Good morning TBD'ers

njsue

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering this is from someone who looks like a complete retard...

http://205.134.161.85/forums/uploads/photo-479.jpg

:blush:  :blink:  :D

The only thing looking good in that picture is CL... :D

106999[/snapback]

What's that Lieutenant Dan? I can't hear you. You sound like you are talking through your !@#$ Lieutenant Dan.

You are such an idiot Ed.

I don't have to worry about Self Esteem Issues. People like yourself do however.

One thing that I find interesting is that most of the people doing the flame attacks have never gone to a tailgate or met any of the TSW gang in person.  I guess living in cyberspace dehumanizes you where you totally abandon any sense of morality or fair play.

105552[/snapback]

So true....

NJSue is good people. I too hope she returns soon. I have met many of the Wallers (many who no longer post much, if at all because of all the attacks and negativity) and they are all good people. This place used to be a big family where a person might get kidded over something but not belittled and flamed.

So true....

NJSue is good people. I too hope she returns soon. I have met many of the Wallers (many who no longer post much, if at all because of all the attacks and negativity) and they are all good people. This place used to be a big family where a person might get kidded over something but not belittled and flamed.

107009[/snapback]

Thank you Steve.

The point I've tried making all day.

The only ones that will argue differently are the ones that attack and cause fricition.

So true....

107009[/snapback]

I've been here since the beginning (and over at the D&C board before this) and anybody saying, "it used to be better" is just romanticizing about the past ("ahh, the good ol' days!"). There have always been fighting, flaming and arguing. ICE threatening to hack the board and shut it down or beat people up at games...and he wasn’t the only one displaying this behavior. The only thing that has changed is we now have people saying, "it used to be better".

There will always be people on this board who are in cliques, people who are great friends in RL (or in virtual life) and people who just don’t like one another. You’ll also have random flamers who just like to cause trouble or people who lose their temper and post things they shouldn’t or wouldn’t normally. It’s always been this way and it always will be. You won’t find it any better on any other board on the internet, mostly because they’re likely missing the great friends aspect of it. So just enjoy the parts of the community you like and do your best to live with the stuff you don’t.

The only ones that will argue differently are the ones that attack and cause fricition.

107012[/snapback]

Listen BF, there are lots of people on this board who have a right to complain about others "attacking and causing friction"...but you are not one of them. You do these very things yourself, so lets get off the high horse and leave the preaching to those who aren't mudslingers.

I've been here since the beginning (and over at the D&C board before this) and anybody saying, "it used to be better" is just romanticizing about the past ("ahh, the good ol' days!").  There has always been fighting, flaming and arguing.  ICE threatening to hack the board and shut it down or beat people up at games...and he wasn’t the only one displaying this behavior.  The only thing that has changed is we now have people saying, "it used to be better".

There will always be people on this board who are in cliques, people who are great friends in RL (or in virtual life) and people who just don’t like one another.  You’ll also have random flamers who just like to cause trouble or people who lose their temper and post things they shouldn’t or wouldn’t normally.  It’s always been this way and it always will.  You won’t find it any better on any other board on the internet, mostly because they’re likely missing the great friends aspect of it.  So just enjoy the parts of the community you like and do your best to live with the stuff you don’t.

107014[/snapback]

You want to know the biggest difference? Yeah there has always been fighting and bickering, but the majority of people behaved. There's tons more then there ever was back in the late '90's.

It comes with having a larger community, unfortunately bigger is not always better.

Listen BF, there are lots of people on this board who have a right to complain about others "attacking and causing friction"...but you are not one of them.  You do these very things yourself, so lets get off the high horse and leave the preaching to those who aren't mudslingers.

107015[/snapback]

I argue with people about stuff like the Bills or the St. Louis Cardinals or something that isn't really a big deal.

Running someone off the board when they ask for help on a homework assignment is a lot different MDH.

The two don't even compare.

You want to know the type of stuff I'm talking about that goes a little too far?

People running others away because they asked for help.

People having quotes in their signature lines that make fun of other people.

I could keep going but I won't, I have a feeling it's falling on a deaf ear.

I argue with people about stuff like the Bills or the St. Louis Cardinals or something that isn't really a big deal.

Running someone off the board when they ask for help on a homework assignment is a lot different MDH.

The two don't even compare.

You want to know the type of stuff I'm talking about that goes a little too far?

People running others away because they asked for help.

People having quotes in their signature lines that make fun of other people.

I could keep going but I won't, I have a feeling it's falling on a deaf ear.

107020[/snapback]

Shrug, you're just making excuses because you don't want to believe that you yourself do these very things. Most people aren't comfortable enough with themselves to acknowledge their own faults. They generally have juicy rationalizations like the one above that can "explain" how they act and why it's different (I know I do this too, and when I catch myself doing it I hate myself for it). But if that’s what you need to make it through your everyday life thinking you’re a “good” person while at the same time doing the very things you claim to hate, then so be it. Everybody does it to some extent or another, but one should at least be aware that they do it…

Shrug, you're just making excuses because you don't want to believe that you yourself do these very things.  Most people aren't comfortable enough with themselves to acknowledge their own faults.  They generally have juicy rationalizations like the one above that can "explain" how they act and why it's different (I know I do this too, and when I catch myself doing it I hate myself for it).  But if that’s what you need to make it through your everyday life thinking you’re a “good” person while at the same time doing the very things you claim to hate, then so be it.  Everybody does it to some extent or another, but one should at least be aware that they do it…

107041[/snapback]

Have you ever seen me attack someone on here that asks for help on a homework assignment? I didn't think so.

