If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms

Also, i love my dog probably more than anything in the entire world... I forgive Vick no matter what happens to him, unless he does it again, or goes to the fish. You, Me, and even Mike Vick all deserve as many chances in life as possible. Nothing in this world is handed to any of us or him, so keep an open mind and heart all the time...

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, we're fish.

I agree with you 100% People would bring up that he was the first opposing QB to get a win in Lambeau Field and that he deserves a second chance. Football fans don't think rationally

Ditto!! The Bills would lose this fan :thumbsup:

When is one considered to have paid his debt to society? As much as I love dogs (and cats) - have had dogs all my life and now my family has a cat that we LOVE - I don't view my cat like I view one of my children. As sickening as what he did was, and it hurts and disgusts me to think about it, he went to jail for it. If we want him to serve more time, then we need to adjust our criminal justice system. He did his time. We do this to all kinds of petty thieves and criminals - continue to persecute them for a crime they paid their debt for, then they can't get employment and end up back in a life of crime trying to survive. Let's move on already.

Also, i love my dog probably more than anything in the entire world... I forgive Vick no matter what happens to him, unless he does it again, or goes to the fish. You, Me, and even Mike Vick all deserve as many chances in life as possible. Nothing in this world is handed to any of us or him, so keep an open mind and heart all the time...

I agree - the guy made a HUGE mistake and he paid for it.

just because he paid his debt and spent time in jail doesnt mean we have to embrace the guy. I dont think there is anybody at TBD who likes every player in the NFL.

I dont mind if the NFL gives him a shot, but I would rather see a career ending injury than Super Bowl glory.

If Leonard Little can play in the NFL after serving an 8-game suspension for killing a woman (DWI & vehicular manslaughter) and subsequently getting ANOTHER DWI (for which he served NO suspension), Michael Vick can play in the NFL.

What he did was wrong, yes. Brutal and grotesque.

He's been severely punished, losing tens of millions of dollars, 2 years of his young life, 2 seasons of his career, and the respect of a hundred-million people. Furthermore, he's still not allowed to play the game, and nobody knows when he will be.

I've always been taught that the beauty of a mistake is that everybody makes them. I know I've done some really dumb stuff in my life (no, I never killed dogs), but the silver lining in it all is that the importance of forgiveness became clearer to me than ever before.

I'm not saying to let the guy back in the game today, or even this season, but there certainly should come a time where the man is allowed to put the past behind him.

Just my 1 cent.

When is one considered to have paid his debt to society? As much as I love dogs (and cats) - have had dogs all my life and now my family has a cat that we LOVE - I don't view my cat like I view one of my children. As sickening as what he did was, and it hurts and disgusts me to think about it, he went to jail for it. If we want him to serve more time, then we need to adjust our criminal justice system. He did his time. We do this to all kinds of petty thieves and criminals - continue to persecute them for a crime they paid their debt for, then they can't get employment and end up back in a life of crime trying to survive. Let's move on already.

He spent over 3 times as much time committing these crimes as he did serving prison time for it. He got off easy. As far as him getting employment, no one is saying they don't want him to be able to do that (well, except a bunch of people who want him killed that I've seen elsewhere)..but why should he get to earn millions for playing a game again? Let him stick with the construction job

I agree - the guy made a HUGE mistake and he paid for it.

He got a slap on the wrist for running an organized criminal activity....a mistake is what Leonard Little did...what Stallworth did...you can't commit the same vicious and sick crime repeatedly over a course of over 6 years and have it said that you made a mistake. A mistake is something that you don't intend to do

He spent over 3 times as much time committing these crimes as he did serving prison time for it. He got off easy. As far as him getting employment, no one is saying they don't want him to be able to do that (well, except a bunch of people who want him killed that I've seen elsewhere)..but why should he get to earn millions for playing a game again? Let him stick with the construction job

He got a slap on the wrist for running an organized criminal activity....a mistake is what Leonard Little did...what Stallworth did...you can't commit the same vicious and sick crime repeatedly over a course of over 6 years and have it said that you made a mistake. A mistake is something that you don't intend to do

Which mistake? The DWI where he killed the woman or the DWI he got 8 months later?

Which mistake? The DWI where he killed the woman or the DWI he got 8 months later?

Those are both mistakes....the 2nd one is even more stupid since he did it a 2nd time...but committing a DWI isn't generally a premeditated crime like what Vick did

Those are both mistakes....the 2nd one is even more stupid since he did it a 2nd time...but committing a DWI isn't generally a premeditated crime like what Vick did

You mean that a person didn't realize that they were drinking and then didn't realize they got in a car? License should automatically be permanently revoked, like they do in civilized places

I'm sorry Philster, but I have a hard time thinking that what Vick did is worse than what Little did.

Generally, DWI is not premeditated, that's true enough. But we're talking about a guy that killed a woman with his irresponsibility (am I even using a real word here?), and--despite knowing that, and carrying around whatever burden any normal person with a discernable conscience would be stricken with--did it a second time (that the law knows about). It shows a total disregard for human life, which--in my opinion--is of greater value than a dog's life.

Vick did heinous things to those animals, absolutely. Did he deserve to be punished? Undoubtedly, and severely at that. But he has been. He's lost everything. Even if he comes back, he'll have to prove he's capable of playing in the league (which some don't even think he did the first time he tried). He won't come back and play for millions, he'll play at or near the league minimum, which won't even cover 10% of the money he owes in bankruptcy court.