TO is filming in Niagara Falls tonight at 7:30

FYI - A friend of mines parents live next door to a Bed & Breakfast on Park Place in downtown Niagara Falls. He claims that TO & Company will be filming a portion of his VH1 show there tonight at 7:30pm.

FYI - A friend of mines parents live next door to a Bed & Breakfast on Park Place in downtown Niagara Falls. He claims that TO & Company will be filming a portion of his VH1 show there tonight at 7:30pm.

Can VH1 film and send Jauron in a barrel over the falls?

terrellowens81Oh Yeh!! BTW, i'm back frm Niagara Falls & it ws truly amazing!! it ws unbelievable! Never thought i'd ever c Niagara Falls n my lifetime!

From his Twitter

Even though I suppose I'm part of the whole "instant messenger/text/twitter" generation I can't understand abbreviating was with ws. Is it really that hard to throw an a in the middle of there TO!? :wallbash:

Even though I suppose I'm part of the whole "instant messenger/text/twitter" generation I can't understand abbreviating was with ws. Is it really that hard to throw an a in the middle of there TO!? :wallbash:

They only allow 140 characters in a tweet...he wanted to make sure to get everything said

He couldn't afford to travel there? :wallbash:

possibly he never thought much about going there before...idunno

well, you saw fit to drop a comma right after generation ...

i kid, i kid. couldn't resist.

jw

ADD: what i do find remarkable is how much attention T.O. is, in fact, getting across the continent this week. in my first nine years here in Buffalo, rarely did anyone e-mail me to point out that a bylined piece of mine showed up in their local paper.

this week, i got e-mails from friends informing me they read my T.O. minicamp/key to the city piece in the Globe and Mail. the next day, another friend informed me my T.O. house-hunting piece landed in the Vancouver Sun.

sure i'm in the business and understand how it works, but i'm fascinated by the attention this one athlete is capable of drawing. michael jordan and tiger woods -- gretzky to a slightly lesser degree -- are the only two athletes, whom i've covered, who immediately come to mind to have had this ability.

I had to go to Niagara Falls yesterday and I have to say...WHAT THE!!!!! When the heck did that place take such a turn for the worse. I could not believe my eyes when driving through some of the neighborhoods. I had no idea it could ever reach that level.

I had to go to Niagara Falls yesterday and I have to say...WHAT THE!!!!! When the heck did that place take such a turn for the worse. I could not believe my eyes when driving through some of the neighborhoods. I had no idea it could ever reach that level.

its been going downhill for years...

I work up there everyday, and I can tell you there are sections of roads up there that are literally one huge pothole...

I cannot believe how a city getting 12 million tourists a year can have no money....

Niagara Falls should literally be one of the richest cities in the country with that kind of tourist traffic and with the comparably small population of the city...

Well, at least he's not filming in Tonawanda. We know how much they hate him there. :cry:

I work up there everyday, and I can tell you there are sections of roads up there that are literally one huge pothole...

I cannot believe how a city getting 12 million tourists a year can have no money....

Niagara Falls should literally be one of the richest cities in the country with that kind of tourist traffic and with the comparably small population of the city...

Gee, it sounds like that tourism money doesn't go back into the city, eh?....and that sounds like Buffalo politics, to me. Oh wait, Niagara Falls is just outside Buffalo...now it all makes perfect sense. :cry:

well, you saw fit to drop a comma right after generation ...

i kid, i kid. couldn't resist.

jw

ADD: what i do find remarkable is how much attention T.O. is, in fact, getting across the continent this week. in my first nine years here in Buffalo, rarely did anyone e-mail me to point out that a bylined piece of mine showed up in their local paper.

this week, i got e-mails from friends informing me they read my T.O. minicamp/key to the city piece in the Globe and Mail. the next day, another friend informed me my T.O. house-hunting piece landed in the Vancouver Sun.

sure i'm in the business and understand how it works, but i'm fascinated by the attention this one athlete is capable of drawing. michael jordan and tiger woods -- gretzky to a slightly lesser degree -- are the only two athletes, whom i've covered, who immediately come to mind to have had this ability.

TO is polarizing. If you hate him you want to hear about him and if you love him you want to hear about him. I think Jordan, TW and Gretzky are all almost universally respected. I don't think TO is. His popularity is for the same reason Howard Stern is popular.

From "Private Parts"

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

One problem is that there are very few places to spend money on the american side vs the canadian side.

The american side looks ugly. Foreigners gravitate across the gorge.

TO is polarizing. If you hate him you want to hear about him and if you love him you want to hear about him. I think Jordan, TW and Gretzky are all almost universally respected. I don't think TO is. His popularity is for the same reason Howard Stern is popular.

Oh, I don't entirely dispute that, though I'm getting a better idea of who Terrell is as I've followed him around this past week. Yes, he's got a larger than life personality and has a knack for drawing attention to himself. But I've also seen him say, so far, all the right things about "team" and his role on it.

That aside, there have been few athletes that I've covered that generate/attract this type of monumental attention. I've kidded that I can get a story on the wire by simply writing, "T.O. tied his shoe." And that nearly happened on Monday, because as we were allowed into the fieldhouse to watch practice, there was T.O. on the sideline actually tying his shoe.

I resisted the urge to call in an update to test theory.

Guess my point is, and it's a bit of a "duh" one at that, is rarely do my bylined stories about the Bills/Sabres/Bonaventure etc. get much play outside the region. The farther you go, the more the pieces are chopped down and byline stripped.

Fine. That's the business. The Bills, Sabres are part of the North American sports landscape, but have never been considered high-profile franchises, especially this decade.

There have been the rare exceptions, the Kevin Everett stories, that nearly got as much play here as elsewhere.

But nothing has matched the consistency of T.O. so far. And I've been curious about how much more more attention there will be on Buffalo and the Bills this season, and fascinated by the early returns, because I've already got friends pointing out my pieces, and it's only May.

jw