Good morning TBD'ers

njsue

I'd say that's a good observation. 

Sue's a good-hearted person.  Hopefully some time away will serve her well. 

I also agree with Rich, there are alot of people who care about her 'round these parts.  I know I'll miss her and her rah-rah posts - I always got a kick out of them.

105576[/snapback]

When are you leaving for good?

See ya at 12:45

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule of thumb: anyone who starts an "I'm leaving" thread isn't really leaving, they're just crying for attention.

105545[/snapback]

Hopefully, sue will take the advice I just emailed her and not stay away. I told her that she can't let the azzholes win. So there.

:(

P.S. Say "hi" to Melody for me. :lol:

When are you leaving for good?

See ya at 12:45

105578[/snapback]

I'm like herpes, I never go away! :lol:

Terry's at the game, so T & I are heading out in about 20 min's to set up whatever she left for us there. We'll save you a seat - or two, is Dona going today?

NO !@#$ it wasn't.  This WAS a family at one time. Now?  It's no wonder people are on other sites saying they won't post here.  Yeah folks it's true, many folks (and it seems to be growing) don't want anything to do with TBD.

This needs to change.

105525[/snapback]

Honesty is the hallmark of effective families.

That doesn't mean that we don't continue to love our most mentally inadequate members (search engine!) or members most prone to manic episodes like you.

I guess living in cyberspace dehumanizes you where you totally abandon any sense of morality or fair play.

105552[/snapback]

Oh, get over yourself fatboy.

My god, how people forget Sue's role in all of this. Like she's a victim. I tried to explain to her why people were flaming her and she attacked ME. You know what, if she wants to sling mud, I'll sling it too. She was the rudest person in that thread yesterday, but yeah, she's the victim. She brought it all upon herself with her responses. Should I have been more polite and understanding? Yeah, perhaps I could have. But if someone is spewing that much venom I don’t feel the obligation to extend the olive branch back to them. People ribbed her a little bit and she flew off the deep end threatening people, calling them names, etc. Yeah, she's the victim. :lol:

I'm posting this twice. This has made me that angry.

The people here that have given Sue a hard time ought to be ashamed of yourselves. You sincerely are the lowest form of life in my opinion.

If any of you ever actually got out from behind your screens you might have been as fortunate as I have been to have met Sue and gotten to know her. She's a good person that would be willing to help any of you with the same problem. Unfortunately many of the "mature adults" and I use that term very loosely in this case, chose to badger and trash on her instead. Grow the !@#$ up.

Go ahead, flame away at me now too for sticking up for her. That's the usual order of things with you people. Unfortunately for you though, it doesn't get to me anymore. I've just come to the realization that a bunch of you are just plain !@#$s who I could care less about.

Sue,

I don't know what has happened in your world but you were never like this before. You seemed to go off the deep end and it started with your first homework post.

Many people gave you a good natured ribbing, some were complete dicks. You responded to all of them in the same way though, further inviting it into ever subsequent homework thread you posted.

You speak of this place as being a family. Well in my family and many others I know, a good natured ribbing is not only accepted but welcomed, as it reminds us not to take ourselves to seriously. Your homework threads were not as serious as you take them. You got the responses you needed when people knew and answer, and others got to have the fun they come here for. I'd call those succesful threads. Only after you turned hostile did they direct attacks at yourself personally.

Also as being part of a family, it's important to suck it up and admit when you go a little overboard. You responded to anyone who threw in a joke in a crude and unacceptable manner. In turn (whether it be right or wrong) opening the flood gates for more jokes aimed towards yourself. Suck it up and admit that you went to far. Be the bigger person and maybe people will follow.

You've been here since 2001, myself since I believe '99. Think back and find a time where a joke wasn't involed in a thread outside of well wishes for difficult times. Even in some of those, humor was used to lighten the situation. Much of this place is about humor and we all have not only accepted that, but it keeps many coming back.

