maybe this helps with my "credibility"

this article was written and published 2/9/05

bills released bledsoe one week later

first link is story I wrote for the Buffalo Beast

link two is confirmation on date of Bledsoe release

http://www.buffalobeast.com/68/wideright68.htm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/02/16/bledsoe050216.html

maybe this will get people off my back

I fail to see how these articles support your credibility.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dean--let me correct you...the worst kind of poster is one who attacks when he has no idea if he is right or wrong. You assume I have no information..and call me clueless when in fact, you have no idea if I have as you call "inside information"-- that would make your point baseless and to some clueless.

if it makes you feel better to state I have no knowledge fine, it doesn't bother me if you doubt me...in fact it makes sense. Take it or leave it I really don't care. But there are worse posters. Just tell me you don't believe it, don't make yourself look like an idiot telling me I don't know what I am talking about. You don't have to be Tim Graham to know people who live in Buffalo. It is not that big a deal. We are talking about JP Losman. All I am telling you is no one is interested in him, he lives in Buffalo, he has no plans to play in the NFL next year and he is exploring business opportunities here. What do you want his mothers maiden name? Would that really make my post credible? I don't need to explain myself, there is no link, I am the source.

I thought it might interest some fans to know the deal...I have better things to do then to make up some stupid post.

thanks

You come here, peddling this so called "information" without anything to back it up. No description of the car you drive. Not even the number of bathrooms in your house. And you expect people to just buy it and think you're somehow knowledgeable. Well, I'm sorry sir. I, for one, am not buying it. For all I know you could be the janitor on a bus.

Well, there are six pages of posts. :lol:

5 at this point (and 3 when you replied).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get signed. Leftwich and Culpepper had trouble signing after getting dumped and you could argue both are better than Losman, though Culpepper is older.

Losman was a horrible NFL QB but he seems like a nice guy and he tried to do good things for the city so I feel bad for him. I do think he has more of a leadership mentality than Edwards does - or at least more than Edwards has shown so far.

5 at this point (and 3 when you replied).

Just on page 3, for me. You guys must have your preferences set at fewer posts per page.

But, back to the topic, we have two posters in this thread, who claim to have inside knowledge, yet both have completely different stories. Why should we believe either of them? Talk is cheap, and we have had too many posters claim to have the inside scoop, and in precious few case did the outcome turned out as the poster predicted.

And someone will have to explain how articles about Bledsoe, from 2005 help the OP's credibility.

I think people would love to have JP in the area and embrace the guy.....the vast majority really like him as a person and are fully supportive of all he did for Buffalo. We just thought he had played out his hand as an NFL QB and I cannot see many teams wanting him as they can draft a FA college QB and get the same production.

But I think it would be great if he stayed in the area and would be welcomed. Hope he does stay.

You're a good poster so I'm not calling you a liar...but how exactly do you know this first hand?

I've spoke with the guy a few times and he is a very honest & good dude. He stated that loved his job & would work as hard as he can at it but he really isn't a huge fan of football or sports in general. It's not really a huge deal because I'm sure there are lots of guys like that (Robert Smith was one), I just found it interested.

If I were him I would never give up on an NFL career, I'd be constantly throwing and practicing and keeping in shape. I'd look to buy a computer program that would help teach reading defenses and more understanding of the game.

Look at some #1 QB draft picks that have failed recently,Joey Harrington, Detroit:David Carr, Houston:Akili Smith, Cincinnati:Tim Couch, Cleveland:

Considering how many coaching changes the guy has had to endure its no wonder he is not a very stable QB.

2004 broken leg in training camp, Mike Mularkey -HC Sam Wyche -QB coach and can't recall the OC but Mularkey took over play calling during the season and fired him after that.

2005 Losman starts but is pulled a few times in favor of Kelly Holcomb,Mularkey fired and replaced by Jauron and Steve Fairchild is the new OC

2006 Losman starts and has a very good year and really started playing well at the end of 06 and left everyone thinking the Bills could be a force in 2007.

2007 Losman starts but the Bills draft Edwards in round 3 and Losman starts looking over his should again and replaced by Edwards.Fairchild leaves and the QB coach takes over as OC.

2008 Edwards starts and Losman plays some games because of injuries to Edwards

2 different head coaches, Jauron-Mularkey 4 different QB coaches Wyche-Van Pelt-Schonert and ? under Mularkey, 4 different play callers in Mularkey, the OC in 04-05- Fairchild- Schonert.

Talk about lack of continuity, its no wonder Jauron doesn't want another new play caller in Buffalo because he saw what all that turnover turmoil did to Losman.

