The Cowboys Are Shopping Greg Ellis

I'd rather have a guy that's already collecting social security as long as it guaruntees Kelsay doesn't see the field this season.

I think Kelsay is overpaid, but clearly you think he's one of the top 60 DEs in football. You guys make it seem like he's the absolute worst starter at that position.

He's old but still has a year in him or so. The biggest question is how did he get along with TO?

Not sure if you want a serious answer or not, but...

Much of the defense was reportedly in Owen's corner. One of the major beefs was that Romo was not 'coached up' after making a bonehead mistake. He would toss a pick, miss a read etc. and trot off to the sidelines and neither the HC or OC ever took him to task. That's Jerrah's doing. Meanwhile the defensive players felt that they did get 'coached up' after mistakes were made.

IMO Romo would be a much better QB today had Parcells stayed in Dallas.

When a defensive player hits the market, you need to determine if he's a 3-4 LB hybrid player or 4-3 DE or OLB.

There's a huge difference. Ellis can't play the OLB spot in a 4-3 and he's not suited for DE in a 4-3.

The Bills will have zero interest in him. He's a 3-4 player only at this point in his career.

When a defensive player hits the market, you need to determine if he's a 3-4 LB hybrid player or 4-3 DE or OLB.

There's a huge difference. Ellis can't play the OLB spot in a 4-3 and he's not suited for DE in a 4-3.

The Bills will have zero interest in him. He's a 3-4 player only at this point in his career.

He was a very successful 4-3 DE I believe. He resisted a move to LB and he was successful there. I don't know how much he has in the tank and he's a bit of a clubhouse lawyer, but don't dismiss his abilities so quickly.

He was a very successful 4-3 DE I believe. He resisted a move to LB and he was successful there. I don't know how much he has in the tank and he's a bit of a clubhouse lawyer, but don't dismiss his abilities so quickly.

He played for the Jets and Cowboys...both 3-4 defenses.

He played for the Jets and Cowboys...both 3-4 defenses.
At the end of the 2005-2006 football season, Ellis stated that he was not sure if he would return to the Dallas Cowboys due to decreased playing time, saying " "I just think obviously he (Bill Parcells) just feels that I don't fit into the scheme the way he wants me to fit, or I'm not that guy he's looking for." Parcells was changing the Cowboys' base defense from its traditional 4-3 scheme to the 3-4 scheme for which Parcells was noted; Ellis wasn't sure he could be productive as a 3-4 defensive end, as at 280 pounds, Ellis didn't have ideal size to take on stronger, heavier offensive tackles from an inside position. Ellis' snaps appeared to decrease down the stretch. His 121-game streak as a starter ended December 4 against the New York Giants when he was replaced in the lineup by rookie Chris Canty.