Future Bills move to Niagara Falls?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the same distance...21 miles from buff to NF. About 6 miles from S Buff to OP.

I don't think either of those numbers are correct, but it is farther, as the crow flies, from Buffalo to NF. Your point is correct. It takes me the same amount of time to drive to one as it does to drive to the other, leaving from City Hall. I should have been more precise.

In any event, plenty of teams have stadiums that are not within city limits, as someone above noted. Dallas, Washington, NY, NY2 come to mind immediately.

I don't think either of those numbers are correct, but it is farther, as the crow flies, from Buffalo to NF. Your point is correct. It takes me the same amount of time to drive to one as it does to drive to the other, leaving from City Hall. I should have been more precise.

In any event, plenty of teams have stadiums that are not within city limits, as someone above noted. Dallas, Washington, NY, NY2 come to mind immediately.

I think they are pretty close...but I will mapquest it to be sure. I grew up in tonawanda, so from there its equal distance.

Distance: 20.9033.6 mi Time: 28 mins

Starting in BUFFALO, NY on DELAWARE AVE go toward W EAGLE ST

Turn Right on W EAGLE ST

Turn Left on S ELMWOOD AVE(RT-5 W)

Continue to follow RT-5 W

Turn Right on CHURCH ST toward I-190/I-90/PEACE BR/CANADA

Continue on BROADCAST PLZ

Continue on CHURCH ST

Take ramp onto I-190 N toward PEACE BR/CANADA (Portions toll) - go 15.725.3 mikm

Take exit #21/R. MOSES PKWY/BUFFALO AVE onto ROBERT MOSES STATE PKY N toward R. MOSES PKWY/NIAGARA RESERVATION/STATE PARK - go 3.35.4 mikm

Continue on PARK ENTRANCE - go 0.40.7 mikm

Turn Right on 4TH ST - go 0.81.3 mikm

Bear Right on MAIN ST(RT-104) - go 0.20.4 mikm

Arrive at the center of NIAGARA FALLS, NY

If you mapquest buffalo to OP its 15.3 miles. About 6 miles difference.

And Buffalo isnt a craphole? Its not about ralph wanting a new stadium...its about us...the fans deserving a new stadium and also maximing one of the greatest wonders in the world. Niagara falls with a premier stadium could be an amazing thing. The problem with all of WNY is no one ever thinks out of the box. And the ones that do get shot down. No one complains much about orchard park. But in reality, its a horrible place for a stadium. The only one positive is it great for tailgating, nothing more. Sorry, but i think looking into NF as a possible spot is a smart idea.

Compared to downton NF? No. In fact NF makes Buffalo look good. How about building the stadium in NF, ON? Now you can make a pitch for a Super Bowl.

PTR

Or the Orchard Park Bills, for that matter.

Geez people, you all knew that OP was not in the city of Buffalo, right? :thumbsup:

Of course, back in 1972 members of the Erie County Legislature, noting the public help for the construction of the new Bills stadium, proposed "the Erie County Bills," a proposal that sounds as freshly stupid as it did the day it was made.

Good point. I forgot. But I just roll all of the cities together into one Buffalo.

I would even go as far as putting the stadium on goat island...

The Buffalo/Niagara/Toronto Bills live from Goat Island, NY - Thompson's Water Seal Stadium.

Sounds like a great idea. First 100 in the stadium can get free tickets to ride the Maid of the Mist.

And Buffalo isnt a craphole? Its not about ralph wanting a new stadium...its about us...the fans deserving a new stadium and also maximing one of the greatest wonders in the world. Niagara falls with a premier stadium could be an amazing thing. The problem with all of WNY is no one ever thinks out of the box. And the ones that do get shot down. No one complains much about orchard park. But in reality, its a horrible place for a stadium. The only one positive is it great for tailgating, nothing more. Sorry, but i think looking into NF as a possible spot is a smart idea.

