Re-examining gay marriage

That quote cannot be attributed so you have no idea. The right-wing frothy mouth types have been using it for a while so I think you're wrong.

You're right. I mean, it's not like we can read his writings anymore... :thumbsup:

Have I ever mentioned that I hate lemurs almost as much as penguins?

Just to be clear: I don't hate gays, I hate penguins.

And to be even more clear: this story about adoption by birds in a same-sex partnership would be no less asinine if they were puffins or egrets. And it's not even the story so much as the fringe idiots who'll think it's meaningful...in a month, we'll have Rosie O'Donnell wearing a penguin costume to protest Prop. 8 in California while Fred Phelps is protesting at funerals with "God hates Penguins" signs.

:devil:

I also think it would be exceedingly obvious if they were Pink Flamingos. Just sayin. :thumbsup:

You're right. I mean, it's not like we can read his writings anymore... :thumbsup:

Have I ever mentioned that I hate lemurs almost as much as penguins?

Nincompoop: We know Aristotle didn't say it. What we don't know is who created the phrase. Whoever it was, he probably doesn't have the gravitas that Aristotle has so along the way, people started attributing it to Aristotle.

Even ones that like to move it, move it?

!@#$ you. And by "!@#$ you", I !@#$ing mean !@#$ YOU!!!

My wife sings that when she wants to get under my skin. That is specifically the reason I hate lemurs.

Nincompoop: We know Aristotle didn't say it. What we don't know is who created the phrase. Whoever it was, he probably doesn't have the gravitas that Aristotle has so along the way, people started attributing it to Aristotle.

I think it was really said by Cletus Berthasboy.

Just to be clear: I don't hate gays, I hate penguins.

And to be even more clear: this story about adoption by birds in a same-sex partnership would be no less asinine if they were puffins or egrets. And it's not even the story so much as the fringe idiots who'll think it's meaningful...in a month, we'll have Rosie O'Donnell wearing a penguin costume to protest Prop. 8 in California while Fred Phelps is protesting at funerals with "God hates Penguins" signs.

:rolleyes:

So you questioned my statement to the effect that "Aristotle didn't say it", even though "we know Aristotle didn't say it"?

Go away.

I questioned your stupid inference that you had some insight into what the statement was intended to mean, not who the quote was attributed to.

I will take back calling you stupid if you are the author of the quote.