George Tiller Assassinated

Ah yes. Opinion vs. conviction. I should have appreciated the difference. You don't have to do a damn thing to have an opinion. They are a dime a dozen and easy to come by. But I've seen numerous opinions around here morph into morality lessons for those of us less enlightened by the 'opinions' of those that would have you believe they are indeed their very convictions. Which do you offer? Opinion? Is it your 'opinion' that abortion is killing babies? Fine.

If you want to break it down to what it really is, then yes abortion is killing babies. As for my opinion, I am pro-choice. At the same time I don't begrudge anyone who feels strongly that it is immoral. Don't you think your adoption theory is a form of morality judgement as well?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be surprised. It's also dramatically cut along racial lines. Minority babies just aren't in as high demand. And after a child reaches the age of five, the odds drop significantly. It's too late to do the research but what do you consider "terribly high." That sounds like a "so what" if a few are left behind, the number ain't that high. Well, what about ANY unwanted child that goes unadopted? What about that living soul that never asked to be here? They don't matter because the number isn't "terribly" high? Right.

I updated my post. It appears that next to no minority babies are even put up for adoption. And as you can tell from watching couples on the street, they are going overseas to adopt. Now I'm sure there are some disabled kids here that go unadopted, but the total amount seems very low.

I'm not arguing abortion as good or bad (my opinions might surprise you) - I was just correcting what seemed to be a common misconception of the "what about all those unwanted kids"...

If you want to break it down to what it really is, then yes abortion is killing babies. As for my opinion, I am pro-choice. At the same time I don't begrudge anyone who feels strongly that it is immoral. Don't you think your adoption theory is a form of morality judgement as well?

No, I don't. It's my way of saying if you're going to talk the talk about protecting these unwaned babies while they are in the womb, then walk the walk when they are put up for adoption. That's all.

I find your definition of abortion and pro-choice stance interesting. Am I to understand your opinion is people should have a choice to kill babies?

I agree that nobody should judge anyone on the morality involved. It's a private choice between a woman and her doctor and anyone else she chooses to involve. Period. That's my stance. It's these moralists I can do without.

How about fetuses that reside inside a mother that, due to genetic anomolies, bear little resemblance to human fetuses? This happens every day.

I updated my post. It appears that next to no minority babies are even put up for adoption. And as you can tell from watching couples on the street, they are going overseas to adopt. Now I'm sure there are some disabled kids here that go unadopted, but the total amount seems very low.

I'm not arguing abortion as good or bad (my opinions might surprise you) - I was just correcting what seemed to be a common misconception of the "what about all those unwanted kids"...

I appreciate the research in such a short period of time. Thanks for that. I'll try to do the same tomorrow.

In the meantime, it shouldn't be about "what about all those unwanted kids." It's about ANY unwanted kid.

No, I don't. It's my way of saying if you're going to talk the talk about protecting these unwaned babies while they are in the womb, then walk the walk when they are put up for adoption. That's all.

I find your definition of abortion and pro-choice stance interesting. Am I to understand your opinion is people should have a choice to kill babies?

I agree that nobody should judge anyone on the morality involved. It's a private choice between a woman and her doctor and anyone else she chooses to involve. Period. That's my stance. It's these moralists I can do without.

How about fetuses that reside inside a mother that, due to genetic anomolies, bear little resemblance to human fetuses? This happens every day.

If I want to be against abortion it really has zero relevance to whether or not I've done my part in adopting children. What if I'm pro-choice and don't have the means to take care of a child? I understand where your coming from in regards to the moral police but fighting fire with fire is not the best route, IMO. I support the choice of women to abort her fetus or baby, whatever you want to call it. One side likes to water it down and the other likes to call it murder. Eitherway I am not scared off from my opinion by words like murder, baby, and hell. I can also understand where the otherside is coming from. To me it's similar to the gay marriage issue. I will live my life the way I see fit and I am willing to let my neighbor do the same.

Unbelievable that some here trivialize, if not justify, the fact that a person in America was shot in their church because someone disagreed with their LEGAL profession.

I just wanted to quote this.. it needs to be quoted a few more times.

Unbelievable that some here trivialize, if not justify, the fact that a person in America was shot in their church because someone disagreed with their LEGAL profession.

Well to many his profession is equal to being one of Hitler's SS hitmen. I guess you would have had issues with someone killing Hitler or his henchmen?

