RB JAX

3 Matt Forte RB CHI

4 Steven Jackson RB STL

5 Chris Johnson RB TEN

6 Michael Turner RB ATL

7 Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI

8 Calvin Johnson WR DET

9 Andre Johnson WR HOU

10 Frank Gore RB SF

Obviously, QB's don't count for many points in their draft.

QB: Drew Brees, Tom Brady

WR: Moss, Welker

RB: Peterson, Turner

probably Brady or Peterson

At WR, Welker is not #2...Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald are ahead of him...probably even Boldin and Calvin Johnson. Welker would be 5 on my list (only because we give a point per reception, otherwise he falls a lil more)

AP hands down especially if they get Farve. Why? Because AP does very well in Fantasy football with crappy QB's. Farve at 40 years of age is better than Tavaras Jackson and Sage RosenFels combined hands down.

Last year i was in a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Kicker, 1 Defense Starter League. It was pretty fun i did it with some guys at work. I came in 2nd overall and won 300 bucks.

I picked 3rd last year overall. Everyone but one person went RB in the first round last year. That person picked Brady LOL.

Anyway, in this type of league you need 2 solid RB's. If you don't you will be in trouble. I had Westbrook and Thomas Jones last year. They did very well for me. I wouldn't pick them again this year however, Westbrook is hurt and Thomas Jones lost Farve for a Rookie QB.

It really depends on where you pick in the draft but i think AP, Forte, and Turner will be top 3 picks in alot of leagues.

Who else is taking carries away from him this year? They have a great defense which means that they are probably going to run the ball more. He is coming off a 14 TD season, has a career 4.8 YPA, and had 62 catches last year. Oh, and his O-Line got completely decimated by injuries and he himself was injured last year with a high ankle sprain yet still averaged 4.2 YPA.

Jacksonvilles great defense? Ranked 17th in the NFL last year and sent Greggo packing for New Orleans.....

I think MJD is a huge breakthrough pick this year. Now that Fred Taylor's gone, he's going to tear it up. I just hope they don't make Greg Jones their goal line back. MJD is too good to sit down.

MJD should bust out this year but I like going with tested and true first.

I don't get the love everybody has for Brady as a FF QB. He's a top 25 pick but I'd take Manning, Brees, McNabb and Warner ahead of him. My reasoning is that it's obvious from the SB that if a team can get to him he gets rattled. Since he was injured last year he may be even more gun shy. IMO, he's far from a sure bet. Put him down the list and somebody will probably pick him up before you and then you can get a better QB.

RB's are a huge ? this year. I can't believe that in all the stuff I've read and people I've talked to that Chris Johnson is getting overlooked so much. I'd put him in the top five RB's. He had 1,488 combined yards last year with a 4.9 yard avg. and he only carried the ball 251 times. :thumbsup: I think he'll do just as well if not better this year. I'm sure the TT have a whole lot of new plays to get this kid the ball more.

I'd go Michael Turner (less injury risk than AP), AP,CJ, Clinton Portis and MJD.

For the WR's I'd go Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings.

My sleeper picks are; Fred Jackson if you can get him late he's good for the first three games. Darren McFadden because the Faders are going to take the chains off and ride him hard, IMO. Steve Slaton, Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, and Felix Jones too.

The guys I think are falling a lot are; LT, DeAngelo Williams, Willie Parker and Marion Barber. JMO

Also, I believe that the fifth pick in the draft is the best one in a snaking draft of 10 teams. If you get the first pick trade it for the 5th pick throughout the draft and the fifth players 2nd rounder. If you can get him to take that trade you'll make out like a bandit. JMO

MJD should bust out this year but I like going with tested and true first.

I don't get the love everybody has for Brady as a FF QB. He's a top 25 pick but I'd take Manning, Brees, McNabb and Warner ahead of him. My reasoning is that it's obvious from the SB that if a team can get to him he gets rattled. Since he was injured last year he may be even more gun shy. IMO, he's far from a sure bet. Put him down the list and somebody will probably pick him up before you and then you can get a better QB.

RB's are a huge ? this year. I can't believe that in all the stuff I've read and people I've talked to that Chris Johnson is getting overlooked so much. I'd put him in the top five RB's. He had 1,488 combined yards last year with a 4.9 yard avg. and he only carried the ball 251 times. :thumbsup: I think he'll do just as well if not better this year. I'm sure the TT have a whole lot of new plays to get this kid the ball more.

I'd go Michael Turner (less injury risk than AP), AP,CJ, Clinton Portis and MJD.

For the WR's I'd go Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings.

My sleeper picks are; Fred Jackson if you can get him late he's good for the first three games. Darren McFadden because the Faders are going to take the chains off and ride him hard, IMO. Steve Slaton, Matt Forte, Brandon Jacobs, and Felix Jones too.

The guys I think are falling a lot are; LT, DeAngelo Williams, Willie Parker and Marion Barber. JMO

Also, I believe that the fifth pick in the draft is the best one in a snaking draft of 10 teams. If you get the first pick trade it for the 5th pick throughout the draft and the fifth players 2nd rounder. If you can get him to take that trade you'll make out like a bandit. JMO

I don't see Williams, Parker, and Barber falling much at all, IMO. They are still top tier guys in FF. Barber had the foot injury, but is still a beast. The guy I faced in the final had DeAngelo Williams who carried him. They won't last past the 2nd or 3rd (Parker only possible of lasting to the 3rd) at the latest in every league I'm in. If anything, I think Williams and Barber may be on the rise. People talk about Barber's running style and he won't make it long, but he just turned 26. I think he's got 4 good years left barring injury, plus he's one of the best short-yardage/goal-line RB's in the game which basically locks him for most of the rushing TD's.

I get the "draft for value" thingy, but NO WAY does MJD make it to the 2nd round in ANY fantasy league.

Unless it's a 4 team league.

I don't see Williams, Parker, and Barber falling much at all, IMO. They are still top tier guys in FF. Barber had the foot injury, but is still a beast. The guy I faced in the final had DeAngelo Williams who carried him. They won't last past the 2nd or 3rd (Parker only possible of lasting to the 3rd) at the latest in every league I'm in. If anything, I think Williams and Barber may be on the rise. People talk about Barber's running style and he won't make it long, but he just turned 26. I think he's got 4 good years left barring injury, plus he's one of the best short-yardage/goal-line RB's in the game which basically locks him for most of the rushing TD's.

My reasoning is thus; Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall and Felix Jones. I see those three guys cutting into the carries of Barber, Parker and Williams. I don't think those guys will put up the numbers they used to due to splitting carries. I may be wrong but that's my opinion.

I hate hate hate the #2 spot this year. I'm hoping I don't come up with it. Peterson is number one, no doubt about it, and then...then I have no freaking idea.

I am, however, glad that I'm heading into this year with Matt Forte in my keeper slot.

I would go with Brees...last year I managed to have Brees, Cutler & Warner on my team...I was offered many trades for one of my QBs...I finished 2nd place last year...Evans killed me in the championship game... :thumbsup:

Top notch QBs are harder to find...Each year there is always a surprise RB or WR that will be a steal or can be found as an FA after a week or 2.

Brady I simply cannot do...I refuse to have a Dolphin or a Pat* on my team...just like I can't have a Red Sux on my Baseball team...