Any cuts today?

Something in the CBA (I think) makes June 1st almost a non issue now. I used to look forward to this day as well but it does not hold the significance as it did before.

I forget the details...IIRC it had something to do with a change this season about how this or that money was spread out over time.

The upshot being that dumping vets on that date lost significance.

June 1st is purely a contract date now. Some players have a roster bonus due June 1, which enables them some time to sign on with another team. A few years back, there was a rule that some or all of the cap-deferred signing bonuses could be deferred into next year if the player was cut on/after June 1st. Now, that rule no longer exists and the cap hit is always this year.

June 1st is purely a contract date now. Some players have a roster bonus due June 1, which enables them some time to sign on with another team. A few years back, there was a rule that some or all of the cap-deferred signing bonuses could be deferred into next year if the player was cut on/after June 1st. Now, that rule no longer exists and the cap hit is always this year.

Thanks - I thought it was something like that.

CIN talked with him a while back, but declined to make an offer.

I don't know what Foster's problem is, if it's physical, mental or both. The Broncos couldn't get rid of him fast enough, and now the Lions.