Posluszny ranked league's 19th best MLB

Sorry, but when it comes to these types of rankings and I see number of tackles often cited as a criteria, I tend to pay them less attention. If someone came up with a number of tackles per defensive series or something similar perhaps I'd pay more attention to tackles. In the meantime, can the guy pursue and make the tackle when he gets there is where it starts for me. Can he drop into coverage? Can he blitz? Guys who do that better than others tend to be on the field less and have less opportunity to make tackles as a result.

GO BILLS!!!

OK, so then the Poz drops to 32nd

How is it not good? There are probably about 100 middle linebackers in the NFL and he's ranked 19th.

Well yeah, but I think 19th out of 32 gives a little more accurate assessment than 19th out of 100.

You must miss a lot of obvious things in life, then.

You expect your top 15 pick to be a top player at his position, but your 2nd round pick isn't a talented or as good of a prospect as that top pick. Tom Brady is an anomaly, and I wish people would stop bring him up, as he is a one in a 1,000 6th round pick.

Look, I want to argue, I really do but not about where sporting news thinks all MLB's are ranked, that's just ridiculous and a waste of brain power.

I will say this though because it is worth the argument, Tom Brady is not an anomaly. It's not easy but it's also not a miracle to find late round talent. Here are a few off of the top of my head who along with Brady are future if not already HOFer's.

Examples:

Terrell Davis - 6th rd

Zach Thomas - 5th rd

Richard Dent - 8th rd

A couple you may be familiar with:

Andre Reed - 4th rd

Steve Tasker - 9th rd

Where a player is drafted only dictates how many chances they get by said team due to the financial burden that comes along with them. For every bust there is a hit and vice versa. I'm guessing that the ratio deteriorates as the rounds play on but so does the financial risk.

All that being said, I could care less if Willis was drafted in the first round and Poz in the second. I only care about what the Sporting News thinks. :pirate:

OK, so then the Poz drops to 32nd

Exactly. Cause he CAN'T pursue, tackle, or blitz and can't drop into coverage worth a damn. Glad you picked up on that so quickly.

GO BILLS!!!

How is it not good? There are probably about 100 middle linebackers in the NFL and he's ranked 19th.

Wow, what defenses play more than one MLB when there are only 32 teams? I agree it isn't terrible, but not really good either.

Look, I want to argue, I really do but not about where sporting news thinks all MLB's are ranked, that's just ridiculous and a waste of brain power.

I will say this though because it is worth the argument, Tom Brady is not an anomaly. It's not easy but it's also not a miracle to find late round talent. Here are a few off of the top of my head who along with Brady are future if not already HOFer's.

Examples:

Terrell Davis - 6th rd

Zach Thomas - 5th rd

Richard Dent - 8th rd

Andre Reed - 4th rd

Steve Tasker - 9th rd

Where a player is drafted only dictates how many chances they get by said team due to the financial burden that comes along with them. For every bust there is a hit and vice versa. I'm guessing that the ratio deteriorates as the rounds play on but so does the financial risk.

All that being said, I could care less if Willis was drafted in the first round and Poz in the second. I only care about what the Sporting News thinks. :pirate:

how many thousands of players have been drafted in rounds 5 on, that have done nothing? A whole hell of a lot more than those that succeed. While the first round bust rate is around 25%-40%, the late round bust rate is 75%-85%.

how many thousands of players have been drafted in rounds 5 on, that have done nothing? A whole hell of a lot more than those that succeed. While the first round bust rate is around 25%-40%, the late round bust rate is 75%-85%.

Late round busts?

Late round busts?

Is there such a thing as a late round bust? (not that I have anything against round busts)

Examples:

Terrell Davis - 6th rd

Zach Thomas - 5th rd

Richard Dent - 8th rd

Andre Reed - 4th rd

Steve Tasker - 9th rd

All that being said, I could care less if Willis was drafted in the first round and Poz in the second. I only care about what the Sporting News thinks. :blink:

All the players you listed are anomalous, as is Brady.