Poz

from ESPN insiders:

Paul Posluszny, LB, Buffalo Bills

Another middle linebacker, Posluszny would likely already be one of the AFC East's Ultimate Building Blocks had he not fractured his forearm three games into the 2007 season. In what effectively served as his rookie year in 2008, Posluszny showed signs of becoming an excellent middle linebacker. He made 14.7 percent of his team's plays on the ground, eighth among 4-3 middle linebackers; furthermore, he made tackles in important places. He had a stop rate of 54 percent, meaning that 63 of his 116 plays prevented the opposition from achieving a "successful" outcome on the play (defined here as gaining 40 percent of the needed yardage for a first down on first down, 60 percent on second down, or 100 percent on third or fourth down); that figure was sixth among 4-3 middle linebackers.

He has still some work to go as a pass defender and as a pass-rusher, but the Bills count on him primarily to be an elite run-stopper at linebacker. If he's not quite there yet, he very well may be after this season.

from ESPN insiders:

Another middle linebacker, Posluszny would likely already be one of the AFC East's Ultimate Building Blocks had he not fractured his forearm three games into the 2007 season. In what effectively served as his rookie year in 2008, Posluszny showed signs of becoming an excellent middle linebacker. He made 14.7 percent of his team's plays on the ground, eighth among 4-3 middle linebackers; furthermore, he made tackles in important places. He had a stop rate of 54 percent, meaning that 63 of his 116 plays prevented the opposition from achieving a "successful" outcome on the play (defined here as gaining 40 percent of the needed yardage for a first down on first down, 60 percent on second down, or 100 percent on third or fourth down); that figure was sixth among 4-3 middle linebackers.

He has still some work to go as a pass defender and as a pass-rusher, but the Bills count on him primarily to be an elite run-stopper at linebacker. If he's not quite there yet, he very well may be after this season.

Agreed 100%. People have unreal expectations for Poz. He was a 2nd round pick who was essentially a rookie. Yet, people seemed to complain because he wasn't a pro bowler in his 1st season. There's no doubt Stroud was huge part of our defense improving 14 spots but so was Poz. I look for a big year out of Poz this season.

I like him, he impressed me in 07, it was a shame he got cracked up. 08 was an ok year for him, I will tell you, he sure has sold a lot of Bills Jerseys, prob because of his name... (yeah I have one (a jersey as well)).

Im not worried about our LB crew anyways, they seem decent, its the front line that worries me.

Poz needs to put his massive head into his plays more.

B.

Count me in as one of those who had unreal expectations for Poz in 08. I thought we were getting the next Urlacher, a guy who would make a bunch of big plays and a slew of little ones. I was dissappointed in his season. He just did not big game changing plays or big hits. I wanted Ray Lewis. I got London Fletcher, you know, the one past his prime. I'm hoping for more in 09. This team NEEDS more in 09. Stuff the run Poz.

from ESPN insiders:

Poz is the least of the Bills worries on defense and will be here for at least five more years. Maybin, Whitner, Byrd, and Mckelvin (as well as possibly Kyle Williams) should join Poz at being the building blocks of the defense for the foreseeable future. Poz will take a step up this year and be one of the better middle linebackers in the league at stuffing the run. I just hope that he can develop at least average pass coverage skills.

I really hope that McCargo can at least become a useful player and at least live up to some of his potential. If McCargo can join those guys as a good young player than the Bills will have 5 to 7 starters that are locked in for the next four years. I just hope that if McGee leaves they don't spend yet another first on a Corner. Get me a front seven player either a DT or an OLB it would just be getting like the Detroit Lions when they couldn't stop loading up on WRs

Simply Put we will have a top ten MLB soon with Poz. He has got a full year under his belt and hopefully hone his skills even more with another full offseason under his belt.

Count me in as one of those who had unreal expectations for Poz in 08. I thought we were getting the next Urlacher, a guy who would make a bunch of big plays and a slew of little ones. I was dissappointed in his season. He just did not big game changing plays or big hits. I wanted Ray Lewis. I got London Fletcher, you know, the one past his prime. I'm hoping for more in 09. This team NEEDS more in 09. Stuff the run Poz.

Brian Urlacher - 2000 1st round, 9th overall

Ray Lewis - 1996 1st round, 26th overall

Patrick Willis - 2007 1st round, 11th overall

London Fletcher - 1998 - undrafted free agent

Poz - 2007 - 2nd round, 34th overall

If Poz can be an exceptional 2nd tier middle linebacker as Flethcher is, I'm fine with it. It's not like the guy was picked 4th overall and ate himself outta the league.