Many people went overboard, including myself last night. I thought better and changed my tune. You have gone overboard as well Sue, but you can't see that or refuse to admit it. The road to healing begins with yourself and I hope you take that journey.

wow, this looks like a dolphins board..classless acts all over the place, and braindead assclowns such as "cutting drew with dignity"

My god, how people forget Sue's role in all of this. Like she's a victim.

yup. Read the thread, and see who started it all.

This was the 6th time she has asked for help with her homework on TBD.

The first 4 times nobody gave her too much crap, the 5th time somebody made a comment and she started calling people "trash", and "losers".

And yesterday she shows up and asks the easiest question possible - obviously she didn't even try it herself.

I dare anyone to go try to not be able to find a currency converter in 60 seconds.

yup. Read the thread, and see who started it all.

This was the 6th time she has asked for help with her homework on TBD.

The first 4 times nobody gave her too much crap, the 5th time somebody made a comment and she started calling people "trash",  and "losers".

And yesterday she shows up and asks the easiest question possible - obviously she didn't even try it herself. 

I dare anyone to go try to  not  be able to find a currency converter in 60 seconds.

105862[/snapback]

Does it matter how many times someone asks for help now?

I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever ask for another prayer for a friend of family member. I've already used up 2. Next time it might be a problem with someone.

School is a year round thing. In the course of the year someone may get stuck on 10, 20, 50, or 100 problems that they might need help with. Is that reason for someone to poke fun at her and make her feel like stevestojan?

If it is I'm sorry to be a part of this community.

Like I said, there are some people that need to start acting their age.

Does it matter how many times someone asks for help now?

Not at all, but if you cut and paste entire homework questions, and ask for help with things that you obviously didn't even try to do yourself you need to be ready for someone to call you on it. And when they do call you on it you shouldn't go off the deep end and start calling them names. Notice who started the mudslinging.

This isn't a prayer or help with plumbing - it's homework, something people usually are responsible for doing themselves.

Not at all, but if you cut and paste entire homework questions, and ask for help with things that you obviously didn't even try to do yourself you need to be ready for someone to call you on it. And when they do call you on it you shouldn't go off the deep end and start calling them names. Notice who started the mudslinging.

This isn't a prayer or help with plumbing - it's homework, something people usually are responsible for doing themselves.

105939[/snapback]

Were you sitting there with her monitoring her progress? How do you know she didn't try to do it? You don't. You have no idea. Sue takes her homework to Bills games to do it. She is hardly trying to get by with someone else doing the work for her.

You notice that the only people still trying to say this crap are the ones that were jerks to begin with?

Were you sitting there with her monitoring her progress? How do you know she didn't try to do it? You don't. You have no idea

No, but I do know that I can find you 5 sites within 60 seconds, so either she didn't try herself or she doesn't know her way around the internet much, despite her 4500 posts.

No, but I do know that I can find you 5 sites within 60 seconds, so either she didn't try herself or she doesn't know her way around the internet much, despite her 4500 posts.

105996[/snapback]

You know what, maybe she doesn't. Maybe someone gave her this address? If she doesn't know her way around the internet wouldn't it be good for her to ask someone that does?

Now we are making progress. You are getting there.

Look at that thread. She asked, thanked anyone that could help her up front, got two GOOD replies about it. That should have been the end of the thread. Instead the usual gang of idiots that has become TBD jumps all over her and then wonders why she starts into them. THEY DEESERVED IT.

You know what, maybe she doesn't.  Maybe someone gave her this address?  If she doesn't know her way around the internet wouldn't it be good for her to ask someone that does?

Now we are making progress.  You are getting there.

Look at that thread.  She asked, thanked anyone that could help her up front, got two GOOD replies about it.  That should have been the end of the thread.  Instead the usual gang of idiots that has become TBD jumps all over her and then wonders why she starts into them.  THEY DEESERVED IT.

106002[/snapback]

Come on BF, how about setting the bar a bit higher for Sue. You're claiming that she doesn't know enough about the internet to do a google search? That sounds like a bigger insult that anything anybody said to her yesterday.