It's not that people don't think out of the box, it's that those dreams can't be brought to life. Too much politics. They could plow over half the buildings in downtown and not hurt the economy one bit in NF, but when they got the stadium half constructed some concerned citizen would find some kind of vermin that is being displaced by the construction or some old bones that had been concreted over for 100 years and put the whole works to a halt. And the cost of having to deal with the unions in NF would be crippling. The problem isn't free thinking, it's just a lack of freedom period. Killing deals is an industry unto itself in western NY. Niagara Falls is just particularly bad. NF is my second home, and I would love to see a stadium there, but it's almost hopeless trying to get ahead there.

I honestly think God blessed some of you with Downs, which still gives you a little brain power to post some of the crap on this website...

Buffalo in Niagara Falls is a brilliant idea...

True, the area in downtown is decrepit, but areas could be purchased very close to the Falls, which can be bought cheaply to build a stadium and parking....and surrounding motels...hotels and restaurants...

All the new stadiums have malls around them and stuff to do, which make them unique...Indy's new stadium...Boys new stadium...Cardinals stadium...Gillette Stadium... the new Meadowlands... ALL are outside of the city in which they are named for...and all are made to have tourists visit throughout the year...having the stadium in Niagara Falls would be a blessing to the tourism industry in a down Niagara Falls, U.S....It would breathe new life into a city that has one of the famous scenic areas in the U.S....Regionalize the team in a top 5 media market- with Buffalo/Toronto/Southern Ontario...

Its a great idea, some of you tards that are 40 and still living with you mothers may disagree...but your ideas of putting Lancaster and Lackawanna would be a laughing stock-just like your G.E.D's posted on your bedroom walls...

I hope all you people complaining about the Ralph have the money to put in for this new stadium. Ralph isn't asking for a new stadium...he likes the one we have...and so do most of the fans who go there. Taxpayers certainly can't afford it...we're already one of the highest taxed regions in the nation

I hope all you people complaining about the Ralph have the money to put in for this new stadium. Ralph isn't asking for a new stadium...he likes the one we have...and so do most of the fans who go there. Taxpayers certainly can't afford it...we're already one of the highest taxed regions in the nation

I don't think anyone is complaining about the Ralph. Just saying that IF, as this report claims, a new stadium is being considered would Niagara Falls be a good place to locate it.

i enjoy the ralph, i can walk to the stadium from my house :thumbsup:

I think that the idea of a stadium in Niagara Falls makes tremendous sense on so many levels - except one. And it's the type that can kill a deal. Niagara County doesn't have the tax base to support the construction of a stadium and the infrastructure improvements needed. There was a well-written news article that analyzed the subject. I think it was linked to a previous thread here. I'm sorry but I just don't remember where.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the Ralph. Just saying that IF, as this report claims, a new stadium is being considered would Niagara Falls be a good place to locate it.

so considering the Bills already refuted the claim, people are posting just for the sake of it...gotcha :thumbsup:

Compared to downton NF? No. In fact NF makes Buffalo look good. How about building the stadium in NF, ON? Now you can make a pitch for a Super Bowl.

PTR

You missed the point...keep the revenues in the good ole USA. no offense....your another one who doesnt want to solve the problems on our side of the border. Stadium=tourism=tax money=revitilization=jobs etc......

I think that the idea of a stadium in Niagara Falls makes tremendous sense on so many levels - except one. And it's the type that can kill a deal. Niagara County doesn't have the tax base to support the construction of a stadium and the infrastructure improvements needed. There was a well-written news article that analyzed the subject. I think it was linked to a previous thread here. I'm sorry but I just don't remember where.

And thats where out of the box thinking has to come in to play but wont. Erie and Niagara and Cattaraugus etc... need to form a partnership. Do you think all the money for the stadium in jersey come just from north jersey. Absolutely not! Much of it comes from NYC and most likely tax dollars being funneled from our neck of the woods as well.