The Bills are practicing outside

One thing ironic about this in the field house versus outside discussion is that years ago before we got the field house the talk around town was that the Bills had a big disadvantage because elite teams had indoor practice facilities that allowed them to more precisely run plays, etc. The thinking then was that Ralph had to cough up the money (which he eventually did) to bring us up to the level of other teams that hand indoor facilities.

Now we complain out team is a bunch of wimps (which they are somewhat) because they practice inside.

Ralph must feel he can't win with fans.

One thing ironic about this in the field house versus outside discussion is that years ago before we got the field house the talk around town was that the Bills had a big disadvantage because elite teams had indoor practice facilities that allowed them to more precisely run plays, etc. The thinking then was that Ralph had to cough up the money (which he eventually did) to bring us up to the level of other teams that hand indoor facilities.

Now we complain out team is a bunch of wimps (which they are somewhat) because they practice inside.

I think the "win" is the key. Ralph cant win games since he got the field house.

He wants to win. But its tough to win with fans. Ya know. The Fieldhouse looked good on Friday when they were there. It's just tough. But that's not to say he doesn't try. But the fans are trying to. But you do have to appreciate the effort.

No, although I heard Ben Roethlisberger had them on in Pittsburgh. But maybe that was just to protect his SB rings.... :devil:

No way Big Ben has any super bowl rings. i've read here numerous times by all these experts that he sucks and JP is a million times better QB. How can such a terrible QB win a ring, let alone multiple rings.

No way Big Ben has any super bowl rings. i've read here numerous times by all these experts that he sucks and JP is a million times better QB. How can such a terrible QB win a ring, let alone multiple rings.

It's the gloves...

He wants to win. But its tough to win with fans. Ya know. The Fieldhouse looked good on Friday when they were there. It's just tough. But that's not to say he doesn't try. But the fans are trying to. But you do have to appreciate the effort.

If you win, you can do the stupidest things in the world, and many fans will call it "genius". If you lose, everything you do is stupid, to those same fans.

Obviously, an indoor facility has a place in preparing the team. Just as obviously (at least to me), using the indoor facility exclusively is crazy.

It's what fans do. They can't help themselves....

BTW, Erie County paid for the field house.

We don't care where they practice ... just win baby. They can practice in a phone booth for all I care ... just win baby.

It's more of an issue come winter when we practice all week indoors then come out and suck $ass outside in the cold on sunday. Is there a correlation ... I don't know since we suck $ss alot ... but it gives us something to B word about, so it's all good.

If you win, you can do the stupidest things in the world, and many fans will call it "genius". If you lose, everything you do is stupid, to those same fans.

Obviously, an indoor facility has a place in preparing the team. Just as obviously (at least to me), using the indoor facility exclusively is crazy.

That's precisely as I see it. Yeah, you need to work on your precision. But, you also need to some experience in the elements. What was it Trent said at one point last off season? Something about a bad night practice and he commented how it was kinda tough because all the lights were on and fans were loud so it was kind of a tough practice. Something to that effect. He obviously needs to get outside more. I know that sounds facetious, but its not.

We have a team of young guys, very few have played much in the Buffalo weather, cold, snow, wind. Why not get them some experience? When your receiver is afraid of snow and your QB is wears a glove one week and not the next because he's seeing which feels better.. well that tells me they need to get outside more.

So, yes, indoors is great. But, so is gaining experience outside. I sort of liken it to flying a plane on a simulator - sooner or later you gotta get out and fly the real thing.

So, yes, indoors is great. But, so is gaining experience outside. I sort of liken it to flying a plane on a simulator - sooner or later you gotta get out and fly the real thing.

Except not too many pilots (on the flights I take, anyway) are flying around in their shorts and sweats.

As long as the OTAs are non-contact, playing outside can only go so far in terms of getting acclimated to 'the real thing.'