Attn: soccer fans (just wait 'til next year!)

Cugalabanza

I was able to watch the second half...And then switched back and forth with the Italy--Brazil match.

Advancing is great, but playing Spain will be a 'challenge'.....

When Heyduk (sp?) , Ching , Bocanegra get healthy and the US adds the kid from Germany

to the squad, I think their level of competiveness will be much higher.

Still gotta get rid of those effen horns though. Mrs. Lew asked "What's wrong with the sound (of the TV)?"

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the first half because I had something to do for Father's day. When I was going to go home and watch the second half, it was already 3-0. This team will not compete come 2010.

OF course they will compete in 2010...All they have to do is make sure Beasly NEVER plays for them ever again

I was talking about Italy.

I was surprised how bad you guys looked against Brazil....Buffon was getting pissed back there.

I was surprised how bad you guys looked against Brazil....Buffon was getting pissed back there.

It's terrible. This is why they play so defensively, because they know that opening up the attack at this point will get them drilled. And that's what they did and got wrecked for it.

Also relying on the old slow players of 2006 won't help.

I was a weird kid. I wanted to be like Branko (Segota, of the Rochester Lancers).

Anyway, I don't mind if soccer remains a second tier sport here. I kind of like the underdog role. If the U.S. wins a WC in my lifetime, it's gonna be amazing. I remember the 1980 Olympic hockey team. I want to experience that feeling again.

Be like Kaka:

http://kaka.soccerstar.org/

And increment your thread title to 9.

I don't know if you guys saw this or not, but apparently ESPN has secured the rights to the EPL broadcasts in the UK. This is pretty awesome news! I love how soccer-friendly ESPN has become over the past several years, and this is another step in the right direction. I'm not sure if this means we'll be able to see EPL matches here yet, cause I think it was just for the UK version of ESPN....but I think the more soccer programming the network provides, the better. I would love to see them have a half hour World Soccer news show on ESPN, much like they have NFL Live.

Anyway, I hope the US can put forth a solid showing today against Spain....I'm skeptical, but hopeful!

U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!!!

I don't know if you guys saw this or not, but apparently ESPN has secured the rights to the EPL broadcasts in the UK. This is pretty awesome news! I love how soccer-friendly ESPN has become over the past several years, and this is another step in the right direction. I'm not sure if this means we'll be able to see EPL matches here yet, cause I think it was just for the UK version of ESPN....but I think the more soccer programming the network provides, the better. I would love to see them have a half hour World Soccer news show on ESPN, much like they have NFL Live.

Anyway, I hope the US can put forth a solid showing today against Spain....I'm skeptical, but hopeful!

U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!!!

It definitely is a good thing that ESPN is becoming more "soccer-friendly", I also heard that ESPN has secured the rights for the "La Liga" matches as well, and I believe they will be broadcasting all the games on ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN 360. So this is definitely a step in the right direction, the more it is viewed here in the US, the more kids will aspire to play futbol.

In regards to today's match, It will be a tough one, Spain has won 15 consecutive matches I believe, which is a record, and they are just lighting it up. My guess is that they will win 3-1.

It definitely is a good thing that ESPN is becoming more "soccer-friendly", I also heard that ESPN has secured the rights for the "La Liga" matches as well, and I believe they will be broadcasting all the games on ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN 360. So this is definitely a step in the right direction, the more it is viewed here in the US, the more kids will aspire to play futbol.

In regards to today's match, It will be a tough one, Spain has won 15 consecutive matches I believe, which is a record, and they are just lighting it up. My guess is that they will win 3-1.

I completely agree...our kids who are playing soccer (as so many of us did when we were kids) need to be exposed to the best players in the world. When I was growing up, I had the benefit of learning from Kurt Kuykendall who was active in the NASL. He played with Pele and a few other notables at the time, and this was a huge deal to me. It's great that we have the MLS, but people in this country should see how the game is played at the highest level, cause I think it will do wonders. I think most of us agree that soccer will always be a second-tier sport in this country, and we're cool with that....just hoping it continues to grow to where we can enjoy as much or more than we do currently.

Chim chiminey,

Chim chiminey,

Chim chim cher-oo,

We've got Tim Howard,

And he says "!@#$ you".

The best soccer cheer for a guy with Tourette's.

WTF is that incessant buzzing I'm hearing in the stadium???

PTR