Just saw on NFL Network....

Fran Charles ( on one of those NFLN updates ) reports a fan stated he was disappointed that T.O. was no longer a Cowboy to T.O. after which T.O. replied " So am I, you can blame Romo and the O.C. for that but I'm happy where I am now."

If I heard it correctly, it sounded like the fan in question twittered T.O. and the reply ensued. :unsure:

Speaking of TO on twitter, for those interested, he remarked about being excited about what he's seen so far. Here is the comment he posted:

"terrellowens811: more of vegas & back 2 Buff 4 another few days of OTAs & 2 hang out w/my new teammates!! I'm excited about wht i hv seen!!"

Speaking of TO on twitter, for those interested, he remarked about being excited about what he's seen so far. Here is the comment he posted:

"terrellowens811: more of vegas & back 2 Buff 4 another few days of OTAs & 2 hang out w/my new teammates!! I'm excited about wht i hv seen!!"

I have to tell you, I never thought I'd ever see the day when a regular fan could personally contact an NFL star and actually get a response. That's very cool! :unsure:

Fran Charles ( on one of those NFLN updates ) reports a fan stated he was disappointed that T.O. was no longer a Cowboy to T.O. after which T.O. replied " So am I, you can blame Romo and the O.C. for that but I'm happy where I am now."

If I heard it correctly, it sounded like the fan in question twittered T.O. and the reply ensued. :unsure:

That's how I heard it as well. I believe it was posted on TO's website as well, so they said there's all the reason to think its accurate. I haven't checked TO's website myself, though.

I believe TO added that he liked/missed most of his teammates in Dallas and got along well with them. But, he's happy to be where he's at now. Saying all the right things - unless you're Romo or Garrett, I suppose.

Dude, your Avatar is full of win!!!

If I heard it correctly, it sounded like the fan in question twittered T.O. and the reply ensued. :w00t:

See, this is the kind of crap that gets Owens in "trouble". Right or wrong, he can never take the high road, and just keep his trap shut. This is how he becomes a "distraction" where ever is. He seems like a smart guy, but he is still immature. He can't help himself. Now, that thing is scrawling across ESPN's crawl, and it will just be another thing that Owens, and his new teammates (not to mention his old teammates in Dallas) will be asked about, for the next six months. And, Terrell Owens being TO, he won't be able to drop it, and he will say something else...it goes on and on. He is a great football player, and not a bad guy, but the old adage "loose lips sink ships" normally proves to be true, and you would think after 13 seasons of dealing with this kind of crap, he would have learned his lesson by year 14... unless he just enjoys the attention... so most of the "extra attention" the Buffalo franchise gets as a result of signing Owens, will amount to how Owens feels about the Cowboys, the Eagles, Jeff Garcia, Tony Romo, or whoever else he has a beef with...

See, this is the kind of crap that gets Owens in "trouble". Right or wrong, he can never take the high road, and just keep his trap shut. This is how he becomes a "distraction" where ever is. He seems like a smart guy, but he is still immature. He can't help himself. Now, that thing is scrawling across ESPN's crawl, and it will just be another thing that Owens, and his new teammates (not to mention his old teammates in Dallas) will be asked about, for the next six months. And, Terrell Owens being TO, he won't be able to drop it, and he will say something else...it goes on and on. He is a great football player, and not a bad guy, but the old adage "loose lips sink ships" normally proves to be true, and you would think after 13 seasons of dealing with this kind of crap, he would have learned his lesson by year 14... unless he just enjoys the attention... so most of the "extra attention" the Buffalo franchise gets as a result of signing Owens, will amount to how Owens feels about the Cowboys, the Eagles, Jeff Garcia, Tony Romo, or whoever else he has a beef with...

You're right, more nice high-road guys like Chris Kelsay, that is what we need.

You're right, more nice high-road guys like Chris Kelsay, that is what we need.

So I guess by your logic, Walter Payton = Kelsay?

Nice contribution....

As for TO, he is what he is, and extremely talented WR with the character and personality of a gnat.

So I guess by your logic, Walter Payton = Kelsay?

Nice contribution....

As for TO, he is what he is, and extremely talented WR with the character and personality of a gnat.

Would be nice to have the total package, but if I have to pick, would rather have locker room loudmouth who plays, than locker room perfect gentleman, that sux.