Well to many his profession is equal to being one of Hitler's SS hitmen. I guess you would have had issues with someone killing Hitler or his henchmen?

The most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this board. That includes the 3000 SKOOOOBY threads floating out there.

Liberal - Conservative, rightist - leftist.... Just the thought that someone murdered a person because the perpetrator felt the victim murdered someone makes me stand back and think about many and wonderous things.

P.S. While I hate to admit it in print, I totally agree with Pasta Joe's comment.

The most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this board. That includes the 3000 SKOOOOBY threads floating out there.

I don't agree that he should have been killed. But to many, what abortion doctors do is worse that Hitler. Think about how many babies are killed for convienence every year. Hitler and crew killed what 10 millions Jews in a 6 year period. How many babies are killed worldwide every year but these scum? 5 million? To some what these doctors do is far worse than what Japan did in China during WWII, or what Hirler did in Europe. Take your liberal glasses off and look through someone elses eyes and how they look at this.

I don't agree that he should have been killed. But to many, what abortion doctors do is worse that Hitler. Think about how many babies are killed for convienence every year. Hitler and crew killed what 10 millions Jews in a 6 year period. How many babies are killed worldwide every year but these scum? 5 million? To some what these doctors do is far worse than what Japan did in China during WWII, or what Hirler did in Europe. Take your liberal glasses off and look through someone elses eyes and how they look at this.

I already fully regret getting involved in this thread.

But for what it's worth, I am not liberal, or conservative, democrat or republican. I like to hear both sides of an argument and make a logical decision based on what I believe not my party leader does. From that, because we live in a country where women have the right to have abortions if THEY choose, it in no way compares to the holocaust for the following reasons.

1. In the holocaust, people were rounded up agianst their will, and killed.

2. For a abortion to take place, a women makes a decision which is her RIGHT to make, goes to a doctor willingly, and the doctor performs the medical procedure on her.

As you can see from these two scenarios, unless the doctor is going out kidnapping pregnant women and performing abortions on them unwillingly it is not the same.

The reason why the abortion debate will never end is because of everyone's own opinion of when life actually begins. Conception? When the fetus is fused with blood? When and independent heartbeat is established? If you ask 100 people the answer will vary. The point is no one really knows one true reason, therefore decisions are made based on the scientific knowledge we have not the religious beliefs we have because of the reason above.

If a person doesn't believe in god, they may believe there is no soul and therefore, just killing body tissue.

If a person does believe in god, AND believes that life begins at conception, then may believe they are murdering.

This is the reason I am for abortion laws, because everyone has the freedom do make a decision based on what the INDIVIDUAL believes in. If they believe conception is the beginning of life they have the right to keep their child just as much as the next person who doesn't believe has the right to choose.

This debate will never end, but for now a women has a right to choose. So please, let this thread die and avoid three more pages of useless arguing back and forth. The best point of the topic was made already.

So please, let this thread die and avoid three more pages of useless arguing back and forth. The best point of the topic was made already.

The point of the thread being, it's bad to kill a murderer, but good to kill unboarn babies. Why should this thread die with your word being the last and an incorrect conclusion may I add.

I didn't know Hitler was an OB-GYN, sworn to the Hypocratic oath, who helped countless woman with their health issues. I didn't know Hitler brought countless babies into this world while practicing as an OB-GYN. I didn't know Hitler performed countless PAP smears and helped countless women battle ovarian cysts. I didn't now Hitler cared a crap about his patients at all.

I didn't know Hitler was an OB-GYN, sworn to the Hypocratic oath, who helped countless woman with their health issues. I didn't know Hitler brought countless babies into this world while practicing as an OB-GYN. I didn't know Hitler performed countless PAP smears and helped countless women battle ovarian cysts. I didn't now Hitler cared a crap about his patients at all.

Women have always had abortions. I wonder if there are statistics that show whether they have more, or less, during a genocide like during world war II, or if just during any wartime period. I seem to remember something back during my education about birth rates changing in relation to war. Just trying to bring this all together.

So basically Tiller had a PR problem.

No but Hitler did a lot of good along with his evil ways. Autobahn, VW, rockets, medical experiments that a lot of good research came from and still is respected and used today, jet propulsion, full employment, a lot of family values instilled.

Just because someone does some good doesn't mean they aren't an evil monster.