Ravens could dump Willis McGahee

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#627

Willis McGahee might be the Ravens' biggest bust acquisition in team history, as he signed a seven-year, $40 million contract in March 2007 after the Ravens had traded three draft picks to the Buffalo Bills for him. If the Ravens could, I think they would fast-forward his exit right out of Baltimore. -- Baltimore Sun

:(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proof other teams front offices do dumb things. It's not just us.

PTR

Every front office makes mistakes. It's the amount of mistakes that contribute to perpetual ineptitude, and the Ravens are usually pretty good. Their GM, HOF TE Ozzie Newsome is renowned for his ability to find talent although trading for McGahee was not his best move.

That said, I'd still rate the Ravens front office as one of the better ones in the league. Considering they went deep into the AFC playoffs with a rookie HC and rookie QB, they must be doing enough right.

Every front office makes mistakes. It's the amount of mistakes that contribute to perpetual ineptitude, and the Ravens are usually pretty good. Their GM, HOF TE Ozzie Newsome is renowned for his ability to find talent although trading for McGahee was not his best move.

That said, I'd still rate the Ravens front office as one of the better ones in the league. Considering they went deep into the AFC playoffs with a rookie HC and rookie QB, they must be doing enough right.

I'll bet you'd have a hard time making that case on the Ravens board. 3 picks for McDoofus looks pretty dumb.

PTR

PTR

Sure, but the Ravens office gets away with it because their team sometimes goes to the playoffs. They earn their mistakes.

perfect timing, since people are calling to cut Lynch.

i think McGahee would be a great pickup for this team. he's supposedly one of the top backs in the league, just ask him.

And he loves Buffalo.

PTR

I'll bet you'd have a hard time making that case on the Ravens board. 3 picks for McDoofus looks pretty dumb.

PTR

Really? I'm pretty sure they're the best drafting team, a top-five defense every year, and they have a Super Bowl. McLameknee was a bust, but he didn't hurt them, they still won games.

PTR

Their 2008 playoff appearance suggests that they overcame the McGahee deal quite well, wouldn't you think?

And as long as you're ripping Newsome, why not talk about his better moves in drafting: Ray Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, Peter Boulware, Chris McAlister, Jamal Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Todd Heap, Jamal Lewis, Ed Reed, Chester Taylor, Terrell Suggs, and Haloti Ngata.

Newsome isn't perfect, but when it comes to building a football team, he's pretty darn good.

PTR

or its another win for Brandon....over a great GM in newsome no less.

Spikes and holcomb for draft pick - W for brandon

Willis for Draft Pick - W

using those on stroud - W

peters - ??

clearly he has been solid with NFL talent but he still has shown nothing in drafting. now either thats a sign John Guy does a good job scouting pro players or its a sign no one can evaluate college talent well.

or its another win for Brandon....over a great GM in newsome no less.

Spikes and holcomb for draft pick - W for brandon

Willis for Draft Pick - W

using those on stroud - W

peters - ??

clearly he has been solid with NFL talent but he still has shown nothing in drafting. now either thats a sign John Guy does a good job scouting pro players or its a sign no one can evaluate college talent well.

Win for Brandon? Marv was still here when McGahee was traded in 2007.

Ah, memories ...

Their 2008 playoff appearance suggests that they overcame the McGahee deal quite well, wouldn't you think?

And as long as you're ripping Newsome, why not talk about his better moves in drafting: Ray Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, Peter Boulware, Chris McAlister, Jamal Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Todd Heap, Jamal Lewis, Ed Reed, Chester Taylor, Terrell Suggs, and Haloti Ngata.

Newsome isn't perfect, but when it comes to building a football team, he's pretty darn good.

Not to mention he also added Ray Rice and Le'Ron McClain while they had McGayhe, so he knew there had to be quality behind him, and they were the ones who were a majority of the running game that got them to the playoffs not Willis, so 2 for 3 is not that bad, minus the amount of money they waisted.

Makes our front office look like they knew what they were doing for a day.

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#627

Willis McGahee might be the Ravens' biggest bust acquisition in team history, as he signed a seven-year, $40 million contract in March 2007 after the Ravens had traded three draft picks to the Buffalo Bills for him. If the Ravens could, I think they would fast-forward his exit right out of Baltimore. -- Baltimore Sun

:censored:

Maybe by trade, but it's hard to beat Elvis Grbac. :lol:

PTR

Calm down mr negative...he made alot of good points. The Ravens front office is far superior to ours. We have a marketing guy and a scenile old man running the show. We havent sniffed the playoffs in 9 years, and this year will be the 10th. I would put some serious coin on it. Sorry, but did anyone think that when the weather turns bad you may need a tough, hardnosed rust belt style QB. Instead we get yet another Cali QB! Everyone sit back and watch trent falter in late november. Get your popcorn ready.

Not to mention he also added Ray Rice and Le'Ron McClain while they had McGayhe, so he knew there had to be quality behind him, and they were the ones who were a majority of the running game that got them to the playoffs not Willis, so 2 for 3 is not that bad, minus the amount of money they waisted.

Makes our front office look like they knew what they were doing for a day.

They wouldn't have had to spend those picks if sWillis was all he thinks he is.

Maybe by trade, but it's hard to beat Elvis Grbac. :censored:

I forgot about him!! :lol: