don't look now

I am working my way through the "best 100 films" of all time as a New Year's resolution. Last night I saw "Don't look now" which is a bit of a cult film and alittle artsy fartsy for my taste...however...the sex scene between Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland is really something. Very graphic but well done with interspersing shots of the couple getting dressed. It is a much copied and tributed film, although I think it was a little precious. But those of you into sex and/or Julie Christi might want to rent it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am working my way through the "best 100 films" of all time as a New Year's resolution. Last night I saw "Don't look now" which is a bit of a cult film and alittle artsy fartsy for my taste...however...the sex scene between Julie Christie and Donald Sutherland is really something. Very graphic but well done with interspersing shots of the couple getting dressed. It is a much copied and tributed film, although I think it was a little precious. But those of you into sex and/or Julie Christi might want to rent it.

What are you using for your best 100 list? Sounds like a good idea. Also are you renting through netflix? Some films - especially if they are "artsy" are hard to find as rentals.

What are you using for your best 100 list? Sounds like a good idea. Also are you renting through netflix? Some films - especially if they are "artsy" are hard to find as rentals.

What you got against arsty pics??

I'm going through the AFI list and some I have seen before, but really appreciate more now. Lawrence of Arabia, which didn't wow me when I first saw it blew me away, as did Passage to India (which I didn't think I would like). Treasure of the Sierra Madre and Double Indemnity (Fred Mac Murray as a bad guy?) were outstanding. Netflix is what I am using.

My two buddies and I have been trying to watch every movie from the imdb top 250 list (which is very similar to many top 100 lists, give or take some movies), we've been at it for nearly a year and have made a pretty solid dent in the list. It's enjoyable seeing all the old famous movies that you always hear about, but have never seen. I haven't seen this one but I think I do recall it being on the list.

a fish called wanda