Jauronisms

Guest dog14787
"I like our guys a lot, I really do." DJ continues, "Obviously it has to translate out there on the field, but I think that we have the potential to win some games and as you know, it's really hard to win games in this league, really hard."

and doggonit "That goes right on me," said coach Dick Jauron. "It backfired clearly and caused us to lose the game."

As the Bills lose to the Jets 31- 27 as a result of one of the worse play calls in the history of the NFL. :ph34r:

(Added the doggonit) and by far not my favorite

Here's a quote from this week's USA Today Sports Weekly, last paragraph on page 32. Dick was asked about the new offensive line.

"There's no doubt it's a challenge . I believe we have the right group of guys for it. They work well together... and they're a bright group. Football smart, they think the game, talk the game a lot. So it gives us a chance, but it won't be easy."

I give him credit for saying "I believe we have the right group of guys for it." However, the rest is typical Dick Jauron. It kills me to read/hear this guy crying about how difficult, challenging, or not easy things are. It portrays a lack of courage and confidence.

This team has had a serious leadership void over the past few season's. Whitner fell on his face with his playoff guarantee last season and no one is going to rally around Dick's "it's hard to win in the NFL" war cry. So I hope our rent-a-leader will be a positive influence that can elevate this team despite the timid head coach.

Here's a quote from this week's USA Today Sports Weekly, last paragraph on page 32. Dick was asked about the new offensive line.

I give him credit for saying "I believe we have the right group of guys for it." However, the rest is typical Dick Jauron. It kills me to read/hear this guy crying about how difficult, challenging, or not easy things are. It portrays a lack of courage and confidence.

This team has had a serious leadership void over the past few season's. Whitner fell on his face with his playoff guarantee last season and no one is going to rally around Dick's "it's hard to win in the NFL" war cry. So I hope our rent-a-leader will be a positive influence that can elevate this team despite the timid head coach.

Born Loser and the sorriest excuse for a NFL HC in my football memory (1962).

Another tread gave me the idea for asking everyone for your favorite quote from our quote machine coach. I'll start with the traditional post-draft "you can't have too many good cornerbacks"

1) "It's hard to win in the NFL." - He certainly lives up to that one.

2) "Roscoe just has to fit into our scheme and understand what we're doing." - Because his schemes and what he is doing has been so successful these past 3 years! - Is it just me, or would most NFL coaches fit Parish's special talents into their schems and what they are doing, instead of vice versa??

3) to 100) Everything else that comes out of his un-emotional Yale educated mouth.

Precisely! It sets the bar too low. Instead of victory being the ultimate goal, suddenly a "good effort" is adequate. Bottom line is there is no substitute for winning. There are no moral victories in the NFL if there's not a "W" in the Win/Loss column and Dick doesn't get that.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I remember it, but after the Philadelphia game to conclude the 07 season, Jauron said:

"Offensively we did a pretty good job of not turning (the ball) over. I think the fact that we didn't turn the ball over today at all, and didn't have very many penalties in that football game, kept us in the game. Obviously, the fact that we don't score, we don't get it in the endzone, is the difference in the football game.

These were his opening comments after a 17-9 loss in which the team didn't seem to do anything offensively.

I honestly think people miss the point re: DJ and his vanilla statements. He, in a jaded way, takes pleasure from saying nothing to the media and admitting as little fault as he does. If he spent as much time gameplanning as he did wording his worthless statements to the press.

EDIT: Jauron post-Philadelphia 07 comments

"I'm a top 10 high school athlete in Massachusetts' history; set an Ivy League record for most consecutive 100 yards rushing games (16), graduated with honors from Yale, former pro bowler, former coach of the year, a great golfer, and a millionaire. How's your life treating you?"

I don't know why I remember it, but after the Philadelphia game to conclude the 07 season, Jauron said:

"Offensively we did a pretty good job of not turning (the ball) over. I think the fact that we didn't turn the ball over today at all, and didn't have very many penalties in that football game, kept us in the game. Obviously, the fact that we don't score, we don't get it in the endzone, is the difference in the football game.

These were his opening comments after a 17-9 loss in which the team didn't seem to do anything offensively.

I honestly think people miss the point re: DJ and his vanilla statements. He, in a jaded way, takes pleasure from saying nothing to the media and admitting as little fault as he does. If he spent as much time gameplanning as he did wording his worthless statements to the press.

EDIT: Jauron post-Philadelphia 07 comments

I know man. Great point there. We all know that Belichick and Tony Dungy press conferences are like Bruce Springsteen and Jimi Hendrix taking the stage together. :thumbsup:

"He’s getting better and better all of the time. We just want to make sure he’s ready for training camp ... As a head coach he's still a bit young in the game so we're trying not to throw too much at him. Through this period, we’ll just see how it goes. He’s been heading in the right direction now for a number of years, so we’re happy about that."

Dick Jauron when asked about Dick Jauron.