Chastity Bono To Be Chaz Bono - After Sex Change!

Steely Dan

Linkage :rolleyes:

(CNN) -- Chastity Bono, gay-rights activist and child of performer Cher and the late entertainer and politician Sonny Bono, is in the early stages of transitioning from a female to a male and will be known as Chaz, his spokesman said Thursday.

"Chaz, after many years of consideration, has made the courageous decision to honor his true identity," Howard Bragman said in a written statement.

"He is proud of his decision and grateful for the support and respect that has already been shown by his loved ones. It is Chaz's hope that his choice to transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue, just as his 'coming out' did nearly 20 years ago."

I guess Bono can get a boner now.

Here's what I don't understand about transgenders...the entire argument behind the tolerance of homosexuality in our society is "I was born this way. There's nothing I can do about it. Why would you want me to be untrue to the way I was born?"

By the way, I agree wholeheartedly with the above.

And yet, when certain homosexuals decide to become transgender, aren't they being hypocrites? Aren't they trying to deny the way they were born?

Here's what I don't understand about transgenders...the entire argument behind the tolerance of homosexuality in our society is "I was born this way. There's nothing I can do about it. Why would you want me to be untrue to the way I was born?"

By the way, I agree wholeheartedly with the above.

And yet, when certain homosexuals decide to become transgender, aren't they being hypocrites? Aren't they trying to deny the way they were born?

I can't comment on that. Supposedly one can be born of one gender yet know deep down you are the other.

I do know a young woman, a friend of my kid, who is living life as a boy now. (Not surgically but everything up to that point.) She insists that she feels better as a boy. But I've known her for years and she was all girl growing up. So what's changed?

Franly I think in her case she is tryng to run away from herself. Her parents are a couple of douchenozzles that always made her feel like she wasn't good enough (even tough she was a straight-A student.) I think this whole being-a-boy thing is her attempt to erase her "inadequate" self. I'd love to have a talk with her but her friends say she is pretty determined to do this. Such a shame. I hope she doesn't do anything drastic.

PTR

She insists that she feels better as a boy. But I've known her for years and she was all girl growing up. So what's changed?

I am surely gonna catch flak for this... So be it! :rolleyes:

I will tell you what changed. Society's tolerance towards non-standard lifestyles. Good or bad, see it they way you want to... I know how I see it.

Why are you classifying a whole group of people as hypocrites? If you had an unfortunate incident, you had an unfortunate incident. Big deal. Get over it. Yes, someone fooled you, but that does not make a whole group of people into hypocrites.