Attn: soccer fans (just wait 'til next year!)

Cugalabanza

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was avoiding this thread until I could sit down and watch the game....I'm 25 min into it and am about to turn it off. This is absolutely ridiculous. Complete lack of coordination, no effort on D whatsoever, no offensive presence....what the fug is the point of showing up?

Watching the halftime show, it's good to hear Lalas saying some of the things that have been bothering me for a while....this team is lacking in the execution of BASIC SKILLS. It's absolutely infuriating! I won't even use Brazil and Italy as the example...how about friggin Costa Rica? Watch that team and you get a sense that their passing has a purpose. They are using their brains as they set-up an attack, and they exhibit basic soccer skills that should be a given with any player at this level. We're getting outplayed so badly on an individual basis that all they're doing is kicking the ball anywhere it'll go, with no forethought or specified direction. How did we get here??

I can't watch the second half....just can't do it.

Watching the halftime show, it's good to hear Lalas saying some of the things that have been bothering me for a while....this team is lacking in the execution of BASIC SKILLS. It's absolutely infuriating! I won't even use Brazil and Italy as the example...how about friggin Costa Rica? Watch that team and you get a sense that their passing has a purpose. They are using their brains as they set-up an attack, and they exhibit basic soccer skills that should be a given with any player at this level. We're getting outplayed so badly on an individual basis that all they're doing is kicking the ball anywhere it'll go, with no forethought or specified direction. How did we get here??

I can't watch the second half....just can't do it.

Let's go for a little romp in the hay then. :thumbsup::beer:

OK Lana,,,quit hijacking the thread,,,LOL

Back to soccer....US has to beat Egypt by three goals

and the Brazillians have to beat Italy by 4 or something

like that for the US to advance. (yeah right )

Question...Will the referee award the US 3 penalty kicks, so

LD can score three ???

Maybe the US team will play the whole match with 11 players.

That would be a change....

those effen horns have to be addressed before WC 2010.

Question...Will the referee award the US 3 penalty kicks, so

LD can score three ???

lol, too funny....how pathetic that that's the only way we can score anymore. Hell, our set pieces have become more an opportunity for the OTHER team to score than they are for us :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm quite impressed with Lana's aggressive play. She has good vision and instincts moving forward. Excellent ball skills and she is not afraid to score.

:doh:

With Egypt's victory over Italy, the US still has a mathematical

chance of advancing.

Those damn horns HAVE to go....effen obnoxious

Wow....well, okay....this team is weird lol.

If they play well against Spain, and I mean REALLY well, then I'll feel much better about this team than I did until about 2:30 this afternoon. :lol:

unfreakinbelievable!!

Donovan and Bradley played extremely well.

Who'd a thunk it, we qualified for the next round.

:lol:

Now if they can just have a statement game against Spain on Wed....this tourney will be viewed entirely differently. If not, then advancing in the tourney won't mean sheeat. I don't expect them to beat Spain, but I expect them to compete.

I can't believe I missed this game. I meant to record it, but forgot. Figures. I suffer through all the heartbreak but miss the one great moment. D'oh! Maybe they'll pull off another miracle against Spain. :lol:

I missed the first half because I had something to do for Father's day. When I was going to go home and watch the second half, it was already 3-0. This team will not compete come 2010.