We have no Walter Paytons sadly, but, several Kelsays.

Why is TO in "trouble" for speaking his mind? I have no problem with it. I say bring on the Circus.

If I heard it correctly, it sounded like the fan in question twittered T.O. and the reply ensued. :w00t:

Why would anyone expect Owens to take the high road? And more importantly, who cares?? Let's be real here, when ESPN parades Tent Dilfer out there and refers to him as an NFL expert, credibility has gone out the window in sports reporting. Now we don't even need reporters. All we have to do is surf on over to T.O.'s "twitter" page, and get the answers from him directly. And ESPN pays Fran Charles to report that?

Like I said, if T.O. can give the Bills those 10 TD's this season, I don't care if he twitters, blogs, texts, IM's and (God forbid) even talks on his cell phone to every football fan in America that he hates Buffalo and can't wait to get out when the year ends. When a players signs a one year contract, there really isn't much time or reason to worry about anything else he says or does beyond the 16 (or hopefully) more games he is under contract for. :thumbsup:

You have to keep in mind that there are more Receivers who have that DIVA personality in the league. More often than not, each team has an "ocho cinco", or chris henry, as well as jacksonville unloading there entire receiving corps, or Boldin, Burress, or Edwards. It is the diva position and TO is none other than the ring leader.

You cant make a hooker a housewife and you cant make TO the loveable character some were hoping hew would translate into. We new what we were getting and production is a few months away so this is what will be talked about until he begins to play. "He is who we thought he was!!!" (good ole coach Green)

Why would anyone expect Owens to take the high road? And more importantly, who cares?? Let's be real here, when ESPN parades Tent Dilfer out there and refers to him as an NFL expert, credibility has gone out the window in sports reporting. Now we don't even need reporters. All we have to do is surf on over to T.O.'s "twitter" page, and get the answers from him directly. And ESPN pays Fran Charles to report that?

Like I said, if T.O. can give the Bills those 10 TD's this season, I don't care if he twitters, blogs, texts, IM's and (God forbid) even talks on his cell phone to every football fan in America that he hates Buffalo and can't wait to get out when the year ends. When a players signs a one year contract, there really isn't much time or reason to worry about anything else he says or does beyond the 16 (or hopefully) more games he is under contract for. :w00t:

That's how I heard it as well. I believe it was posted on TO's website as well, so they said there's all the reason to think its accurate. I haven't checked TO's website myself, though.

I believe TO added that he liked/missed most of his teammates in Dallas and got along well with them. But, he's happy to be where he's at now. Saying all the right things - unless you're Romo or Garrett, I suppose.

:w00t:

For what it's worth, the report I saw acknowledged he simply confirmed what most already knew/assumed, that Romo and Garrett are two of the main reasons he is gone. It isn't as if he brought this up, for the first time.

The question was asked, "Why would Romo want to get rid of TO?" A good question when you consider TO played a HUGE part in Romo's early success as a starting QB. Well, sometimes it is just time for things to end/change. The Boys weren't progressing, and TO can be a giant pain-in-the-ass. He may be a PITA that can make plays, but when things aren't going well, most people find the PITA even more annoying than usual. If Dallas had made the playoffs, and done well, you wouldn't have seen TO available, and Romo would be singing his praises.

To assume that TO is no longer a good player, or can't help a team win, simply because the Cowboys got rid of him, is flawed logic. Belicheat was fired, Shanahan was fired, James Harrison was let go on more than one occasion, etc.

Honestly, I hated TO the football player. And I agree 100% with what you said. But I think Buffalo made a very wise decision in a 1 year deal. TO is using us and we're using him. And it could be a very good deal for both sides. TO is a stop gap until our young receivers are ready fulltime and he is using us for his last contract.

But anyone who wants TO here for more than one year is nuts. It's not a question of when he will explode but when. But for one year, he will be the perfect teammate. Personally, I see it as a win-win for us.

"He seems like a smart guy"

I don't like the way TO behaves, but must question whether there is method to his madness.

The publicity he gets you can't just buy. And his NFL career is over in 1-2 years. If it's about the $$$$, if I was him, I would be making sure my name stays in the media any way possible. If it's about self respect and how I would like to conduct myself, I would STFU.

He has position himself well for a TV life after football.