Pisa bad -mouths Bills...

from profootballtalk:

Chicago Bears newly-minted linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa is due to be paid $1 million this season under his one-year contract, according to Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune.

Tinoisamoa, who was scheduled to make $3.25 million with the St. Louis Rams in 2009Â before he was cut from the roster during the offseason, is slated to compete with Nick Roach and Hunter Hillenmeyer for the starting job.

For now, Roach is atop the depth chart.

Tinoisamoa is glad for a change of scenery after winning just five games in the past two seasons. And he doesn’t seem to mind that he has to earn a starting position.

”Just the chance to be on a winning team is worth it to me,” Tinoisamoa said this week, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times. ”I’ve been fortunate to get paid in this league, and that was good, but I still had to go home a loser. I’d give all the money back if I could win again. …

”There was opportunity to go to other teams, but it was like, ‘We’re going to give you the job.’ And for me, that was awkward because I know there were guys who had been working since the end of last season, coming into this year and all the time they put in, and they felt like they were the starter. The fact that I have to come and earn a job, it definitely makes me more hungry because now I know I have to earn my job.”

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from profootballtalk:

Chicago Bears newly-minted linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa is due to be paid $1 million this season under his one-year contract, according to Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune.

Tinoisamoa, who was scheduled to make $3.25 million with the St. Louis Rams in 2009Â before he was cut from the roster during the offseason, is slated to compete with Nick Roach and Hunter Hillenmeyer for the starting job.

For now, Roach is atop the depth chart.

Tinoisamoa is glad for a change of scenery after winning just five games in the past two seasons. And he doesn’t seem to mind that he has to earn a starting position.

Just the chance to be on a winning team is worth it to me,” Tinoisamoa said this week, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times. ”I’ve been fortunate to get paid in this league, and that was good, but I still had to go home a loser. I’d give all the money back if I could win again. …

”There was opportunity to go to other teams, but it was like, ‘We’re going to give you the job.’ And for me, that was awkward because I know there were guys who had been working since the end of last season, coming into this year and all the time they put in, and they felt like they were the starter. The fact that I have to come and earn a job, it definitely makes me more hungry because now I know I have to earn my job.”

I can for you.. right here

I can for you.. right here

How's that badmouthing the Bills? For all anyone knows we'll be a strong team and the Bears will suck...and as far as handing him the job? Hardly insulting to anyone...if the Bills were telling him he was going to get the job automatically (unlikely...they might've expected him to win the job but he's not such a marquee player that he commanded that), it would be more complimentary to Pisa than insulting to anyone.

This was Pisa trying to shed the possible light on the fcat that he had to sign such a minimal contract -- and is currently playing with the 2nd team. I think it confirms what many of us suspected all along: the Bills were not THAT interested in him.

Certainly possible, but my take is the Bills FO feels as many here do; Ellison isn't starting material -not for a whole season anyway.

We NEED an big-play maker in the LB corp to really complete, IMO.

The real interesting nuggest in there are the terms - one year, $1M . That sounds like a hell of a bargain. The Bills must have been below that, because if they had offered in the $2.5M range like some people on here were suggesting, I don't think Tinoisamoa would have found it awkward to start right away for that kind of money.

This is unmitigated feel-good crap for the benefit of the home team.

He's happy to be on the bench and have to play his way onto the field? Give me a break.

He'd give it all back for some wins? Sure.

This means the money wasn't probably all that different from team to team so he signed with Chicago because he knows Love Smith as his DC in St. Louis.

Sounds like Pissa is another robot buying into the Cutler/Bear hype. Maybe he should have watched last years Bills/ Bronco's game before he signed.

He signed with Bears for 1 year/ 1 mil????They like reeeeeally wanted him!!Sounds like we missed out on a Probowl OLB . What did the Bill's offer ? free tickets to Darien Lake???

I'd like to reserve judgement on Cutler myself until I see how he does against defenses in NFC central with no one at WR.

On Pissi, just as well.

This was Pisa trying to shed the possible light on the fcat that he had to sign such a minimal contract -- and is currently playing with the 2nd team. I think it confirms what many of us suspected all along: the Bills were not THAT interested in him.

I'm inclined to agree. This is just thread spinning and an effort to endear himself to the Bears faithful. Their offer was hardly generous-- slightly better than the veteran minimum (and likely some incentives) for a chance to compete for a starting spot-- and these types of questions always gear players toward lemon-into-lemonade answers. Even with the addition of Cutler, the Bears are no lock to win the division-- to be sure, they're no lock for second place-- let alone playoff favorites.

I don't see this as a bash of the Bills at all, but an effort by Pisa to make sure fans know that he garnered serious attention and better offers elsewhere, but it that CHICAGO was where he really wanted to be. That doesn't make it so.

The real interesting nuggest in there are the terms - one year, $1M . That sounds like a hell of a bargain. The Bills must have been below that, because if they had offered in the $2.5M range like some people on here were suggesting, I don't think Tinoisamoa would have found it awkward to start right away for that kind of money.

I wanted the Bills to sign him. I don't dislike Ellison, but Pisa would have been an upgrade IMO. If the guy wants to split time on a one year contract and maybe make the playoffs, more power to him. I guess opening day starter on a quality NFL defense isn't what he was looking for. Best of luck Pisa.

Wow, he really threw the Bills under the bus on that one!! How dare he....There is not one thing in there that suggests anything other than the truth EXCEPT the part where he said he would trade all the money back if he could do it again.

Whatever Pisa, you are just as money hungry as the rest of them...liar