QB's like Rich Gannon didn't get really good overnight or even in 3 years, it took 4-6 years and sometimes more before some finally learn to read defenses.

I've spoke with the guy a few times and he is a very honest & good dude. He stated that loved his job & would work as hard as he can at it but he really isn't a huge fan of football or sports in general. It's not really a huge deal because I'm sure there are lots of guys like that (Robert Smith was one), I just found it interested.

Thanks, that is very interesting. We all think of football players as guys who live, die, breathe football...but I guess not everybody can be that way. I guess it sort of speaks to his lack of a killer instinct.

I met him at a party not long ago--I thought he was the son of the hosts, and I almost said "what, going for the Losman look?". I have to say, he is a really nice kid, and he does like Buffalo a lot. At that time, he said he recently received an offer from a team, but turned it down. I am sure he will accept an offer in the near future, and I wouldn't be surprised if he also decides to continue living in Buffalo, as he does have a very nice girl friend from the area (also at the party). Despite his rocky stay with the Bills, I hope he does stay in Buffalo.

Is this her? I'd stay in Buffalo too! JP is playing over his head! :lol:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/dead...2008/12/jp2.jpg

Seriously, Losman will get another chance, one way or another, somewhere....

Thanks, that is very interesting. We all think of football players as guys who live, die, breathe football...but I guess not everybody can be that way. I guess it sort of speaks to his lack of a killer instinct.

I think Mike Williams hated football but was very good at it enough to make a lot of money for at it. I can't fault him for that (that's why I respect his comeback attempt). As for Losman, I'm sure he loved competiting and likes the sport but it wasn't everything to him. And all the failures, especially this year when he may have played himself out of the league, takes its toll mentally.

I fail to see how these articles support your credibility.

I wrote the article--dated 2/9 for the Buffalo Beast--the commentary states that Losman will be the starter and there would be no competition between Bledsoe and JP. There was no one stating this at that time--any column talked about having an open competition for the position and making sure JP had a chance versus Bledsoe..some discussed the Bills releasing Bledsoe

the Bills did not announce they were releasing Bledsoe for another week...at that time they obviously named JP the starter---my story was published a week earlier--check the dates... check any other newspaper--no one had anything like my story--and it was a week before any announcements--my sources are the same today...

hope that helps you see how the article support my credibility

I know three people on this board (and another who hasn't posted here in a while) who I'd trust without question if they posted something about Losman's future plans.

None of them appear in this thread.

Just sayin'.

he Lori your boy Tim graham agrees with me

does he count?

If I were him I would never give up on an NFL career, I'd be constantly throwing and practicing and keeping in shape. I'd look to buy a computer program that would help teach reading defenses and more understanding of the game...

You just can't get this comedy at home! Keep 'em coming. Are you here all week? I'll remember to tip the bartender.

ROTFLMAO!!!

GO BILLS!!!

he Lori your boy Tim graham agrees with me

does he count?

Roscoe, Roscoe Roscoe.......You need to learn how things work around here!

These clowns all sit around and wait for something to happen so they can be the

first ones to post it. If you don't cite the source they go ballistic. So you saying

that you know JP or anyone doesnt matter, (well maybe if you are the sainted Tim Graham)

The "Dean" is an old fart who has 100,000 posts, so he thinks that he knows what he is talking

about. He could not even figure out why you posted that article. (by the way, nice job

on that). He couldn't correlate your name on here (Roscoe) with the author of the article.

(Roscoe) This is what you are dealing with. lol.

And don't get into it with Lori...she is like everyone's Mama on here, so if you involve her

all the little kiddies coming running to her defense and you are threatened to be banned!!!

Good luck!

And by the way, I heard JP won't play again as he is po'd that the Superbowl won't be held

in Buffalo anytime soon!!!!!

I think people would love to have JP in the area and embrace the guy.....the vast majority really like him as a person and are fully supportive of all he did for Buffalo. We just thought he had played out his hand as an NFL QB and I cannot see many teams wanting him as they can draft a FA college QB and get the same production.

But I think it would be great if he stayed in the area and would be welcomed. Hope he does stay.

I'll 2nd that... he seems like a genuinely good guy but he just isn't our QB....

I wish him the best of luck though

Big difference between "there's no interest from NFL teams right now" -- which Tim said earlier in the month, by the way -- and "Losman will never play again."

how about just admitting that maybe what I said is possible instead of making wise remarks...why can't we all just get along...I love the Bills and in fact I think JP is a good guy, he just isn't getting any attention...I thought someone would take a shot on his right arm, but no one is....I am surprised about what i found out recently and posted it....

I stand behind my post...you say potato..I (just) say(in) JP never plays again...