Do I do it for other reasons from time to time? Of course I do.

Do I do it for other reasons from time to time?  Of course I do.

107048[/snapback]

So you get to cherry pick when it's appropriate for you AND for everybody else to make a flame? And if posters don't meet your specific criteria then those posters are "the worst type of human there is" (again paraphrasing).

If you could just make a post, kinda like a Flamers’ Constitution of TBD that let's us all know what rights we have as flamers and under which circumstances said flames are appropriate I'd appreciate it. I think you've already written the first amendment:

1) There shall be no flaming of people asking for help with homework...

I'd be very interested in seeing the rest.

If someone calls me a "dumbass" is it okay to flame 'em (hint hint)? What if they go on a rampage threatening posters with violence, calling them jerks, jackasses, and a variety of other names that actually get censored? Is it okay then? I mean, if flames are okay on occasion, we all need to know when those occasions are. Thanks in advance…

MDH what's funny is that I wasn't even referring to you for the most part. Your first few replies were alright. Not really helpful but not as crude and rude as some of the others.

I don't need to write any sort of paper about flaming.

If someone flames me I defend myself, if not I don't usually go looking to get into it with someone.

It's just that simple. Just like real life, try to avoid confrontation but if presented with it, stick up for yourself.

Here is hopeing that the bills win huge.

Plus I have made a decison. Tough one. But, after the crap that still is allowed to exist. I just cant take here anymore.

So this is goodbye to all the friends that I have made here.

Unless something is done to rectify the total rudeness. I wont be back on this board for a very long time.

GO BILLS WIN FOR TBD

time for you heels to do your part.  <_<

105482[/snapback]

Please dont leave,Sue! :(

Just for the record, and it doesn't really matter anymore - this is the way everything went down. If you've read the threads, you know that if Sue had not started calling people names everything would have stopped right there.

September 7th: Sue asks her first homework question. nothing rude posted.

September 19th: Sue asks her second homework question. nothing rude posted.

September 26th: Sue asks her third homework question - the first comment is made about "doing your own work".

September 27th: Sue asks her fourth homework question. nothing rude posted.

October 24th: Sue asks her fifth homework question. After one person makes a single comment about her perhaps typing the question into a search engine herself, she responds by calling people jerks, trash, idiots, losers and of course :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: (poor Sue).

BIB responds with good post about how she should know if she posts something, people will jump on it because it is the way people sometimes are. He also mentions that her hair trigger comments don't help her cause.

November 6th: She posts a question, that everyone agrees should have taken no more than 60 seconds to find on Google. She has 4,500 posts, is taking college business courses yet finds the need to ask this question here. In fact if you type in "a site to calculate currency exchanges" in Google, EVERY SINGLE FIRST PAGE RESULT would have answered her question.

One person asks her if she is missing a chromosome or is she doing this for attention, she responds by calling the person a jerk.

A second person responds with a comment about her probably wanting attention and she responds with "Still are just way too many LOSERS lurking on this board. GO AWAY LOSER. IF YOU CANT TAKE IT THEN, TAKE A HIKE JACKASS"

and 17 pages later, here we are.

Just for the record, and it doesn't really matter anymore - this is the way everything went down. If you've read the threads, you know that if Sue had not started calling people names everything would have stopped right there.

September 7th: Sue asks her first homework question. nothing rude posted.

September 19th: Sue asks her second homework question. nothing rude posted.

September 26th: Sue asks her third homework question  - the first comment is made about "doing your own work".

September 27th: Sue asks her fourth homework question. nothing rude posted.

October 24th: Sue asks her fifth homework question. After one person makes a single comment about her perhaps typing the question into a search engine herself, she responds by calling people jerks, trash, idiots, losers and of course  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  (poor Sue).

BIB responds with good post about how she should know if she posts something, people will jump on it because it is the way people sometimes are. He also mentions that her hair trigger comments don't help her cause.

November 6th: She posts a question, that everyone agrees should have taken no more than 60 seconds to find on Google. She has 4,500 posts, is taking college business courses yet finds the need to ask this question here. In fact if you type in "a site to calculate currency exchanges" in Google, EVERY SINGLE FIRST PAGE RESULT would have answered her question.

One person asks her if she is missing a chromosome or is she doing this for attention, she responds by calling the person a jerk.

A second person responds with a comment about her probably wanting attention and she responds with "Still are just way too many LOSERS lurking on this board. GO AWAY LOSER. IF YOU CANT TAKE IT THEN, TAKE A HIKE JACKASS"

and 17 pages later, here we are.

107400[/snapback]

Wow it was nice of you to take so much time out of your day to dig that up.

<_<